Launch Question - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Launch Question within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MainFrame Right.. I never took my F-150 up on two wheels around corners in high school, and ...

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Right.. I never took my F-150 up on two wheels around corners in high school, and I certainly didn't lose control one day and hit a telephone pole head on, breaking it off, falling over the top of the cab caving in the roof and exploding a transformer....
    And I never went to a bachelor party, had too much to drink, drove home after a massive brawl where 10 cops showed up, went airborne off the road at over 100 mph and did $30k in damage to a new Porsche, and almost killed me and my best friend (who didn't drive for 3 years afterwards because he was so scared after the incident).

Ah to be young and stupid again.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    And I never went to a bachelor party, had too much to drink, drove home after a massive brawl where 10 cops showed up, went airborne off the road at over 100 mph and did $30k in damage to a new Porsche, and almost killed me and my best friend (who didn't drive for 3 years afterwards because he was so scared after the incident).

Yep.. sounds pretty typical, for things that never happened....

This thread is from like march. Stop commenting lol.

You were still responding on May 18 not March..... And others have added more since then..... Don't like to have your young stupidity brought up again?

Don't worry all of us were young and stupid at one point too. At some point we all grow up though!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    At some point we all grow up though!
    Well, some people do...
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I've launched my car like 7 times lmao. And idk after 08 they beefed up the **** transmissions in the Rex's so I'm not really worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetWRX View Post
    This thread is from like march. Stop commenting lol.

Right, March was just like a couple months ago. A thread's not dead until no one has commented on it for a bout a year.. this one's still nice and active.

Sounds intense! haha. I actually woke up this morning with a notification on my phone about this thread which gave me a good laugh. Thanks! haha
    We all need to do a few dumb things when we're young. I'm 20 and the worst things I do is race on the interstate when people mess with me first....which the only car that has has been a new challenger. Needless to say I won. (:
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    I was just giving you a heads up since your new. Most people I know that are not very familiar with these cars think you can beat them like a pro rally car just because it's a wrx or sti.
    Offcourse you can! We are still running our stock 6 speed tranny in our rallycar, after 10!! years of beating in the forests it is still smooth and relieable! only had to make some new linkage-bushings, wich we fitted one year ago! Many thousands of beating rallykilometres on this one!! (car was Norwegian champion 2004&2005!)
    I am not telling you to beat the **** out of your tranny, but as is my opinion its a really rigid one!

Quote Originally Posted by CodriverNorway View Post
    Offcourse you can! We are still running our stock 6 speed tranny in our rallycar, after 10!! years of beating in the forests it is still smooth and relieable! only had to make some new linkage-bushings, wich we fitted one year ago! Many thousands of beating rallykilometres on this one!! (car was Norwegian champion 2004&2005!)
    I am not telling you to beat the **** out of your tranny, but as is my opinion its a really rigid one!

My guess is your driver knows how to drive as well.. many people do not.

Maybe thats the thruth, but with 3 different owners/drivers I still believe that the tranny is really strong! in the last 4 years only changed one clutch! Sometimes there is no time to clutch while shifting as well! hehe!

Quote Originally Posted by CodriverNorway View Post
    Maybe thats the thruth, but with 3 different owners/drivers I still believe that the tranny is really strong! in the last 4 years only changed one clutch! Sometimes there is no time to clutch while shifting as well! hehe!

You're also talking about a six speed. WRX comes from the factory with a five speed that is substantially weaker than the six speed. For a point of reference, the shop I use rates the five speed good for around 330wtq, where as they consider the six speed capable of holding 550+wtq.

Yes, its the 6 speed with dccd!

I've launched my car like 7 times lmao. And idk after 08 they beefed up the **** transmissions in the Rex's so I'm not really worried about it.
    So, just in case you are wondering, little troll, saying "haha" "lol" "lmao" after what you say doesn't make you look like less of a douche. Actually it makes you seem like more of one. Be thankful you didn't post this on NASIOC, you would have been brutalized. At least here people are civil and tried to give you good advice. Instead you just told us how much you don't care and since the car hasn't detonated for 6 months it must be ok.

lol.

LMAO.

haha.

Jesus.

Look left, minivan. Look right, dodge neon. AAAWWWEEEEEHHHHH sh!t it's go time!! *revs*
    Clowns to the left of me , jokers to the right - here I am....
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.