my exotic driving experience/review

This is a discussion on my exotic driving experience/review within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so, here at disney there used to be the richard petty driving experience where you can drive a nascar car ...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

my exotic driving experience/review

so, here at disney there used to be the richard petty driving experience where you can drive a nascar car around a track. fun, but i could care less about nascar

this month they opened up new options which appealed to me much more! - the exotic driving experience.

from $199-$399 you can pick from one of the following four exotics: ferrari 458 italia, lamborghini gallardo LP570-4 superleggera, lamborghini gallardo LP560-4, porsche 997 s, and audi R8. you can 6 laps around the track with a trained instructor in the passenger seat.

when you first arrive you sign in and get your pass/USB bracelet. [the USB bracelet tracks your data such as lap times, speed, etc].

you also take a 30ish minute intro course. you basically watch a video about driving techniques and the instructor also talks to you about each model of car/how much they're worth/ etc.

after this you go outside to get your picture taken:

better pic of my charriot:

once you're done with this you wait for your turn to come and get fitted with a helmet. you're then whisked away to your exotic and meet your co-pilot.

here is the track. sorry it's hard to see. what is outlined in yellow is the route we took.

overall i had a lot of fun. i've done an autocross before and this was pretty similar.

there were a few things i didnt like.

1) all cars were automatic with paddle shifters. i would have much preferred driving an actual manual. to be honest i've only driven an automatic a handful of times in my life and i'm not too great with the paddleshifters. it wasnt a deal breaker but it was kind of a letdown.

2) the instructor was telling me at what RPM to shift at. i wanted to get the car up in the higher RPMs but i didnt have the chance to.

3) something like this would have probably been more fun in my own car. driving a 100,000$ car is kind of nerve wrecking especially if you are not familiar with the car and dont know the ins and outs of it.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds fun. I think that will be something to check out if we ever make it back to disney.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I was sold, but really - they make you shift early??

Congrats though, sounds like an overall great time!
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Cool stuff!
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like you had a good time
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    That does sound pretty cool! Why the 997 over the 458 though?
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

This sounds ridiculously fun!! I'm already sold!! ...except for the "early shift" strategy here...
    Also, just to confirm, this is in (or near) the Orlando Disney World?

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Sounds very cool. Several years ago I did the NASCAR ride at Pocono Raceway. The track is a triangle, and after a similar sounding intro course we were given a ride around with the pro driving (my guy was Jimmy Johnson ... famous name, different guy), then we were allowed to fly solo. A pro was in the lead car and then he was followed by two cars with us paying customers. If we kept up he sped up, if we didn't he slowed. Though not a NASCAR fan, it was a blast. Hit over 160 on the long side and it was amazing taking the banked corners at triple digits - the trick was trusting the car to grip, which they did amazingly well. I would love to do it again, but more than that I want to try my hand at a road course some time.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    That does sound pretty cool! Why the 997 over the 458 though?
    Well it was a Christmas present from my parents and I wanted to choose the most affordable one. I would've been happy with any of them lol

Quote Originally Posted by msharp View Post
    This sounds ridiculously fun!! I'm already sold!! ...except for the "early shift" strategy here...
    Also, just to confirm, this is in (or near) the Orlando Disney World?
    It's on Disney property but its not at actual disney world. You actually have to go through the Disney parking plaza and then go to the raceway

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Well it was a Christmas present from my parents and I wanted to choose the most affordable one. I would've been happy with any of them lol
    Makes sense! I guess I skipped over the price part in the first post
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

I would have taken the 458 and not listened to when the instructor told me to shift and just gone balls to the wall. You have a large margin of error on a track. Then again I have track experience and that teaches you a lot about cars.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Agreed on the 458, but i completely understand your reasoning, any time its a gift its best to be modest with your choice. the 458 is just so damn sexy
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Hmmm...it would be a choice to make, given that I <3 the Porsche's..but the odds that I might be able to some day get behind the wheel of a 997 are a deal higher than a 458, so I'd have to think that one out.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon