WRC Germany Aug 18-21 talk results spoiler**

This is a discussion on WRC Germany Aug 18-21 talk results spoiler** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Next Rnd 9 WRC ADAC Germany 18 - 21 Aug 11 Rallye Deutschland has the honour of being the first ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool WRC Germany Aug 18-21 talk results spoiler**

Next Rnd 9 WRC ADAC Germany 18 - 21 Aug 11

Rallye Deutschland has the honour of being the first world championship event of the 2011 season to take place on asphalt, although it’s an asphalt rally like no other with all three days of the event held on different types of sealed surfaces.

Based in the historic city of Trier in Germany’s wine-producing Mosel region, the event was the longest on last season’s schedule in terms of competitive distance. As in the previous seven editions, Sebastien Loeb took the honours in dominant fashion.

Loeb, world rally champion on seven occasions, points to the need to maintain an extremely high level of concentration as the secret behind his success, particularly in the Baumholder military training area, where giant boulders, known as hinkelsteins, line the route.

Official Website: rallye-deutschland.de/

Preview: wrc.com/germany preview

WRC Radio: wrc.com/fanzone/world-rally-radio/

--------------------------------

Huge Entry

More than 80 crews will contest ADAC Rallye Deutschland next week, the first all-asphalt event of the 2011 World Rally Championship season.

Twenty new-generation World Rally Cars appear on the exciting entry with 10 runners in contention for Super 2000 World Rally Championship points and 16 FIA WRC Academy rising stars also in action on the Trier-based event.

Read More: wrc.com/huge entry

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Sébastien Ogier (Citroen) was fastest in the shakedown test on Thursday.

Shakedown results

Sébastien Ogier 3.36,3
    Sébastien Loeb 3.37,7
    Mikko Hirvonen 3.37,7
    Jari-Matti Latvala 3.37,9
    Petter Solberg 3.38,6
    Henning Solberg 3.38,7
    Mads Ostberg 3.39,0
    Kris Meeke 3.39,1
    Kimi Räikkönen 3.39,3
    Daniel Sordo 3.40,1
    Armindo Araujo 3.42,0
    Patrik Flodin 3.43,5
    Matthew Wilson 3.43,7
    Dennis Kuipers 3.44,1
    Peter van Merksteijn 3.46,4
    Aaron Burkart 3.47,5
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Sebastien Ogier says he's refusing to get carried away after setting the fastest time in shakedown for ADAC Rallye Deutschland earlier today.

The 27-year-old was 1.4s faster than factory Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb, who has won the event on the last eight occasions.

Despite his pace in shakedown, Ogier says there is no guarantee that he’ll be able to translate it into fastest stage times when the event gets underway with the first of 19 special stages on Friday morning.

“The feeling was very good with the car but this result means nothing because it’s only the shakedown - the real rally starts tomorrow,” said Ogier.

Loeb, who was second fastest, said his Citroen DS3 was “a bit nervous” on the 4.09-kilometre test. “We were driving with the hard tyres only,” said Loeb. “We were happy but the Ford was quite impressive - [Mikko] Hirvonen was faster than me for a while.”

Hirvonen, in a works Ford Fiesta RS WRC, equalled Loeb’s best time on his fifth run through the practice course. “The car feels good and handles well,” said the Finn. “We went a bit softer with the springs this morning. We’ll push hard tomorrow.”

Jari-Matti Latvala, in the second works Fiesta, was 0.2s slower than Loeb and Hirvonen in fourth, despite losing time with a handbrake cylinder failure, which occurred on his second run.

Petter Solberg was fifth quickest in his privateer DS3 WRC with older brother Henning Solberg sixth in the lead M-Sport Stobart Fiesta.

Kris Meeke was eighth at the wheel of his factory MINI John Cooper Works WRC, one place ahead of ex-Formula One world champion Kimi Raikkonen. The Briton’s only concern occurred on his third run when he punctured both of his left-hand side tyres taking a ‘cut’ through a corner.

“It wakes you up a bit when that happens,” said Meeke. “You have to remember it’s a performance tyre and not completely puncture proof. But the set-up of the car was good and I’m comfortable with the car.”

Dani Sordo completed the top 10 in the second MINI WRC. He said: “Shakedown was good but there is still more we need to improve, we tried a few things with the springs, it was not bad.”

German Christian Riedemann, making his debut in one of two Volkswagen Motorsport Skoda Fabia S2000s, suffered a setback when he crashed into a field.

Here are the top 10 times from the Shakedown session:

1. OGIER. Citroen DS3 WRC. 3:36.3
    =2. LOEB. Citroen DS3 WRC. 3:37.7
    =2. HIRVONEN. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 3:37.7
    4. LATVALA. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 3:37.9
    5. P. SOLBERG. Citroen DS3 WRC. 3:38.6
    6. H. SOLBERG. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 3:38.7
    7. OSTBERG. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 3:39.0
    8. MEEKE. MINI John Cooper Works WRC. 3.39.1
    9. RAIKKONEN. Citroen DS3 WRC. 3:39.3
    10. SORDO. MINI John Cooper Works WRC. 3.40.1

Click: wrc.com/germany shakedown

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 1

SS1: Latvala sets early pace

Jari-Matti Latvala has made a sensational start to ADAC Rallye Deutschland - the first asphalt event of the World Rally Championship season - by setting the fastest time on stage one, Ruwertal/Fell.

Driving a Ford Fiesta RS WRC, Latvala was 1.5s faster than factory Citroen pilot Sebastien Ogier, who reported hitting an obstacle towards the end of the stage in his DS3 WRC.

“It was a surprisingly good start,” said Latvala. “I was pushing hard and was close to going off. The car was too soft in some places.”

Although the stage was held in dry conditions, Citroen pairing Ogier and Sebastien Loeb opted for a mixture of soft and hard compound Michelin tyres. The soft version is designed for use in wet or damp conditions with Citroen opting for more soft covers in the belief rain will fall on the next two runs.

As a result Loeb, unbeaten in Germany since the country joined the world championship in 2002, wasn’t entirely satisfied after completing the opening stage with the third fastest time: “It was tricky but there was no mistake,” he said. “It was not easy to take the rhythm but I am okay.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss1

--------------------------

SS2: Ogier on top

Sebastien Ogier has moved into the lead of ADAC Rallye Deutschland after topping the times on the event’s second stage, which took place in increasingly wet conditions.

“It’s a good start for us,” said the Citroen DS3 WRC ace, whose lead is 1.3s over team-mate Sebastien Loeb. “We did a small mistake on the first one but luckily no big damage. We had a good choice of tyre this morning. The start of this stage was a bit dry but in the end it was very wet.”

Like Ogier Loeb opted to use soft compound tyres on his Citroen. After setting the second fastest time Loeb said: “We were not 100 per cent sure what the weather would do but we were not thinking it would be dry. But even with the soft compound tyre it is difficult because there is a lot of water in the stage.”

Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver Mikko Hirvonen reported struggling by running on hard compound Michelin tyres, which are designed for use in dry conditions. “We were not expecting any rain really,” said the Finn, who is 31.2s behind second-placed Loeb. “It was all the way damp and in the end it was wet. But there is still a long way to go.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss2

SS3: Loeb takes lead

Normal service has resumed on ADAC Rallye Deutschland after Sebastien Loeb moved into the lead of the asphalt event, which he has won on the last eight occasions.

Loeb, whose advantage over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier is 4.4s, said: “I am quite surprised with the speed because it was full dry and we had the soft tyre in that stage. It was a risk with the tyre choice and I expected to lose some time in the stages where it was not raining. Finally I think we have done a good choice but we have a big race with Sebastien Ogier.”

Mikko Hirvonen was far from happy at the end of the stage in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC, despite going faster than Ogier. “I think the rear roll bar is broken, it feels really funny,” he said.

Asked to explain his time loss in comparison to Loeb, Ogier said: “I think I had a bad tyre choice on this one, that’s why.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss3

Friday Midday

Sebastien Loeb's bid to make it nine wins on ADAC Rallye Deutschland is on course after he completed the opening loop of three stages with a lead of 4.4s over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier.

Ogier, driving a DS3 WRC, moved into top spot with the fastest time on stage two but had no answer to Loeb on stage three.

Both Citroen drivers opted to run with a greater number of soft compound tyres for the morning loop. While this restricted their pace on stage one, which was held in dry conditions, the choice proved ideal for stage two, which took place in increasingly wet conditions.

“It was a risk with the tyre choice and I expected to lose some time in the stages where it was not raining,” said Loeb, the world championship leader. “Finally I think we have done a good choice but we have a big race with Sebastien Ogier.”

Factory Ford Fiesta driver Jari-Matti Latvala led after stage one but his hard compound Michelin tyres offered insufficient grip for the rain-hit second stage. He suffered further delay when he picked up a right-rear puncture on stage three to the extent he’s more than two minutes adrift of first place.

Team-mate Mikko Hirvonen is third overall, one place ahead of the impressive Dani Sordo, who is a strong fourth in the first of six MINI John Cooper Works WRCs competing in Germany. Briton Kris Meeke is fifth in the second factory MINI.

.....Ken Block lost time with a puncture on stage one before knocking the alignment out on his Monster World Rally Team Fiesta when he ran wide and nudged a bank on stage two.

Read More: wrc.com/friday midday

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 1

SS1: Latvala sets early pace

Jari-Matti Latvala has made a sensational start to ADAC Rallye Deutschland - the first asphalt event of the World Rally Championship season - by setting the fastest time on stage one, Ruwertal/Fell.

Driving a Ford Fiesta RS WRC, Latvala was 1.5s faster than factory Citroen pilot Sebastien Ogier, who reported hitting an obstacle towards the end of the stage in his DS3 WRC.

“It was a surprisingly good start,” said Latvala. “I was pushing hard and was close to going off. The car was too soft in some places.”

Although the stage was held in dry conditions, Citroen pairing Ogier and Sebastien Loeb opted for a mixture of soft and hard compound Michelin tyres. The soft version is designed for use in wet or damp conditions with Citroen opting for more soft covers in the belief rain will fall on the next two runs.

As a result Loeb, unbeaten in Germany since the country joined the world championship in 2002, wasn’t entirely satisfied after completing the opening stage with the third fastest time: “It was tricky but there was no mistake,” he said. “It was not easy to take the rhythm but I am okay.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss1

SS2: Ogier on top

Sebastien Ogier has moved into the lead of ADAC Rallye Deutschland after topping the times on the event’s second stage, which took place in increasingly wet conditions.

“It’s a good start for us,” said the Citroen DS3 WRC ace, whose lead is 1.3s over team-mate Sebastien Loeb. “We did a small mistake on the first one but luckily no big damage. We had a good choice of tyre this morning. The start of this stage was a bit dry but in the end it was very wet.”

Like Ogier Loeb opted to use soft compound tyres on his Citroen. After setting the second fastest time Loeb said: “We were not 100 per cent sure what the weather would do but we were not thinking it would be dry. But even with the soft compound tyre it is difficult because there is a lot of water in the stage.”

Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver Mikko Hirvonen reported struggling by running on hard compound Michelin tyres, which are designed for use in dry conditions. “We were not expecting any rain really,” said the Finn, who is 31.2s behind second-placed Loeb. “It was all the way damp and in the end it was wet. But there is still a long way to go.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss2

SS3: Loeb takes lead

Normal service has resumed on ADAC Rallye Deutschland after Sebastien Loeb moved into the lead of the asphalt event, which he has won on the last eight occasions.

Loeb, whose advantage over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier is 4.4s, said: “I am quite surprised with the speed because it was full dry and we had the soft tyre in that stage. It was a risk with the tyre choice and I expected to lose some time in the stages where it was not raining. Finally I think we have done a good choice but we have a big race with Sebastien Ogier.”

Mikko Hirvonen was far from happy at the end of the stage in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC, despite going faster than Ogier. “I think the rear roll bar is broken, it feels really funny,” he said.

Asked to explain his time loss in comparison to Loeb, Ogier said: “I think I had a bad tyre choice on this one, that’s why.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss3

Friday Midday

Sebastien Loeb's bid to make it nine wins on ADAC Rallye Deutschland is on course after he completed the opening loop of three stages with a lead of 4.4s over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier.

Ogier, driving a DS3 WRC, moved into top spot with the fastest time on stage two but had no answer to Loeb on stage three.

Both Citroen drivers opted to run with a greater number of soft compound tyres for the morning loop. While this restricted their pace on stage one, which was held in dry conditions, the choice proved ideal for stage two, which took place in increasingly wet conditions.

“It was a risk with the tyre choice and I expected to lose some time in the stages where it was not raining,” said Loeb, the world championship leader. “Finally I think we have done a good choice but we have a big race with Sebastien Ogier.”

Factory Ford Fiesta driver Jari-Matti Latvala led after stage one but his hard compound Michelin tyres offered insufficient grip for the rain-hit second stage. He suffered further delay when he picked up a right-rear puncture on stage three to the extent he’s more than two minutes adrift of first place.

Team-mate Mikko Hirvonen is third overall, one place ahead of the impressive Dani Sordo, who is a strong fourth in the first of six MINI John Cooper Works WRCs competing in Germany. Briton Kris Meeke is fifth in the second factory MINI.

.....Ken Block lost time with a puncture on stage one before knocking the alignment out on his Monster World Rally Team Fiesta when he ran wide and nudged a bank on stage two.

Read More: wrc.com/friday midday

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS4: Ford drivers hit trouble !

Ford’s bid to make up lost ground on ADAC Rallye Deutschland has suffered a setback after Mikko Hirvonen and Jari-Matti Latvala both dropped time on the event’s fourth stage, the repeat of Ruwertal/Fell.

Hirvonen damaged his Ford Fiesta RS WRC’s suspension hitting a wall close to the start of the stage while an engine problem struck Latvala’s similar machine.

“It was my own mistake,” said Hirvonen. “I just went wide at the start of the stage, hit a wall and damaged the suspension.”

Latvala added: “We don’t know but it’s something related to the engine. Maybe three kilometres from the start it went onto three cylinders. Hopefully it’s just a spark plug. We have to carry on and see.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss4

-------------------------

SS5:

Sebastien Loeb has hit back in the battle for victory on ADAC Rallye Deutschland by winning the fifth stage of the asphalt event, round nine of the World Rally Championship.

Loeb’s lead over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier had shrunk to 0.9s after stage four when Loeb lost ground running over a dusty service. But the 37-year-old, who is chasing a ninth win in Germany, had no such problems on stage five.

“It was less dusty on this stage so I lost less time because there was a clean line,” said Loeb, whose lead over Ogier is now up to 5.6s.

Ogier said: “I have done some mistakes on this one, small ones but it has cost me some time. Second place is not our goal.”

Frantic repairs on the road section prior to stage five have kept Mikko Hirvonen in the fight for a podium finish in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC after he suffered suspension damage on the previous test. However, his team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala has been less fortunate having failed to cure the engine problem that struck his Fiesta on the previous test.

“It’s not right,” he said. “We don’t know what it is and we can’t do anything to it. We just need to carry on and get to the service.”

Petter Solberg survived a moment in his privateer DS3 WRC to set the fourth fastest time, one place ahead of the leading MINI John Cooper Works WRC of Dani Sordo.

Read: wrc.com/germany ss5

SS6: Loeb fastest again !

Sebastien Loeb has claimed his third stage victory on ADAC Rallye Deutschland by going fastest on the final stage of day one.

The Citroen driver was 1.8s quicker than team-mate Sebastien Ogier, which means he has extended his overall advantage to 7.4s.

“It’s been a good day for me and I have been pushing very, very hard because Ogier has been pushing everywhere,” said Loeb.

Ogier reported losing vital seconds when he nearly overshot two junctions. Nevertheless he was still 8.0s faster through the stage than Mikko Hirvonen in the leading factory Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

Citroen privateer Petter Solberg was fourth quickest with Dani Sordo and MINI John Cooper Works WRC team-mate Kris Meeke sharing the fifth fastest time. Meeke could have been faster had a minor engine glitch not caused him to spin at a junction and lose a handful of seconds nearing the end of the stage.

Hirvonen’s team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala suffered further woe when he picked up a right-rear puncture on his Fiesta. Mads Ostberg reported losing the brakes on his M-Sport Stobart Fiesta.

Armindo Araujo damaged a rear suspension arm striking a wall in his Motorsport Italia MINI. The Portuguese nevertheless made it to the finish of the test.

Read: wrc.com/germany ss6

End of Day 1 - Friday

Sebastien Loeb will begin day two of ADAC Rallye Deutschland with a lead of 7.4s over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier following an action-packed opening day of the first asphalt event of the World Rally Championship season.

Jari-Matti Latvala had got the rally off to a sensational start for the factory Ford team by winning the opening stage in his Fiesta RS WRC. However, he was one of several leading drivers to be caught out by running hard compound tyres on the rain-hit second stage where Loeb and Ogier were able to pull clear after selecting the optimal soft-compound version.

“It’s been a good day for me,” said Loeb, who is chasing his ninth victory on the Trier-based event. “I’ve been pushing very, very hard because Ogier has been pushing everywhere. It’s not easy to make a difference but I’m leading this evening and that’s the main thing. We have a big gap to the others, I am just fighting with Ogier so for the manufacturers’ championship it’s looking very good.”

Ogier, who momentarily led following the second stage of the event only to slip behind Loeb, said: “For sure I try to push to my limit, I have to progress on this surface. I am happy with my day because we’re going in the right direction. I know I am young and I can improve in the future.”

Read: wrc.com/end of day friday

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 2

SS7 : Latvala flies again

Jari-Matti Latvala has made a strong start to the second day of ADAC Rallye Deutschland by winning the first stage in the northern Saarland region at the wheel of his Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

Latvala began day two in a distant 15th overall following a fraught opening day, which included a loss of power and a brace of punctures. The fitting of replacement spark plugs, injection coils and fuel injectors at overnight service has restored his car to full working order although the Finn reported suffering a stomach upset.

“The car is working really well but I have some problems with my stomach,” said Latvala. “I felt sick overnight and was not feeling great but I felt quite okay on the first stage. I enjoyed the gravel section at the end and pushed it hard.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss7

SS8: Ogier underlines pace

Sebastien Ogier has narrowed Sebastien Loeb’s lead to 3.8s after winning the eighth stage of ADAC Rallye Deutschland.

With a commanding advantage to third-placed Mikko Hirvonen, there has been a suggestion that the Citroen team-mates will hold station. However, Ogier showed no sign of slowing down by setting a time 3.9s faster than world championship leader Loeb.

Ogier would not comment at the stage finish. When asked if team orders were being considered, Loeb said: “It’s the best thing to do in our situation - we are in front of everybody, we took no big risks.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss8

SS9: Puncture slows Solberg

Petter Solberg’s efforts to land a top five finish on ADAC Rallye Deutschland have suffered a setback after the Norwegian’s privateer Citroen DS3 WRC picked up a front puncture.

As a result, the 2003 world champion has slipped to sixth position 28.5s behind MINI John Cooper Works WRC driver Kris Meeke.

At the completion of day one’s stages, Solberg said: “This is the first Tarmac event with the new car. We are the fastest privateer and fighting with works cars.”

Sebastien Loeb has increased his lead over Sebastien Ogier to 7.1s by recording the fastest time through the 15.23-kilometre test. Ogier was second fastest with Mikko Hirvonen third quickest in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

Read: wrc.com/germany ss9

Saturday Midday

Sebastien Loeb's bid for a ninth ADAC Rallye Deutschland victory remains on target after he completed Saturday morning's loop of four stages with an advantage of 4.8s over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier.

With a comfortable margin over the chasing pack, Citroen chiefs have indicated their desire for Loeb and Ogier to hold position at the top of the leaderboard in order to ensure a dominant one-two finish.

Although Ogier narrowed Loeb’s advantage with a rapid time through stage eight, normal service resumed on the next run when Loeb pulled clear. But a rare mistake by the seven-time world champion on the Arena Panzerplatte test has narrowed the gap once more.

“We went straight in a junction,” said Loeb. “I think it would have been okay to brake but I didn’t try, instead of a hairpin left I went right. I lost a bit of time but there was no problem.”

Ogier said: “It was a normal morning, we had a good drive, the car still working well and it’s okay for us at the moment.”

But asked about the possibility of team orders being applied, Ogier added: “I have noting to say about that. I just try to improve my speed here. We are in the right direction and that is the most important.”

Read: wrc.com/saturday midday

Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-20-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS10 : Sordo/ Mini into 3rd

Dani Sordo has demoted Mikko Hirvonen for the final podium spot on ADAC Rallye Deutschland after the Ford driver suffered a right-rear puncture on the daunting Arena Panzerplatte test in the Baumholder military ranges.

The Spaniard has moved 32.9s ahead of his Finnish rival heading to midday service in Trier. “It’s okay,” said Sordo. “I was a little bit less concentrated in this stage because I started to follow the line [of Hirvonen] so maybe my time wasn’t the best.”

Hirvonen said: “We had nine kilometres to the finish but I have no idea where the puncture happened. Maybe there were some sharp edges in the Tarmac.”

A rare mistake by Sebastien Loeb ensured a fourth stage victory on ADAC Rallye Deutschland for his Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier. “We went straight in a junction,” said Loeb. “I think it would have been okay to brake but I didn’t try, instead of a hairpin left I went right. I lost a bit of time but there was no problem.”

Kris Meeke, in the second MINI, is 2.4s behind Hirvonen. He said: “I didn’t have a great stage and was braking a fraction too late everywhere. I’m not happy with my own time.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss10

note: ken/alex listed stage time as 64th on ss10 dont know what happened !! 43 K. BLOCK 25:48.6 +7.7 +5:53.3 ....overall they are 22nd.

SS11: Ogier still pushing

Sebastien Ogier might have been told to hold position behind Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb in the battle for victory on ADAC Rallye Deutschland but that hasn’t stopped him from claiming his fifth stage win.

Ogier was 3.5s faster than Loeb through the test to trim the world championship leader’s overall advantage to 1.3s. “It was a bit more easy on this stage than this morning because it was more clean,” said Ogier. “It was a good clean drive.”

Loeb, who was fourth quickest, said: “We are in a position where it is stupid to fight with a two-minute lead on the other drivers. We are driving through with no risks so it’s okay.”

Jari-Matti Latvala was disappointed not to have won this stage for a second time in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC. He was second fastest, 1.8s quicker than team-mate Mikko Hirvonen, who is attempting to reclaim the third place he lost to MINI’s Dani Sordo on stage 10.

Key moment:
    Ogier closes on Loeb despite imposition of team orders.

Read: wrc.com/germany ss11

Note: ken/alex overall 22nd ....22. 43 K. BLOCK M 2:21:42.4 +2:07.7 +13:52.5

SS12: Hirvonen closes in on Sordo

Mikko Hirvonen has edged closer to Dani Sordo in the battle for third position on ADAC Rallye Deutschland. The Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver, who was second fastest, is now 27.4s behind Sordo with two stages of day two remaining.

MINI driver Sordo said: “We lost a lot for now but I don’t know why. We don’t make any mistakes and everything feels well in the car.”

Kris Meeke was 3.5s quicker than team-mate Sordo. “It’s the first stage today that I haven’t made a mistake,” said Meeke. “It’s our third rally and the first time on Tarmac so I have to be quite encouraged. The exciting thing is there’s more to come.”

Out front, stage winner Sebastien Loeb’s lead over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier is now up to 3.4s after Ogier matched a target time set by his team in its efforts to ensure a one-two finish.

Read: wrc.com/germany ss12

note: ken/alex are still 22nd overall ...22. 43 K. BLOCK M 2:30:40.2 +2:03.1 +14:26.5

Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-20-2011 at 10:32 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS13: Sixth stage win for ace Loeb

Sebastien Loeb will begin Saturday’s final stage 3.8s clear of Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier after setting the pace through the repeat of the Birkenfelder Land test.

Loeb was 0.4s faster than Ogier to claim his sixth stage win of the world championship qualifier.

Ford’s Mikko Hirvonen has trimmed the gap to third-placed MINI Dani Sordo to 27.2s. Kris Meeke, in the second factory MINI, dropped time nearing the end of the stage following a puncture. Petter Solberg, in his privateer Citroen, also lost ground prior to the completion of the run after picking up a puncture.

Ex-Formula One world champion Kimi Raikkonen is now 1.0s behind Henning Solberg in the battle for eighth. Dennis Kuipers remains seventh after going fifth quickest.

Jari-Matti Latvala, in a works Fiesta, stopped in the stage to change a punctured tyre. Mads Ostberg was also delayed in his M-Sport Stobart Fiesta.

Read: wrc.com/germany ss13

Breaking News

Sebastien Loeb has lost the lead of Rallye Deutschland after collecting a left-hand front puncture on the repeated Panzerplatte stage.

Loeb dropped 1m 15s in the second half of the test and slipped 1m 11.3s behind his team-mate Sebastien Ogier to second in the overall standings.

Read: wrc.com/Loeb News !

End of Day 2
    SS14: Ogier snatches Lead

Loeb began today’s final stage 3.4s clear of Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier but has now dropped to second, 1m13.3s behind Ogier heading into Sunday’s final five stages after one of his Michelin covers failed.

“I think maybe in a straight we saw a few rocks on the road,” said Loeb. “We were taking it easy but what can we do?”

Ogier, who was under orders to hold station behind Loeb, said: “For sure I can’t be happy when my team-mate had a problem. It’s a good thing there is justice in the sport.”

Third-placed Dani Sordo has responded to Mikko Hirvonen’s threat by going second fastest, 3.4s slower than stage winner Ogier. The MINI driver’s margin over Ford pilot Hirvonen is now 33.1s.

“He think we can do a little bit better but not much,” said Sordo. “We need to push him and the car is improving all the time.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss14

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Saturday Wrap

Sebastien Ogier is five stages away from claiming a shock victory on ADAC Rallye Deutschland after he completed day two of the Tarmac event 1m13s in front of his Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb.

Loeb hasn’t been beaten in Germany since the country joined the world championship in 2002 but his run could be over after his front-left tyre punctured on Saturday’s final stage.

Ogier began Saturday’s first test 7.4s behind the seven-time world champion and still in the hunt for victory only to be informed that he would have to maintain position behind Loeb to ensure a one-two finish for the French make.

Although Citroen is still on course to occupy the top two positions at the finish in Trier on Sunday afternoon, Loeb’s drama represents a remarkable reversal of fortune for Ogier.

The 27-year-old was furious after being told to hold station having stated before the rally that beating Loeb in Germany was crucial to his bid to win the world title for the first time. He is now seemingly on course for his first WRC win on Tarmac and his fourth triumph of 2011.

“For sure I can’t be happy when my team-mate had a problem,” said Ogier. “It’s a good thing there is justice in the sport.”

Loeb was unsure what had caused his puncture. He said: “I think maybe in a straight we saw a few rocks on the road. We were taking it easy but what can we do?”

Behind the Citroens, Dani Sordo heads Mikko Hirvonen in the battle for third. Sordo, in a MINI John Cooper Works WRC, took the place when Hirvonen’s factory Ford Fiesta RS WRC picked up a right-rear puncture on stage 10.

Although Hirvonen was able to narrow Sordo’s advantage in the afternoon, a storming effort by the Spaniard on the day’s final stage means he starts day three 33.1s ahead of his rival in his bid to land MINI’s maiden WRC podium on only its third start in the series.

“I think we can do a little bit better but not much,” said Sordo. “We need to push him and the car is improving all the time.”

Read More: wrc.com/saturday wrap

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 3
    SS15: Hirvonen puts the pressure on

Dani Sordo says he has more in reserve in the battle for third place on ADAC Rallye Deutschland after Mikko Hirvonen cut his advantage to 26.7s.

Sordo is chasing the MINI WRC Team’s maiden podium finish in the world championship. He started Sunday’s final five stages 33.1s in front of his factory Ford rival.

“It’s okay, I’m happy with the car and the feeling is nice,” said Sordo. “I can push a bit more but I don’t have any [split times in] the car. I have take care with the tyres, we will see.”

Hirvonen, who was fastest through the stage, said: “It’s a good start, not really enough but I will try to keep the pressure on him. He’s been in this situation before so you never know.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss15

----------------------------

SS16: Solberg upto fifth

Citroen privateer Petter Solberg has moved ahead of Kris Meeke into fifth overall after the MINI driver went off the road into a vineyard as a result of what he described as an “optimistic” pace note.

“I kept the speed the whole way but it’s a long way to go and I have to keep on pushing,” said Solberg.

In the battle for third, Ford’s Mikko Hirvonen has sneaked closer to MINI’s Dani Sordo, despite almost going off the road in his Fiesta RS WRC. The battling aces are separated by 25.9s heading to service in Trier.

“I don’t take many risks to take care with the tyres,” said Sordo. “I know the Citroens are not pushing really hard but it’s okay.”

Hirvonen said: “I was so close to going off the road, I was leaning in the vineyards for a long, long time but I managed to get it back.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss16

SS17: Ogier plays safe

Sebastien Ogier continues to adopt a low-risk strategy as he bids to win ADAC Rallye Deutschland for the first time.

Ogier was 15.5s slower than Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb on the rain-hit test. As a result his lead has been trimmed to 45.8s with two stages remaining.

“It’s not easy but I’m absolutely taking no risks, it’s very slow driving,” said Ogier. “I can do it because I have a big gap.”

Loeb, who was fastest on the stage, said: “I’m pushing hard and feeling okay in the conditions. The only thing I can do is to put press on him but it might not be enough.”

Factory Ford ace Mikko Hirvonen has all but given up on catching MINI driver Dani Sordo in his pursuit of third place. “I tried in the beginning but couldn’t take time out of him,” said Hirvonen. “Then I overshot a junction.”

Sordo, who is 31.1s ahead of Hirvonen, said: “It’s nice to drive in this condition because you have to be really concentrated. But it’s difficult to take the limit. We changed the tyres and a little bit the set-up in service.”

Fifth-placed Citroen privateer Petter Solberg has grown his margin over Kris Meeke to 7.1s, despite going off briefly towards the end of the stage. “Nothing is enough on this rally,” said Solberg. “It’s the first time I’ve driven in the wet so I have to be happy with my performance.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss17

SS18: Despair for Meeke

Kris Meeke’s hopes of snatching fifth place from Petter Solberg on ADAC Rallye Deutschland are over after his MINI John Cooper Works WRC suffered a loss of power and stopped on the event’s penultimate stage.

Although the Northern Irishman is currently trying to rectify the fault - a suspected alternator issue - to ensure he reaches the rally finish in Trier this afternoon, he is set to drop down the leaderboard.

Solberg’s run through the test wasn’t problem-free either. The Citroen privateer, who started the test with a 7.1s lead over Meeke, said: “I went straight in a junction and lost a lot of seconds there. It was so slippery on the braking, we are trying. We can’t calm down even if we have a lead. The car is okay and we will try hard in the Power Stage but it will be difficult.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss18

Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-21-2011 at 06:32 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS19: Loeb takes Power Stage

Sebastien Loeb completed the three runs of the Circus Maximus Trier Power Stage, shown live on television around the world, with the fastest time at the wheel of his Citroen DS3 WRC.

His performance means he clinches three world championship bonus points to add to the 18 he secured for finishing second on ADAC Rallye Deutschland to team-mate Sebastien Ogier.

Ogier earned two bonus points with the second fastest time while Citroen privateer Petter Solberg clinched the final bonus point with the third best time through the city centre course - held in dry and sunny conditions - albeit by 0.444s over Ford’s Jari-Matti Latvala.

“It was easy to have punctures in this stage, we had to be careful in some places,” said Loeb, who was 2.0s faster than Ogier.

Kimi Raikkonen’s bid to win the SSS Circus Maximus Trier test for a second time ended when he clouted a kerb at the first corner and picked up a front-left puncture on his ICE 1 Racing Citroen.

“It happened when we went over the kerb,” said the ex-Formula One world champion. “Last year we drove over the kerb but it did not work now. I never have very good luck in Germany, that’s how it is.”

Read: wrc.com/germany ss19

Ogier Wins

Sebastien Ogier has claimed his first victory on a Tarmac-round of the World Rally Championship by winning ADAC Rallye Deutschland.

In doing so, the 27-year-old from France, who is co-driven by countryman Julien Ingrassia, has ended Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb’s run of eight-straight victories in Germany after the world champion dropped back with a puncture on Saturday’s final stage.

Ogier’s win, his fourth of 2011 and his sixth at world level, means Citroen moves ahead of Ford on the list of all-time WRC event winners with 78 victories. Citroen has won the last eight rounds of the world championship season.

Loeb had never been beaten in Germany since the country joined the world championship in 2002. He recovered to finish second, one place ahead of Dani Sordo who secured MINI’s maiden world championship podium following a strong display. Mikko Hirvonen was the leading Ford driver in fourth.

Read: wrc.com/ogier wins

SWRC Wrap

Ott Tanak's bid to overhaul Juho Hanninen for the Super 2000 World Rally Championship crown has been handed a huge boost after the Estonian claimed a dominant class victory on ADAC Rallye Deutschland.

With a commanding lead of more than four minutes starting the final day in Trier, Tanak knew that providing he avoided the mistakes and the pitfalls that had accounted for a number of his rivals then first place would be his.

The Ford Fiesta driver duly prevailed by a huge margin of 5m38.6s with Nasser Al-Attiyah second and Frigyes Turan completing a Fiesta top-three in third.

“It’s been a really good weekend with no mistakes from our side or the car,” said Tanak, whose MM Motorsport Fiesta was co-driven by Markko Martin. “It was our first event in a Super 2000 car on asphalt so that was really nice. I didn’t need to take any risks today and now it’s possible for the championship but we have to try.”

Tanak’s win means he has trimmed Hanninen’s overall championship lead to 18 points with three rounds remaining.

Read More: wrc.com/SWRC Wrap

WRC Academy Wrap
    Breen takes maiden win

Egon Kaur's run of success in the FIA WRC Academy Cup is over after Craig Breen claimed a dramatic maiden win in the young driver-training category on ADAC Rallye Deutschland, which was decided after the opening 14 stages.

Irishman Breen was embroiled in a close battle with Spaniard Yeray Lemes and prevailed by a mere 15.1s following a tense showdown on the Arena Panzerplatte stage this evening.

Breen began the 34.18-kilometre test 9.6s in front of Lemes. Having lost out on victory to Kaur on the last stage on the previous round in Finland, he was determined not to finish second again.

“That was absolutely incredible,” said Breen, part of the six-strong Pirelli Star Driver scheme, a joint initiative between the FIA, motorsport’s world governing body, and the Italian tyre firm to back young talent. “I was absolutely on the limit and I have to thank Yeray for pushing me that hard. There was no way I was going to be beaten again so I went on maximum attack.”

Read More: wrc.com/WRC Academy Wrap

Next: Rnd 10 , Rally Australia 08 - 11 Sep 11

The second edition of Rally Australia to take place away from the event’s spiritual home in Perth in the west will also mark the country’s return to the global series after it missed out on a slot in 2010.

Organisers have moved the event from the Northern Rivers area used in 2009 to the Coffs Coast region of New South Wales 300 kilometres away down the east coast and 500 kilometres north of Sydney.

....The rally will utilise remote servicing on all three days of competition and is set to include 750 kilometres of liaison with the permanent service park based at the Coffs Harbour Airport 10 kilometres away from the event’s headquarters in the Opal Cove Resort.

While the old Rally Australia was famed for its ball-bearing-style surfaces, the new incarnation of the event ran on a mixture of fast public roads and twisty sections in rainforests. The superspecial stage ran entirely on asphalt.

The roads of the Coffs Coast region have been used for rallies since the 1960s and have hosted a round of Australia’s national rally championship, which has produced two of the sport’s rising stars, Brendan Reeves and Molly Taylor, who will be contesting the new-for-2011 WRC Academy.

Official Website: rallyaustralia.com/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-21-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"