Dakar Rally 2012

This is a discussion on Dakar Rally 2012 within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dakar 2012 let out today! Any other followers out there? Feel free to comment here- always looking for some other ...

Arrow Dakar Rally 2012

Dakar 2012 let out today! Any other followers out there? Feel free to comment here- always looking for some other fans to watch with.

Sadly this year's race had a tragic start:

2012 Dakar Rally Starts Tragically With the Death of Jorge Boero

Que descanse en paz.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    subie doobie, thanks for posting , a real shame about the death of the argentinian rider.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    subie doobie, thanks for posting , a real shame about the death of the argentinian rider.
    Anytime! I'll keep posting stage highlights as they come up. Found better videos today for stage 2 (see below). And it is sad about Boero, my dad was a big fan of his dad. Real shame he never reached goal of winning the Dakar..

Dakar 2012 Stage 2 highlights - Part 1

Dakar 2012 Stage 2 highlights - Part 2
    Last edited by Subie Doobie; 01-03-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Link update

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Dakar legend Stephane Peterhansel took the lead of this year's rally after its fourth stage, but only after a long delay for 2011 victor and long-time stage leader Nasser Al-Attiyah.

Frenchman Peterhansel, a winner of the Dakar Rally on two and four wheels, started the day in fifth place, 2m41s off the lead.

That small deficit became a healthy lead of just over five minutes by the end of the fourth stage for the X-raid team leader, with Orlando Terranova the only driver to get within six minutes of his time.

His victory owed as much to his own pace as it did to a long stop for Al-Attiyah however, the Qatari driver having taken the lead of the rally shortly after passing the first checkpoint.

Al-Attiyah continued to extend his advantage at the front until hitting trouble just 40km from the end. He was delayed for around 15 minutes, but managed to get his Hummer back underway shortly after the sister car of team boss Robby Gordon - who suffered a string of mishaps - pulled alongside.

Al-Attiyah was still able to set the seventh best time of the day, but a deficit of 6m34s grew to more than 30m by the stage's conclusion.

Gordon meanwhile dropped from second to fifth, sacrificing more than 17 minutes to Peterhansel.

click: autosport.com/news/96888

--------------

Official Dakar 2012 site: dakar.com/
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 01-04-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Krzyzstof Holowczyc slashed the gap to Dakar Rally leader Stephane Peterhansel by winning the fifth stage of the event on Thursday.

The X-raid Mini driver completed the 110-mile timed section of the stage from Chilecito to Fiambala - shortened by 30 miles due to overnight rain making a section of the route impassable by car - in 2h10m51, almost four minutes faster than his team-mate Peterhansel.

After losing the rally lead to the Frenchman and dropping to fourth place overall on Wednesday, Holowczyc's stage victory - his first of the 2012 event - hauled him back up to second; halving the gap to the X-raid team leader from over eight minutes to just 4m18s in the process.

The Polish driver's cause was helped by overnight second place man Giniel de Villiers coming to a halt 45 miles into the stage and losing almost 20 minutes to his rivals. The delay dropped the 2009 Dakar winner to fifth place.

read more: autosport.com/news//96897

"All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    Dakar highlights are being aired on NBC Sports
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

So dakar finished and what do you think about winners?