F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here ! - Page 16
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here ! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Issac nice pic! Could you tell that vettel was nursing his car along at the end or that his ...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Hey Issac nice pic! Could you tell that vettel was nursing his car along at the end or that his tires had gone off?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The rumor for the last two years is that is Vettels seat come 2014.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

I Support ClubWRX

Mass has kerb named after him

Sports News Now ›

Felipe Massa’s chances of retaining his driving seat for next year are rather flourishing now with his recent string of good results. But earlier in the season, Ferrari boss Montezemolo admitted that he wanted a fresh face with good talent and experience underneath, and even recently quipped that he would sit down with Massa for a lengthy talk. However, whatever happens next year, he will race for Ferrari in the forthcoming Indian GP, where he will ride a kerb he might have trouble forgetting.
    It is called the ‘Massa Kerb’, and no, I’m not kidding. As reported by the Times of India, the kerb has been named after Felipe Massa, and it’s easy to see why, as he crashed there twice in the inaugural race last season. To be honest, in that race, Hamilton and Massa’s battle was the only exciting bit to watch, even though the circuit had all the ingredients to pull out a fight-to-finish race.
    Last year, Felipe Massa called for changes to the BIC after he crashed out in qualifying. On the final run in q3 he pushed his car to the limit and went on the wrong side into Turn 8, with the car landing so hard so that its front suspension broke. He reckoned that the kerb was too high, as the approach to Turn 8 was at around 215 kph.
    The BIC authorities claim that in order to host the SBK next year and the MotoGP in the future, the kerbs are placed 25mm higher to meet the regulations, but as per the FIA, the kerbs can be up to 2 inches higher. To prevent drivers from kicking dust onto the track, grassy areas are added as well.
    The ‘Massa kerb’ is on the right-hand apex of the fast-flowing Turn 8 chicane. The driver said that the ‘Himalayan kerb and ended his qualifying ambitions as a whole with front suspension damage and sailed through the gravel while Alonso found his way to start from third on the grid. The race Sunday saw Massa’s hopes shattering as he broke the left-front suspension on the same chicane but the exit of it.
    As for the upcoming race, the kerbs of turns 6, 7, 8 and 9 have been extended from five to 15 meters in width to stop drivers from riding too much of the apexes. The speeds taken through that sequence is crucial as Turn 10 is winding, and getting a good exit proves to be vital for a timed lap.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX

Formula 1 race in N.J. stalls out, now on track for 2014 | NJ.com

In the stop-and-start saga of the Grand Prix of America, it now appears Formula 1 race cars will not be roaring through the streets of Weehawken and West New York after all, at least not in 2013.
    An official announcement is expected today, but sources told The Star Ledger Thursday the race, tentatively scheduled for June, has been postponed because local organizers haven’t raised enough sponsorship money and are behind in obtaining permits needed to alter local streets that will make up the 3.2-mile race course.
    "Some of it is construction issues," said one source who asked not to be named because he was not at liberty to discuss the matter publicly. The sponsors are still hoping to stage the event sometime in 2014, the source said.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I want my own F1 car! That's a nice sauber BMW too. There Is a guy on F1 technical with a build thread for his BAR Honda. Some people have all the fun.

Nice. Can you imagine showing up at your local track day in that?

I Support ClubWRX
    I dream of getting one & doing what they did in the Shell Ferrari commercial

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I dream of getting one & doing what they did in the Shell Ferrari commercial

Haha, yeah. That's like a wet dream. The noises coming from the two cars from the 60s and 70s nearly made me wet myself.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    This was bound to happen after last weekend. I wonder how much they have to bleep out of the radio transmissions during the race.

Drivers warned against swearing | Planet F1 | Formula One News

Formula One drivers have been told to mind their language when giving interviews after Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel swore on the Abu Dhabi podium.
    In a bid to bring F1 closer to the public, the top three finishers in the grand prix are now interviewed on the podium in the immediate aftermath.
    However, this move resulted in several complaints from the public after both Raikkonen and Vettel, who had finished first and third at the Yas Marina circuit, used strong expletives.
    The FIA's director of communications Norman Howell subsequently wrote to the teams, warning them against swearing in interviews.
    The letter stated that it is "very much our collective responsibility to make sure drivers are aware such language has no place during media events" and that such language "shines an unwelcome beam of adverse publicity on their teams and sponsors, the sport and FIA."
    It added that the FIA understands that "in the 'heat of battle', adrenaline, elation and disappointment make for a dangerous and heady mix.
    "But F1 drivers are not the only ones being interviewed in such conditions: I think of boxers, rugby and football players who are routinely interviewed live on television after a gruelling sporting effort. They manage to avoid inappropriate language."
    Speaking to the BBC, Howell said the letter had been received "positively" by the teams.
    He added that the FIA felt it was necessary as there had been "quite a few complaints, from members of the public, people within the FIA, even from the media."
    "Since it happened twice on the same weekend, I thought I'd send a friendly note.
    "We need to remind the drivers they are professionals. If you're a racing driver at that level you have to realise that part of your job description is to talk to the media, and to do so in a way that is acceptable."
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX

F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here !

Gone are the days of swearing and fist fights. It really is a shame. They've ruined the sport.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.