F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here ! - Page 15
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here ! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; With Hamilton I was impressed with his skill and real immaturity enough initially I have ignored the Diva BS. I ...

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    With Hamilton I was impressed with his skill and real immaturity enough initially I have ignored the Diva BS. I still root for him in spite of the fact his public persona hasn't developed as I would have preferred.

Too bad about De Villota though. Susie Wolff is easy on the eyes.
    Last edited by mycologist; 09-28-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    She is almost as pretty as Nico.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd love to see Schumacher go back to Ferrari.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    The Associated Press: Schumacher confirms F1 retirement

SUZUKA, Japan (AP) Seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher confirmed Thursday that he will retire at the end of the Formula One season.
    Though Mercedes had announced last week that Schumacher would be replaced by Lewis Hamilton next season, there had been speculation the 43-year-old German could move to Sauber. He instead chose to end his career.
    "Basically, I've decided to retire at the end of the year," Schumacher said at the Japanese Grand Prix. "Although I was able and capable of competing with the best drivers that are around at some point it's time to say goodbye and this time it might be forever."
    Schumacher holds the record for number of championships and for grand prix wins, with 91. He began his career in 1991 and won two titles with Benetton then five for Ferrari. He initially retired in 2006, but made a comeback with Mercedes in 2010. That comeback has not lived up to expectations, with just one podium finish.
    "It's without doubt that we did not achieve our goals to develop a world championship fighting car," Schumacher said. "But it is also very clear I can be happy with my overall achievements."
    Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn paid tribute to Schumacher. Brawn was also chief strategist at Ferrari when Schumacher and the Italian team became so dominant that the sport's authorities made several rule changes to even the level of competition.
    "He's the most courageous racing driver of the century," Brawn said "And I feel very privileged to have worked with Michael from the beginning."
    Schumacher hasn't decided what he will do after the season, saying he just wants to focus on the final six races. He has struggled this season, and was issued a 10-place grid penalty for Sunday's race at Suzuka for causing a spectacular crash with Toro Rosso's Jean-Eric Vergne during the Singapore GP.
    "There is no point in the need to make any decisions right now," Schumacher said. "I have options obviously, but whatever it will be will be made in time."
    Schumacher acknowledged he considered retiring even before the announcement of Hamilton's move to Mercedes.
    "During the past month I was not sure if I still had the motivation and energy which is necessary to go on," Schumacher said. "It is not my style to do something which I am not 100 percent feeling for."
    Schumacher holds the record for the most races won in a single season, with 13 in 2004. In 2002, he became the only driver in F1 history to finish in the top three in every race of a season, and set the record for most consecutive podium finishes.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Boo, so that means DiResta and Hulkenberg go to the top of the list to replace Massa.

I think Massa will stay next season and leave when Vettel moves to Ferrari.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Kaltenborn is Sauber's new team boss | Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video

Monisha Kaltenborn has officially become the first female F1 team boss after Peter Sauber handed over the daily running of the Sauber team.
    Sauber, who sold his F1 team to BMW in 2006 only to buy it back four years later, has long made it clear that he doesn't wish to be running the team on a daily basis when he turns 70 next year.
    Thus the Swiss has announced that Kaltenborn with take over as team principal with immediate effect. Sauber will stay on as President of the Board of Directors of all Sauber Group companies.
    "We decided a long time ago that Monisha would take over from me," Sauber said. "But we left the timing open. Now is a good time for both of us, so this is the right moment to pass on the baton.
    "After all, there have been a number of races I've been unable to attend - most recently the Japanese Grand Prix, where the team put in an excellent performance.
    "I'm in no doubt that Monisha has all the necessary skills to be an outstanding Team Principal, and I'm equally certain she will ensure that the values underpinning the company live on. That is very important to me."
    As for her step up, Kaltenborn, who first joined Sauber back in 2000 to run their legal department before becoming CEO in January 2010, is excited about the future.
    "Naturally I'm very aware of the major responsibility I have for Peter Sauber's racing team," Kaltenborn, who was given one-third stake in the company last year, said.
    "He founded the team over 40 years ago, and in the spring it will be 20 years since Sauber lined up for its debut Formula One grand prix.
    "We are the fourth-oldest team in Formula One. To build up a project like this and keep it alive in a difficult environment is a tremendous achievement.
    "I have set my sights high and am committed to taking the team forward as Peter Sauber would want and leading it on to success."
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Speed TV will no longer host F1 races. They were outbid for the TV rights. It is not even clear who picked up the rights. There are rumors that it is NBC Sports. But they are neither confirming nor denying it.Speed network to stop airing Formula One races
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Speed TV will no longer host F1 races. They were outbid for the TV rights. It is not even clear who picked up the rights. There are rumors that it is NBC Sports. But they are neither confirming nor denying it.Speed network to stop airing Formula One races
    Yes, I was stunned when I heard this mentioned during qualifying. This could be bad. With one US race on the calendar this year, and two next year, Bernie clearly felt he should ask for more money for TV coverage here. The four or five races which have been covered by Fox each year have been a total anticlimax. I feel the pre-race coverage is an essential part of the excitement in the buildup to the green light. When Fox starts their coverage 30 seconds before race start, doesn't show it live and then ends bang on 2 hours of coverage, it feels like a non-event.

It's possible we could again see the year's coverage split between 2 or more channels or even pay per view. If the races go to a dedicated sports channel I don't currently subscribe to (F1 is the only sport I watch), I won't be paying any extra. It's also possible it may be picked up by a major network who feel it's such a niche sport in the US, that it doesn't warrant showing qualifying at all.

I iz not happy.

I Support ClubWRX

Re: F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here !

Just for the record SPEED TV is owned by FOX. If you noticed on the screen, SPEED now has a FOX Sports logo above it. There are also rumors that FOX wants to eliminate SPEED entirely & make the channel a dedicated sports channel instead of just about cars.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Just for the record SPEED TV is owned by FOX. If you noticed on the screen, SPEED now has a FOX Sports logo above it. There are also rumors that FOX wants to eliminate SPEED entirely & make the channel a dedicated sports channel instead of just about cars.
    Yeah, I was aware of that. I just don't see any channel dedicating as much air time to F1 as Speed has done. At least not without charging more money, and that saddens me because I may not be able to watch it any more. When one races ends, I'm already looking forward to the next one.

I Support ClubWRX
    SPOILER ALERT!

Congrats to Vettel. He absolutely dominated out there today, with a quick jump to the lead right off the grid, and never gave it up. His car was extremely quick through the corners. You could visibly see him pull away in corners 4-6 (where I was sitting).

Here's a quick pic of me with Vettel in the background. Sorry for the cell pics, it's all I had.

Last edited by Rambo; 10-14-2012 at 06:19 AM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Just a 1 year contract?

Ferrari stick with Massa | Planet F1 | Formula One News

Felipe Massa has signed a new one-year deal with Ferrari, the Italian team have confirmed.
    The Brazilian's future at Ferrari has been the subject of great speculation throughout the season, with a poor start to the campaign appearing as if it may cost him his seat.
    However, a resurgence that has seen him finish in the top five in four of the last five races - including a second place finish in Japan - appears to have been enough to secure his spot with the Maranello outfit.
    "Scuderia Ferrari announces it has renewed its contract with the driver Felipe Massa to the end of the 2013 race season," the team said in a statement.
    "The Scuderia's driver line-up for next year is therefore made up of Fernando Alonso and the aforementioned Felipe Massa."
    Massa admitted his delight at signing the deal and committed himself to the cause.
    "Ferrari is my sports family. First, I want to thank President Montezemolo and (team principal) Stefano Domenicali, who gave me confidence which I have always maintained, even in the most difficult moments," said the 31-year-old.
    "Both the team and the fans can be assured I will do all that is in my power to help the Scuderia to achieve the goals that arise every year."
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    SPOILER ALERT!

Congrats to Vettel. He absolutely dominated out there today, with a quick jump to the lead right off the grid, and never gave it up. His car was extremely quick through the corners. You could visibly see him pull away in corners 4-6 (where I was sitting).

Here's a quick pic of me with Vettel in the background. Sorry for the cell pics, it's all I had.
    Nice. I have never been to a race.

Yeah, I'm jelly too.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"