WRC France Sept29-Oct2 talk/results spoiler** - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRC France Sept29-Oct2 talk/results spoiler** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; SS21: Ogier fast, Latvala faster Sebastien Ogier has extended his advantage on Rallye de France Alsace after he went one ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS21: Ogier fast, Latvala faster

Sebastien Ogier has extended his advantage on Rallye de France Alsace after he went one second faster than rival Dani Sordo on the repeat of the mixed-surface Graviere de Bischwiller run.

With two stages remaining Citroen driver Ogier is 5.9s ahead of MINI ace Sordo as the battle for victory intensifies.

“There was no fog this time and not so much cleaning on the gravel,” said Ogier.

Sordo added: “I went a little bit off line in the gravel part and lost a little bit of time. It’s okay, I will do my best but now it will be difficult because of the tyres.”

Click: wrc.com/france ss21

--------------------------

Injured crews on road to recovery

Red Bull Skoda team boss Raimund Baumschlager says navigator Kathi Wuestenhagen had a lucky escape when she and driver Hermann Gassner Jr crashed out of Rally de France Alsace on Saturday’s opening stage.

Wuestenhagen [pictured above] suffered a broken rib and pelvis when the Skoda she was co-driving crashed into a tree in fourth gear. Gassner Jr was uninjured.

Baumschlager confirmed Wuestenhagen would remain in hospital in France for three more days before returning to her native Germany. The Austrian added he wasn’t sure how long her recovery would take.

Co-driver Carlos Magalhaes was detained in hospital overnight after the Brazil World Rally Team MINI John Cooper Works WRC he was sharing with Daniel Oliveira crashed heavily on Saturday. The Portuguese is understood to have sustained rib injuries but is due to be released from hospital today.

“We went off the road and crashed,” said Oliveira. “We were taken to hospital just for a general check-up.”

WRC Academy newcomer Ashley Haigh-Smith, from South Africa, suffered a fractured shoulder and collarbone in a heavy accident on the second stage of the event. British co-driver James Aldridge suffered minor injuries and was discharged from hospital on Saturday afternoon.

Click: wrc.com/injured crews

------------------------

SS22: Ogier and Latvala equal quickest

The close nature of Rallye de France Alsace has been further underlined after Sebastien Ogier and Jari-Matti Latvala both completed the penultimate stage in a time of 5m50.3s.

Ogier’s performance in his Citroen DS3 WRC means he extends his advantage at the top of the leaderboard to 6.7s over MINI John Cooper Works WRC driver Dani Sordo with one stage remaining. For Latvala, his stage time was further confirmation of the pace of Ford’s Fiesta RS WRC on asphalt.

“It was okay, I did the job I needed to,” said Ogier. “Now I need to have a good last stage.”

Sordo was 0.8s off the pace. He said: “It’s normal with the [soft compound] tyres, it’s really hot with the temperatures. At the end of the stage the car is moving a little bit.”

Petter Solberg remains in third overall in his privateer Citroen although Latvala is now 11.5s behind the Norwegian.

Click: wrc.com/france ss22

SS23: Power Story glory for Latvala

Jari-Matti Latvala has won the Rallye de France Alsace Power Stage, the first time he has triumphed on one of the live television spectaculars this season.

Latvala, who began the run with a two-minute time penalty for checking in early at the pre-stage regroup to promote factory Ford team-mate and title chaser Mikko Hirvonen into fourth overall, was 2.1s faster than Dani Sordo, who claimed the first Power Stage points for the works MINI squad.

French star Sebastien Ogier secured his maiden world championship victory on home soil in his Citroen in third place with Hirvonen fourth quickest, 2.5s slower than Latvala, despite reporting making a small mistake in his Fiesta.

Mads Ostberg lost time when he damaged the front-right tyre on his M-Sport Stobart Fiesta early in the stage. As a result the Norwegian had to adopt a cautious approach to make it to the end of the test.

Click: wrc.com/france ss23

Ogier wins

Sebastien Ogier, in a Citroen DS3 WRC, has won Rallye de France Alsace for the first time following a nail-biting finish to the world championship qualifier near Strasbourg this afternoon.

Ogier fended off the MINI John Cooper Works WRC of Spaniard Dani Sordo on the event-closing Power Stage in Sebastien Loeb’s hometown of Haguenau. The seven time-world champion wasn’t in action following his retirement on Friday morning when his factory Citroen suffered a rare engine failure.

Victory for Ogier and co-driver Julien Ingrassia marked their fifth triumph of 2011 following wins in Portugal, Jordan, Greece and Germany earlier in the campaign. The result also puts Ogier back into contention for the drivers’ world title with two events remaining.

Petter Solberg, in a privateer Citroen, finished third with Mikko Hirvonen the first factory Ford driver home in fourth to maintain his championship bid.

Click: wrc.com/Ogier wins

also Congratulations to Ken/Alex and MWRT on finishing 9th

Last edited by Weasel 555; 10-02-2011 at 06:54 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    WRC wrap

The battle for the 2011 World Rally Championship is set to go down to the final round in Great Britain next month after a dramatic conclusion to Rallye de France Alsace today left the leading trio of drivers covered by three points.

French ace Sebastien Ogier, in a factory Citroen DS3 WRC, made the most of team-mate and championship leader Sebastien Loeb’s Friday exit to claim his first victory on home soil. In doing so the 27-year-old slashed Loeb’s title advantage to three points, courtesy of the 25 points he secured for winning the rally and the solitary point he landed for going third quickest on the event-closing Power Stage through Loeb’s hometown of Haguenau.

Mikko Hirvonen, who finished fourth for the works Ford team, is equal on points with Ogier to make it a three-way battle for championship honours.

“It’s a very good feeling,” said Ogier. “It was difficult at the end because there was a lot of pressure after the problem for Seb [Loeb]. It’s very important for the championship but now I must do two good rallies.”

While Ogier shone on his way to his fifth win of 2011, Dani Sordo also starred by finishing second in his MINI John Cooper Works WRC alongside co-driver Carlos del Barrio to make it two podiums from four appearances for the emerging manufacturer.

.........Dennis Kuipers claimed the best finish by a Dutch driver on a WRC event in sixth overall. The highlight for the FERM Power Tools World Rally Team Fiesta driver was undoubtedly the second fastest time he set through Sunday’s first stage.

.........Monster World Rally Team’s Ken Block overcame a seven-second deficit at the start of day three to move ahead of Pierre Campana’s Equipe de France FFSA MINI. In doing so the American scored his first drivers’ championship points of the season.

Read More: wrc.com/WRC Wrap

Ott Tanak will start the final round of the Super 2000 World Rally Championship in Spain later this month just three points behind leader Juho Hanninen following his second win in a row and his third victory of the season in the WRC support class.

Tanak was clear in front from the moment Hanninen dropped out of contention with a puncture on stage three. Although Hanninen fought back to second, an accident on day two forced him to restart Rallye de France Alsace under SupeRally rules on Sunday. He recovered to fifth.

“There is one race to go and for sure it will be a big battle,” said the Estonian, who was co-driven to victory in his MM Motorsport Ford Fiesta S2000 by countryman Kuldar Sikk. “Maybe this battle was not that big because it ended on stage three. I have a nice feeling now on Tarmac and for sure we will fight for everything in Spain. I had a spin yesterday but otherwise it was okay.”

Red Bull Skoda driver Hanninen, whose last SWRC victory was on home soil in Finland back in July, said: “I made a very stupid mistake and have made it more difficult for Spain now. But at least it’s still in my own hands.”

Read More: wrc.com/SWRC Wrap

-----------------------

Hirvonen praises Latvala

Mikko Hirvonen has paid tribute to factory Ford team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala after his fellow Finn ceded position on the second event in a row to boost Hirvonen's dream of becoming world champion for the first time.

Hirvonen had struggled to make an impact on the Strasbourg event following his off-road moment on stage three. He started the final day trailing Latvala [pictured above] by almost 1m25s in fifth place but moved into fourth when Latvala deliberately picked up a two-minute time penalty to fall behind Hirvonen. The 12 points Hirvonen scored means he is three points behind Sebastien Loeb with two rounds remaining.

“I owe Jari-Matti a big thank you,” said Hirvonen. “Again he proved what a superb team player he is. There’s no more room for error over the final two rounds and it should be a great end to the championship.”

Latvala was fastest on five of Sunday’s six stages and set the pace on the rally-closing Power Stage for the first time to six three bonus points in his Abu Dhabi-backed Ford Fiesta WRC RS.

“It was my best performance on asphalt,” said Latvala. “I made some mistakes and I wasn’t consistent enough, so I still I need to sustain pace and consistency for the whole rally, but it’s just about fine-tuning.”

Ford team boss Malcolm Wilson said: “We didn’t get the result we wanted, but the real positive was Jari-Matti’s performance. We made some set-up changes after Germany, which gave him confidence and he won seven stages. We leave here with Mikko just three points from the lead, and the title race is wide open again.”

Click: wrc.com/hirvonen praises latvala

Driver Standings after France: (updated due to Petters exclusion)

---------------------------

Next Rnd 12: RACC Rally of Spain 20-23 Oct

Official Website: rallyracc.com/2011/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 10-16-2011 at 06:02 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Petter Solberg has been stripped of his third place on Rallye de France and excluded from the results altogether after his Citroen DS3 was found to be under the regulation minimum weight for a World Rally Car.

Event Stewards, including former World Champion co-driver Robert Reid, made the decision this evening after considering a report from the FIA technical delegate following a weight check carried out after the event closing Haguenau Power Stage.

Petter’s car, run by Citroen’s semi-works PH Sport outfit, was weighed three times and on each occasion registered 1196kg, four kilogrammes under the regulation minimum 1200kg.

Representatives of the Petter Solberg team were given the opportunity to explain the discrepancy but after deliberation the Stewards decided to exclude the car from the results.

Solberg’s team elected not to appeal the decision, which means all the drivers that finished behind Petter in the classification move up one place. The most significant beneficiary is Ford team leader Mikko Hirvonen, who collects three extra drivers’ championship points and pulls level at the top of the table with his championship rival Sebastien Loeb.

A representative of the Petter Solberg team declined to comment on the exclusion.

Click: wrc.com/petter excluded !
    "All We'll Drive"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.