WRC Monte Carlo Jan17-22 talk/results ** - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRC Monte Carlo Jan17-22 talk/results ** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Saturday wrap: Sebastien Loeb is one stage away from winning Rallye Monte-Carlo for a sixth time after he completed the ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Saturday wrap:

Sebastien Loeb is one stage away from winning Rallye Monte-Carlo for a sixth time after he completed the penultimate day of the FIA World Rally Championship powered by Nokia season-opener leading by 2m41.6s.

Loeb, in a Citroen DS3 WRC, started the penultimate day’s stages in the mountains above Monaco intent on avoiding taking any risks in order to preserve his commanding advantage. He failed to set a fastest stage time alongside his Monegasque co-driver Daniel Elena as a result but was nevertheless highly satisfied at the end of day four.

“We have one small stage tomorrow but at the moment it has been great and really fantastic to drive those stages with an atmosphere like that,” said Loeb. “It’s a real pleasure for me to be here and leading the rally right now.”

With Loeb continuing to dominate out front, the battle for the final podium places has taken centre stage today. Dani Sordo continues to hold second in his MINI John Cooper Works WRC but Petter Solberg has closed to within 19.1s of the Spaniard in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC after winning three of Saturday’s four stages.

“Everything is so nice and easy and I am really enjoying this rally,” said Solberg. “Being back in a factory team is great, I’ve been made to feel so welcome.”

Sordo added: “Petter was pushing hard but I think the gap is now too much for him. To finish second is really important because we can show Prodrive and MINI can do a really good job.”

read more: wrc.com/news/saturday-wrap

Overall after SS17

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Sunday

SS18: Power Stage glory for Loeb

Stage data: SS18, Ste Agnes-Col de la Madone (5.16 kilometres)

Event winner Sebastien Loeb has secured maximum World Rally Championship points on Rallye Monte-Carlo by securing three bonus points with victory on the event-closing Power Stage in his Citroen DS3 WRC.

Loeb took 3m27.8s to complete the challenging stage with team-mate Mikko Hirvonen second fastest, 1.2s slower than Loeb, to bag two bonus points. M-Sport Ford Fiesta driver Evgeny Novikov rounded out at an impressive Rallye Monte-Carlo debut with his first Power Stage point in third.

Ford driver Petter Solberg’s outright pace was restricted having to run three used winter tyres and one winter tyre. Nevertheless he made it through to secure third overall.

Pierre Campana completed the tight and twisty test, held in dry and mild conditions, with a small powersteering problem on his factory MINI. He was ninth fastest as a result, 10.1s down on Loeb.

Czech Martin Prokop fended off MINI privateer Armindo Araujo in the battle for ninth place overall in his Fiesta by going three seconds faster than the Portuguese through the stage. Prokop was fifth quickest, 4.4s adrift of stage winner Loeb’s pace.

click: wrc.com/news/monte ss18

SS18 PS Stage Time/Splits

--------------------

Loeb wins Rallye Monte-Carlo

Sebastien Loeb has won Rallye Monte-Carlo for a sixth time following a dominant performance behind the wheel of the Citroen DS3 WRC he shares with Monegasque co-driver Daniel Elena.

Loeb began the final day of the World Rally Championship qualifier, which consisted of one test, the 5.16-kilometre Power Stage, with a lead of 2m41.6s. After completing the challenging run unscathed, victory was all but assured.

Dani Sordo won an exciting battle for second in his MINI John Cooper Works WRC, the marque’s first podium on the legendary event since Rauno Aaltonen took the overall victory in 1967 in a Cooper S.

Petter Solberg bagged the final podium spot on his return to the factory Ford team after an absence of more than a decade.

--------------------

Sunday wrap:

Sebastien Loeb has won Rallye Monte-Carlo for a sixth time following a dominant performance behind the wheel of the Citroen DS3 WRC he shares with Monegasque co-driver Daniel Elena.

By claiming 25 points for victory plus three bonus points for winning the event-closing Power Stage, Loeb leaves the Principality with a maximum score in his bid to win the FIA World Rally Championship powered by Nokia for a ninth time.

Loeb, from the Alsace region of France, began the final day of the WRC qualifier, which consisted of one test, the 5.16-kilometre Power Stage, with a lead of 2m41.6s. After completing the challenging run unscathed, victory was all but assured.

“For sure it’s always a great moment to start the season like this especially in front of so many fans,” Loeb told World Rally Radio. “Full points in the first race is incredible and for sure it’s the perfect start [to my title defence]. But Monte-Carlo is my rally and for the others we will have to see.”

Dani Sordo finished second in his MINI John Cooper Works WRC, the marque’s first podium on the legendary event since Rauno Aaltonen took the overall victory in 1967 in a Cooper S. Petter Solberg, in a Fiesta RS WRC, bagged the final podium spot on his return to the factory Ford team after an absence of more than a decade. It was the Norwegian’s first Monte-Carlo podium.

Mikko Hirvonen marked his debut for the works Citroen squad in fourth with Evgeny Novikov impressing throughout to take fifth in his M-Sport Fiesta, which equals his best finish in the WRC to date. The Russian completed his Monte-Carlo debut by claiming the final Power Stage point.

read more: wrc.com/news/sunday-wrap

Overall as of SS18

-------------------

Next Round: WRC Sweden - Feb 9-12

Official site: rallysweden.com

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SWRC joy for Breen

Craig Breen capitalised on the 500,000 Euros career development scholarship he earned for winning the inaugural FIA WRC Academy Cup in 2011 by claiming victory on the opening event of the Super 2000 World Rally Championship season.

Breen had trailed PG Andersson from Wednesday’s opening test but moved in front on the penultimate day when the Swede’s PROTON suffered an under-bonnet fire caused by a fuel leak, leaving the way clear for the Irishman to claim his maiden success in the WRC support category.

“I’m very, very happy,” said Breen, whose Ford Fiesta S2000 was co-driven by Briton Gareth Roberts. “We came here with the aim of getting as much experience as possible and get to the finish without making mistakes. Taking home the maximum 25 points on the first event is a fantastic way to start to the season but I’m not going to kid myself and celebrate too hard because PG had a big lead when he retired and I was the last man standing.”

There was also a first-time victory in the Production Car World Rally Championship when Pole Michal Kosciuszko brought home his Mitsubishi Lancer in a commanding first place over class rookie Louise Cook.

“It’s 25 points and that’s the important thing for us, nothing else matters,” said Kosciuszko. “I’m happy to be at finish after a very difficult and tricky rally. I know there will be more fighting during the season but it was important to be more clever here and to drive with my head, not with my heart.”

click: wrc.com/news/swrc-joy-for-breen

congrats to SWRC and PWRC winners and to rookie louise cook
    "All We'll Drive"

As always, thanks for all the info!
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.