F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here ! - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here ! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SonicWagon You heard it here first folks. McLaren 'makes contact' with Sergio Perez | McLaren | Formula ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Re: F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here !

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    Hmmm...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    It was just a thought I had and now a couple days later I see this. Perez could be 2013 WDC in a McLaren.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    It has happened

Hamilton signs three-year Merc deal | Planet F1 | Formula One News

Lewis Hamilton will race for Mercedes next season, replacing Michael Schumacher in what he is billing as a "fresh challenge."
    After months of speculation about his future, it was finally announced on Friday that Hamilton has called it quits on his 14-year association with McLaren, signing a long-term deal with rivals Mercedes.
    Hamilton has been with McLaren in some part since he was a 13-year-old karter and entered Formula One with the Woking team in 2007, winning the Drivers' Championship the following season.
    The Brit's results slumped since with Hamilton fighting for the crown but never quite getting there, prompting him to seek a "fresh challenge" elsewhere.
    "It is now time for me to take on a fresh challenge and I am very excited to begin a new chapter racing for the Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team," said the 27-year-old.
    "Mercedes-Benz has such an incredible heritage in motorsport, along with a passion for winning which I share.
    "Together, we can grow and rise to this new challenge. I believe that I can help steer the Silver Arrows to the top and achieve our joint ambitions of winning the World Championships."
    Meanwhile, team boss Ross Brawn has hailed the "potential" that now waits Mercedes with Hamilton and Nico Rosberg flying the flag.
    "The arrival of a driver of Lewis' calibre is a testament to the standing of Mercedes-Benz in Formula One and I am proud that Lewis shares our vision and ambition for the success of the Silver Arrows," said the Brit.
    "I believe that the combination of Lewis and Nico will be the most dynamic and exciting pairing on the grid next year, and I am looking forward to what we can achieve together.
    "Over the past three years, we have been putting in place the foundations and building blocks that are needed to compete regularly for the World Championship.
    "Behind the scenes, we have assembled a team that is technically stronger, more experienced and better resourced, thanks to the support of Petronas and all of our loyal team partners.
    "The potential is now there to match any other team on the grid, which is the minimum standard for a Mercedes-Benz works team. Our task is now to translate that potential into on-track performance for next season and beyond."
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

And Perez is a McLaren driver. Checo for 2013 WDC!!!
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    First time in a while I've been caught up with my DVR, so I'm finally checking in.

Hamilton with Merc. is an interesting development. I don't follow all the drama, but it seems like a lot to throw away with McLaren, who by all rights had the car to be way in front in this championship. Too bad Alonso got to Ferrari first.

I'm guessing when Shumi got the WTF?? message over the radio for his recent punt that was the end with them. Too bad - I hated to see that.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes,the WTF message was maybe the strangest ever heard. Maybe from a Team boss to a rookie driver,but to Michael Schumacher? I guess it exposed Ross Brawn's frustration under his cool demeanor.

And it was quite clear Hamilton had not been happy for a while.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

The reason Hamilton went to Merc is money. He is getting much more than McLaren originally offered.
    There is more going on here as we'll, McLaren might be losing Vodaphone and Sergio brings TelMex with him. Like Fernando brought Santander in 07.
    McLaren also restrict drivers outside sponsorship deals now Lewis is free to become the face of whomever he wants.

And finally Monster energy (a Merc GP sponsor) was recently purchased by coke and they want to bring the fight to Red Bull but need a top driver to do so.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, had heard the speculation about Coke wanting to take the fight to Red Bull.

What will happen to Schumacher? He hasn't said he'd retire for a second time. Anyone else think he might go back to Ferrari. It is silly season,so we can speculate.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Schumi should get massa's seat.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yup.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

So who gets perez's spot at sauber?

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Yes,the WTF message was maybe the strangest ever heard. Maybe from a Team boss to a rookie driver,but to Michael Schumacher? I guess it exposed Ross Brawn's frustration under his cool demeanor.

And it was quite clear Hamilton had not been happy for a while.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't Ross Brawn on the radio, it didn't sound like his voice. More likely Schumi's engineer. But I'd be sad to see him go again despite the mistakes he's made this year. Hopefully he'll find a drive elsewhere. But I suspect the rumours about him having a different role within a team are likely.

Good luck with the immature Hamilton, Mercedes. I could not put up with a diva no matter how many races he won.

I'll take a diva on pole over Britney sitting 6th on the grid and falling back in the opening laps. This is a good move for Hamilton despite what some say, and in 2014 he will have the best engine in a car with a clever interpretation of the rules. Ross Brawn is THE team principle you want and Merc has enough loot to take on the top three.

I Support ClubWRX
    Massa goes back to Sauber?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I think that Esteban Gutierrez will end up in the sauber. Massa to Indycar. Schumi to Ferrari.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.