F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here ! - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2012 thread ...chat / results /rumors and lies all in here ! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by SD_GR I don't see where the Williams could have gone though. Hamilton drove him off track on ...

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I don't see where the Williams could have gone though. Hamilton drove him off track on all fours and left no quarter.

The worst of it is Alonso winning. He'll be insufferable.

Did Hamilton get fined for throwing the steering wheel?
    No fine or penalty for Hamilton, he slowed sufficiently under the yellow.

Maldonado should have slotted in behind Hamilton one can't attack from off track like that. If he had taken the position he would have had to give it back.

Maldonado gave up a podium today and cost Lewis a load of points.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The right thing for any car in Maldonado's situation would have been to lift after coming into the right hander and losing the braking war and going off track, slotted in behind Hamilton on the left hander and passed him on the next straight.

I'm glad they both got taken out though, because I have been routing for Schumacher since his underdog return. I'd like for him to get to 100 wins. You can tell that every result, even a third place podium now almost means more than any win before it. Because now instead of a win being expected it's quite the opposite. He's expected to choke and fade hopelessly into oblivion like so many who have come back from retirement before him. You can tell by his demeanor that he's happy to still be relevant and not just the old guy making laps.

Kimi while I appreciate what he has done for Lotus this year compared to last, is never happy. Even if he won I swear he'd find some fault in it.

I wonder what Button has going on....maybe personal problems? GF on his mind? He hasn't been into it the last several rounds.

The Caterham and Marusia should get Nitrous or something, it's horrible to watch, they are just road blocks. Maybe a 2min head start in front of the pole sitters? Or a reverse grid, with pole position getting 5 championship points so people still vie for it.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Lauda returned and won it all, so it's possible for Schumacher, it would not be unprecedented. I like him more now that he's a working man.

I'd love to see Massa win a few too,
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Not Hamilton's fault, but when your tires have turned to butter why not just get out of the way. He was getting by soon enough no matter what. Their pit strategy of screwing up majorly every race has been remarkably effective at costing them the Championships.

I like having Shumi around - he gives me someone else to root for while McLaren flails. His facial expressions indicate he has achieved a real honest good-natured bliss from his success. Alonso would be well served to get on that train as his demeanor is entirely insufferable.
    Last edited by mycologist; 06-25-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX

I'd love to see Massa win a few too,
    I have a feeling Massa will never be an F1 champion, and after this year will either be relegated to a back-marker team before fading into oblivion, or not have a ride for next year altogether.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Schumacher back to Ferrari? If I were making the decision I wouldn't be looking for Vettel or Webber or Perez it would be Schumi and Maldonado.

He is aggressive to a fault but you cant deny that there is something special in Maldonado showing itself this year. If not for his crashes he would be 2nd in the championship in a Williams. Plus I bet Ferrari can get PDVSA to give them even more than the 60 million dollars they pay Williams for Pastors seat.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I have a feeling Massa will never be an F1 champion, and after this year will either be relegated to a back-marker team before fading into oblivion, or not have a ride for next year altogether.
    Massa was world champion for the few seconds before Hamilton crossed the finish line in Brasil that year.

I think he's something of the new millenium's Michele Alboreto (eighty grands prix for Ferrari, lots of wins, lots of losses, no championships).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Massa was world champion for the few seconds before Hamilton crossed the finish line in Brasil that year.

I think he's something of the new millenium's Michele Alboreto (eighty grands prix for Ferrari, lots of wins, lots of losses, no championships).
    Yeah that race was unfortunate for him, and very emotional for both.

Sadly, Ferrari this year gave Massa an Ultimatum at the beginning of the season....Produce or this will be your last year. Massa's knee jerk was to blame all the problems on the F2012 and trash talk it in the media, something that got Alain Prost fired in the 90's. The car was dreadful at the off, but Alonzo won race 2 much to everyone's surprise, and the car has improved ever since. Culminating at another near win last week and a win this week. Now Alonzo tops the leader board in the F2012 and is 100 pts ahead of his teammate while Massa has only a handful of points (11), fewer than drivers of back marker teams such as Sauber, Williams and Lotus. In fact the only drivers who have fewer points are the Caterham and HRT/Marusia boys. His lack of points scoring has Ferrari in 4th place in the championship points behind Lotus, whom last year had a total of 0 Championship points at the end of the season.

So pretty much Massa's bags are packed, but his choices aren't attractive:

Mclaren? Nope.
    Ferrari? Nope.
    Mercedes? Nope.
    Williams? Possible but doubtful, in light of it all would Williams tell Bruno Senna (out ranks Massa by 1 place in the standings) to take a hike? Only option is if Pastor Maldonado leaves for Massa's seat at Ferrari, but thats doubtful as he brings $60M euros of Venezuelan oil money with him to Williams.
    Sauber? Maybe, but their drivers are a bargain right now and producing better than Massa.
    Force India? Maybe, but both their drivers are higher than he is currently on the standings?
    Toro Rosso? Hell they'll take anyone, but they are Ferrari powered so politics may play a factor.
    HRT/Marussia? They'd take him in a heartbeat, but couldn't afford to pay. From what I understand Narain Karthikeyan pays for his seat at HRT, and has been told he is gone after this year.
    Caterham? A possible home as well.

Part of me thinks that Massa would rather die than be a backmarker. My prediction is if Massa doesn't win this year at least once, and start getting consistent top 7 finishes, he'll leave the sport of F1 and find a home in either Indy (if its still going) with Rubens Barachello, or NASCAR with Juan Pablo. Or he'll find something else to do entirely.

There has even been talk Masssa won't finish the 2012 season with Ferrari.
    Last edited by 06wrx4me; 06-25-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Formula 1 test driver Maria de Villota seriously injured in crash

LONDON (AP) – Female Formula One test driver Maria de Villota was in a hospital with life-threatening injuries after a collision with a team vehicle during a testing session at an airfield in southern England on Tuesday.
    • By Mark Thompson, Getty Images
      Formula One test driver Maria de Villota, the daughter of former F1 driver Emilio de Villota, joined Marussia as a test driver at the start of this season, becoming the sport's first full-time female driver since the 1990s.

Enlarge

By Mark Thompson, Getty Images
    Formula One test driver Maria de Villota, the daughter of former F1 driver Emilio de Villota, joined Marussia as a test driver at the start of this season, becoming the sport's first full-time female driver since the 1990s.

De Villota's team, Marussia F1, said her car hit the team support truck at the end of her first run at Duxford Airfield in Cambridgeshire . It was the first time the 32-year-old Spanish driver, who joined the team this season, tested the MR-01 car.
    An ambulance spokesman said the injuries were life-threatening and De Villota was treated by paramedics at the scene before being moved to the nearby Addenbrookes Hospital.
    Marussia confirmed De Villota's crash in a statement on its website.
    "The accident happened at the end of her first installation run and involved an impact with the team's support truck," Marussia said. "Maria has been transferred to hospital. Once her medical condition has been assessed a further statement will be issued."
    De Villota is the daughter of former F1 driver Emilio de Villota and joined Marussia as a test driver at the start of this season, becoming the sport's first full-time female driver since Italian Giovanna Amati with the Brabham team in 1992.
    De Villota had previously tested for Renault and had racing experience in Spanish F3 and the Daytona 24-Hours.
    The Russian-owned team started in Formula One as Virgin Racing in 2010 and rebranded as Marussia for the start of the current season. It has yet to pick up a point this year ahead of this weekend's British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
    Its race drivers are Timo Glock of Germany and Charles Pic of France.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    De Villota loses right eye | Planet F1 | Formula One News

The Spaniard is in a critical but stable condition after the accident which occurred during a straight line test at Duxford Airfield.
    "Maria emerged from theatre at Addenbrooke's Hospital this morning after a lengthy operation to address the serious head and facial injuries she received in the accident at Duxford Airfield yesterday," said Marussia team principal John Booth.
    "We are grateful for the medical attention that Maria has been receiving and her family would like to thank the neurological and plastics surgical teams. However it is with great sadness that I must report that, due to the injuries she sustained, Maria has lost her right eye.
    "Maria's care and the wellbeing of her family remain our priority at this time. Her family are at the hospital and we are doing everything possible to support them. We ask for everyone's patience and understanding with regard to updates on Maria's condition. We will provide further information when it is appropriate to do so and with consideration for her family.
    "In the meantime, we would all like to take this opportunity to praise the emergency services at Duxford Airfield, who were on stand-by yesterday, as is usual procedure for a Formula One test.
    "With regard to the accident, we have embarked on a very comprehensive analysis of what happened and this work continues for the moment. Finally, we have been overwhelmed by messages of support for Maria, her family and the Team and we would like to express our sincere gratitude for those."
    It is believed that De Villota, who joined the team in March, had just completed her initial installation run when her car ran into the tailgate of a support truck at around 20-30mph. The tailgate was at such a height that the majority of the trauma centered on De Villota's head. This has not been confirmed by the team, though.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Don't know what to say, very sad.

not related to any race or event in particular. but i found this quick video and thought you guys might enjoy it

Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Pretty cool!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Epic quote- "There are battles between World champions up & down the field".LOL.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Webber extends contract with RBR till 2013

Webber: There were talks with Ferrari | Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video

Mark Webber has admitted that he held discussions with Ferrari before he signed a new contract with Red Bull.
    The Australian was linked with a move to the Italian squad earlier this summer, but Red Bull put an end to the reports on Tuesday as they confirmed that he has extended his deal until the end of 2013.
    Webber, though, has revealed that there was truth to the speculation.
    "There were discussions with Ferrari, but my decision was to stay here," he said.
    He added: "It's been an interesting few months, but overall the continuity and desire for me to continue at Red Bull Racing was very strong. My main focus is on this year's Championship, which is very important.
    "In addition it's an amazing bunch of guys and girls at Red Bull Racing and I really, really like working with them. That has a huge effect on me and how I perform in the car and it helped me in my decision."
    By tying the veteran down for another season, Red Bull will a driver line-up of Webber-Sebastian Vettel for five consecutive seasons.
    Webber and Vettel have previously admitted that they are not the best of friends away from Formula One, but enjoy a good working relationship.
    "Obviously with Seb, we've worked very, very close together for a long period of time now," Webber said.
    "I think no-one would really have envisaged how long we have worked together, so that's probably been a bit of a surprise. There are not many team-mates staying together for that long in Formula One, but it's proved to be a successful partnership with both of us working very hard with the key technical members of the team. It's been a potent operation.
    "We're still competitive when we hit the track, no question about it, especially in 2010 and this year. Last year there wasn't much racing between Sebastian and I, but in 2009, 2010 and this year, there have been some great battles.
    "That's been enjoyable for the team, sometimes stressful too as it's not easy for both of us to be at the front and I can understand that, as both of us are thinking about ourselves sometimes, but ultimately we know that we need to get the cars home and get the best results for us and the team."
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.