Launch Question - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Launch Question within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Oh and I'd like to say thank you to the people who just answered my question instead of assuming I'm ...

Oh and I'd like to say thank you to the people who just answered my question instead of assuming I'm a . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .ing retard lmao. This is an old thread and I have my launch down to a science now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetWRX View Post
    Odd, I have been launching after every stoplight and I'm yet to "brake" anything.
    I caught the sarcasm, found it funny. At any rate, I'd like to know more about your approach to launching, since you've worked it out well.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

Well it became a lot easier once I got my Accessport from Cobb now when I rev I can see my boost I normally go between 4-5k then let the clutch out slow until I feel the car pull then release a little faster that way the transmission doesn't have all the torque stomp down on it at once .... Eliminates the lurch and takes off like an effing rocket. Raced a saline the other day and launched kept up until 3rd gear so works well :P

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Bahaha TR really did mess with the swear filter huh?

. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .

ass
    . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .
    . Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .. Potty Mouth .

Edit: bahahaha this really is funny
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Raced a saline the other day
    Wow, and all this time I just used it to clean my contacts...

Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    Wow, and all this time I just used it to clean my contacts...

Be careful when racing that stuff...contents under pressure...

I have been launching after every stoplight..

Sorry using my phone must have auto corrected me xD it doesn't know what cars are. I meeaaant a SALEEN

Trolololol

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Well I have to admit...on occasion when I'm first in line at a red light...I look to each side to see who's next to me...as long as the conditions are OK. Unfortunately it's usually a minivan, SUV, or some 1998 Grand Am Se or something...well that's no fun. I find that crotch rockets like to 'play around' with the 'tuner cars' sometimes. They're crazy though and generally unsafe riders in these situations so I don't mess around.

Look left, minivan. Look right, dodge neon. AAAWWWEEEEEHHHHH sh!t it's go time!! *revs*

Look left, minivan. Look right, dodge neon. AAAWWWEEEEEHHHHH sh!t it's go time!! *revs*
    2006 WRX
    2012 WRX STI
    - Speed never kills anyone, Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what whats gets you. Jeremy Clarkson.

How old are you? You cant just dump the clutch in a awd car

Quote Originally Posted by tylermayer View Post
    How old are you? You cant just dump the clutch in a awd car

Judging by the posts, I would guess 16-17.. he lives his life a 1/4 mile at a time bro!

Well it became a lot easier once I got my Accessport from Cobb now when I rev I can see my boost I normally go between 4-5k then let the clutch out slow until I feel the car pull then release a little faster that way the transmission doesn't have all the torque stomp down on it at once .... Eliminates the lurch and takes off like an effing rocket. Raced a saline the other day and launched kept up until 3rd gear so works well :P
    I feel very sorry for your clutch! Launching in any car, especially an AWD car, is best done with less RPM and more feathering of the clutch. How many miles are on your car and have you budgeted for a clutch replacement soon? And I realize you've used a lot of sarcasm in the thread but it's also obvious you're launching your car a whole lot which these cars aren't designed for or hold up to well.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Well I have to admit...on occasion when I'm first in line at a red light...I look to each side to see who's next to me...as long as the conditions are OK. Unfortunately it's usually a minivan, SUV, or some 1998 Grand Am Se or something...well that's no fun. I find that crotch rockets like to 'play around' with the 'tuner cars' sometimes. They're crazy though and generally unsafe riders in these situations so I don't mess around.
    Says the guy that's street racing.....

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Judging by the posts, I would guess 16-17.. he lives his life a 1/4 mile at a time bro!
    Yeah not over 20 and a very immature and irresponsible driver. Which is really an oxymoron because any teenage male driver (and almost any early 20s male driver) is immature and irresponsible!

I of course was the model of responsibility when I was younger and never raced or sped or did anything unsafe. Except for way too many times.....
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I of course was the model of responsibility when I was younger and never raced or sped or did anything unsafe. Except for way too many times.....

Right.. I never took my F-150 up on two wheels around corners in high school, and I certainly didn't lose control one day and hit a telephone pole head on, breaking it off, falling over the top of the cab caving in the roof and exploding a transformer....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.