WRC Finland July 28-30 talk/results spoiler*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRC Finland July 28-30 talk/results spoiler* within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ------------------------- Next Rnd 8 : WRC Finland 28-30 July Sisu is a Finnish word that loosely translates into English as ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool WRC Finland July 28-30 talk/results spoiler*

-------------------------

Next Rnd 8 : WRC Finland 28-30 July

Sisu is a Finnish word that loosely translates into English as ‘having guts’. On the flat-out, tree-lined straights, endless yumps and blind crests of Neste Oil Rally Finland, drivers will need plenty of ‘sisu’ if they are to stand a chance of winning one of the World Rally Championship’s most famous events.

Known affectionately as the Finnish Grand Prix, the rally turns the student city of Jyvaskyla into a motorsport Mecca on the last weekend of July as fans converge in their tens of thousands to savour the dramatic action on the compacted gravel stages and lap up the party atmosphere.

Read More: wrc.com/preview_finland

Official Website: nesteoilrallyfinland.fi/en/

WRC Radio: wrc.com/fanzone/world-rally-radio/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-14-2011 at 05:18 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    The team's Facebook followers picked three designs which will adorn the Ford Fiesta RS World Rally Cars of Mikko Hirvonen, Jari-Matti Latvala and Khalid Al Qassimi during the eighth round of the FIA World Championship.

Fans logging onto the team's Facebook page were asked to 'like' their favourite roof artwork from three specially-commissioned designs for each driver on the theme 'the food that fuels you'. The winning designs will replace the traditional Ford logo as a one-off livery for the classic Rally Finland – the home event of both 2009 winner Hirvonen and 2010 victor Latvala.

"We had a tremendous response to what was a great opportunity for Ford's fans to influence the appearance of the team's rally cars for the first time," said Will May, Ford of Europe's motorsport marketing manager. "The winning designs are quirky, colourful and fun and I'm sure they will prove popular with the huge number of fans that traditionally give our team such great support in Finland."

Each driver was asked to identify the first thing they eat or drink in the morning that provides the fuel to kick-start their day. Latvala nominated coffee, Hirvonen selected porridge and Al Qassimi chose mountain honey from Abu Dhabi.

Click: m-sport.co.uk/news/727-fords-fans-fuel-food-designs-for-finnish-rally-fiestas

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    weren't they suppose to run their testing livery? That one looks so much better.

2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ^

Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team has introduced a stunning new black colour scheme to its Fiesta RS World Rally Car for this week's asphalt test in the in the Vosges Mountains in the Alsace region of France.

The car, Ford's challenger in the FIA World Rally Championship, carries the same design that it sported on the opening seven rounds of the series. However, the car's base colour is black throughout, with white branding on top for Ford and its partners.

To complete the appearance, drivers Jari-Matti Latvala and Miikka Anttila and team-mates Mikko Hirvonen and Jarmo Lehtinen will wear black racesuits.

"A combination of the colour scheme and the car in a lower asphalt-specification set-up brings a sexy, mean and moody look to the Fiesta RS WRC," explained Ford of Europe motorsport chief Gerard Quinn. "We mean business in the asphalt rounds during the second half of the WRC season and our car portrays that in this livery."

"Our Fiesta RS WRC test cars are traditionally all-white with limited branding. This was one of the potential liveries we discussed when finalising the colour scheme for our entry cars at the start of the season. We opted for the design seen during the first part of the year, but decided to give the car a new look for the test in France by displaying this livery," he added.

Quinn said the black design was initially for this week's test only, but could be used again during asphalt testing later in the year. He also emphasised that the livery displayed on the team's rally cars during the season so far would be retained for the remaining six rounds.

Vidoe of the Test: &#x202a;Testing in France&#x202c;&rlm; - YouTube

"All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, but there was "unofficial info" that because so many people liked the livery, Ford was considering this livery for Finland.
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    well mate ford ran the FB contest for the Finland liveries
    altho i agree and from what i know theres even a dedicated FB page for Ford to run the black livery for WRC GB
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    oh, GB then.

That thing will be covered in mud!!!
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Sebastien Loeb has set the fastest time in shakedown for Neste Oil Rally Finland, round eight of the 2011 World Rally Championship.

Driving a Citroen DS3 WRC, the French ace set a benchmark time of 1m35.7s through the 3.19-kilometre Ruuhimaki practice stage this morning.

“It’s important I score some points, that’s the main thing here,” said the seven-time world champion. “Whether this [time in shakedown] is a sign of things to come I do not know.”

Loeb’s Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier was second quickest with a time of 1m36.3s. Jari-Matti Latvala, the winner in Finland in 2010, was the leading Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver in third overall with a time of 1m36.6s.

Latvala and fellow factory Ford driver Mikko Hirvonen, who was eighth quickest, are among the favourites to win the gravel event this week. Despite being outpaced by the rival Citroen squad, Ford team boss Malcolm Wilson said the results of shakedown wouldn’t determine the outcome of the rally.

“We’re less than a second off Sebastien so that’s okay,” said Wilson. “Our drivers are really happy with the set-up they’ve got on their cars and didn’t need to do more runs or try and set faster times.”

Ex-Formula One world champion Kimi Raikkonen, who is starting his third Rally Finland, was seventh quickest in his ICE 1 Racing Citroen. The Finn completed six runs in shakedown and co-driver Kaj Lindstrom was satisfied with their performance. “Everything was okay, no problems and we had a good feeling,” he said.

Kris Meeke was 11th fastest in his MINI John Cooper Works WRC. After the shakedown his mechanics had to replace a broken windscreen, which a team representative confirmed had not hampered the Northern Irish ace’s progress.

Priority drivers are required to complete a minimum four runs of shakedown. Russian Evgeny Novikov, who missed out on a pre-event test, completed nine runs to fine-tune the set-up of his M-Sport Stobart-entered Fiesta. He was sixth quickest.

Norwegian Eyvind Brynildsen was the fastest Super 2000 World Rally Championship runner in his PS Engineering Skoda Fabia. Ukrainian driver Oleksandr Saliuk set the Production Car World Rally Championship pace at the wheel of a Mitsubishi Lancer.

Here are the top 10 times from the Shakedown session:

1. LOEB. Citroen DS3 WRC. 1:35.7
    2. OGIER. Citroen DS3 WRC. 1:36.3
    3. LATVALA. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 1:36.6
    4. P. SOLBERG. Citroen DS3 WRC. 1:36.8
    5. OSTBERG. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 1:36.9
    6. NOVIKOV. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 1:37.0
    7. RAIKKONEN. Citroen DS3 WRC. 1:37.1
    8. HIRVONEN. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 1:37.4
    9. WILSON. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 1:37.4
    =10. SORDO. MINI John Cooper Works WRC. 1.37.6
    =10. MEEKE. MINI John Cooper Works WRC. 1.37.6

Click: wrc.com/news/shakedown/finland

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 1

SS1: setback for Hirvonen in Finland

Mikko Hirvonen’s bid to win Neste Oil Rally Finland for a second time has suffered an early setback after he went off the road and struck a tree.

The Finn, who has said victory on his home rally is vital in his bid to win the world championship for the first time, reported brake and suspension damage at the end of the stage following the impact to the right rear of his car.

“We went into one left-hander and the engine died,” said Hirvonen, who was almost 40 seconds off the pace. “We went wide, hit a tree lost all the brakes. The suspension is also damaged.”

Hirvonen, currently second in the WRC drivers’ standings, has to nurse his damaged car through two more stages before he reaches the overnight service in Jyvaskyla.

Meanwhile Jari Ketomaa, making his debut in a Ford Fiesta RS WRC, caused a huge shock by setting the fastest time through the stage.

Read: wrc.com/finland ss1

--------------------------

SS2: Loeb wins stage

Sebastien Loeb has completed the second stage of Neste Oil Rally Finland with a lead of 1.7s over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier.

With the overall positions at the end of this stage being used to determine the running order for Friday, it means Loeb will run at the head of the field on day two.

“There was not so much cleaning on this stage,” said Loeb. “I made no mistakes but now I will see for tomorrow.”

Jari-Matti Latvala, in a factory Ford Fiesta, admitted dropping time to gain a more advantageous road position for day two. “I had a target time sent by the team and I slowed down at the end of the stage,” said the Finn.

Ford privateer Jari Ketomaa, the winner of the opening stage, also dropped time to avoid running at the head of the field on day two. He is currently in fourth in the overall classification 2.7s behind Loeb.

There was more despair for Mikko Hirvonen following his off-road moment on the previous stage. The Ford driver reported the right-rear wheel of his stricken Fiesta RS WRC jammed approximately five kilometres from the end of the stage, which caused a puncture. He is almost 1m30s adrift of first place.

Read: wrc.com/finland ss2

-----------------------

SS3: Loeb Fastest

Sebastien Loeb has claimed his second stage victory on Neste Oil Rally Finland after edging out Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier through Thursday’s closing test.

Loeb, in a Citroen DS3 WRC, was 1.1s quicker than Ogier with Citroen privateer Petter Solberg third fastest.

Solberg began the stage in seventh overall but his speed through the spectator stage means he will return to the overnight halt in Jyvaskyla in fifth overall behind the impressive Jari Ketomaa, who was sixth quickest on the stage.

Jari-Matti Latvala was the leading Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver in fourth with Mads Ostberg fifth and Henning Solberg seventh in their similar Fiestas.

Mikko Hirvonen brought his damaged Fiesta to the stage finish with only three working brakes following his stage one off. The local hero’s time was 33.7s slower than the standard set by Loeb, whose overnight advantage is 2.8s.

Click:wrc.com/finland ss3

Last edited by Weasel 555; 07-29-2011 at 05:02 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Friday Day 2
    SS4: Hirvonen fastest

Mikko Hirvonen’s bid to make up lost ground on Neste Oil Rally Finland has got off to the perfect start when he went fastest of all on Friday’s opening stage.

Driving a Ford Fiesta RS WRC, the Finn was 10.9s quicker than Sebastien Ogier with his Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb 0.1s further back.

“It was not the perfect drive because I was too cautious on the narrow part of the stage,” said Hirvonen, who lost more than two minutes on Thursday following his stage one off. “We’ll have to try to go faster on the next stage.”

In the battle for the overall victory, Ogier is now 2.7s behind Loeb. “It’s a good way but it’s not a lot,” said the Citroen DS3 WRC ace. “We didn’t take maximum risk on this one.”

Loeb said: “It’s very close between Ogier and me. We had a good driving through the stage, it’s a little humid but some [loose] gravel in the narrow part. I’m satisfied but it’s not easy.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss4

SS5: Loeb extends advantage

Sebastien Loeb has hit back in the battle for victory on Neste Oil Rally Finland by beating his Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier on Friday’s second stage.

Ogier had narrowed Loeb’s advantage on the previous run but had no answer to Loeb’s pace on the 8.90-kilometre Evo test after Loeb benefited from a slightly compacted road surface following overnight rain.

“I’m pushing very hard and being first on the road is not bad because the condition of the road is quite good,” said Loeb, who is now 4.9s in front of Ogier in the overall classification. “But the battle is very close,” he added.

Ogier said: “It maybe an advantage to be first. It’s okay because it’s not much to loose and the rally is very long. We try to do our best.”

Ford driver Jari-Matti Latvala admitted he is struggling to match the pace of the leading Citroens. The Finn is 11.3s adrift of the lead.

Read: wrc.com/finland ss5

SS6: Ogier closes on Loeb

Sebastien Ogier has cut Sebastien Loeb’s overall lead of Neste Oil Rally Finland to 2.8s at the completion of Friday morning’s opening trio of stages.

Loeb reported dropping time forging a line through the loose surface gravel on the stage, which he completed with the fourth fastest time. He said: “There was a lot of [loose] gravel in this one and we have no chance to make any difference. We are pushing very hard and I am on the limit everywhere. We just have to push.”

Ogier said: “We tried to push as much as we can but it’s not easy with some tricky places. We had to change the rhythm in some places. When you are faster than Sebastien it’s always good because it’s hard to beat him.”

Third-placed Jari-Matti Latvala was a mere 0.2s slower than Ogier in his works Fiesta. He said: “I pushed really hard and this was a better stage. My driving is getting in a better direction.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss6

Friday Midday Wrap

Sebastien Loeb has completed the opening three stages on day two of Neste Oil Rally Finland 2.8s clear of Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier.

With Ford’s Jari-Matti Latvala still firmly in contention 9.4s behind Loeb, a thrilling three-way fight for victory is in prospect on the world championship’s fastest rally.

Loeb, who heads the WRC drivers’ standings by 17 points, was second best to Ogier on Friday’s first test but hit back by beating his young rival on the very next stage. However, he was unable to avoid losing time on stage six due to the loose surface gravel he encountered running first on the road.

“I’m pushing very hard and I’m on the limit everywhere,” said Loeb. “It is the only way because it’s a big fight with Sebastien [Ogier].”

Latvala was frustrated after dropping time on stages four and five due to a lack of traction but was far happier with his run on stage six as he bids to win the high-speed rally for a second year in a row.

Read More: wrc.com/finland friday midday

Last edited by Weasel 555; 07-29-2011 at 05:04 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS7: Latvala Wins Stage

Sebastien Loeb’s lead of Neste Oil Rally Finland is down to 1.8s after he set a slower time than team-mate Sebastien Ogier through stage seven.

But Ogier wasn’t the only driver to make significant progress: Ford’s Jari-Matti Latvala was faster than both Citroens - and quickest outright - to the extent he has closed to within 7.1s of Loeb.

“I didn’t really change anything to the car,” said Latvala. “The set-up is exactly the same. I ate and had treatment from my physio, which took the excitement away from my soul.”

Loeb said he’d been held back running first on the road due to expanses of loose surface gravel: “It’s getting bad now, very dry and I was sliding everywhere. There is no grip compared to some stages in the morning. I tried hard but it’s difficult.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss7

SS8: More Progress for Latvala

(Jari-Matti Latvala with Me at Chatsworth Rally Show 2010)

Factory Ford driver Jari-Matti Latvala has moved to within 5.0s of the lead of Neste Oil Rally Finland, as Sebastien Ogier slashes Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb’s overall advantage to 0.7s.

“It’s another good stage and a bit more dry but it’s difficult to use the advantage because there is only a small line from Seb,” said Ogier.

Loeb added: “I am satisfied with my driving but I am losing time because of the conditions.”

Mikko Hirvonen has continued Ford’s dominance of the second day of the world championship qualifier by setting the fastest time in his Fiesta.

Read: wrc.com/finland ss8

SS9: Ogier takes lead

Sebastien Ogier has moved into the lead of Neste Oil Rally Finland after edging Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb on the repeat of the Hyvanuela test.

“It was another good stage time,” said Ogier, who was 1.1s quicker than Loeb through the stage to move 0.4s ahead of the seven-time champion at the top of the overall leaderboard. “We pushed to the maximum because it was very difficult to make a difference. I am pleased with my performance. The car is working well.”

Loeb said: “It was raining a bit so it was less dusty. The grip was okay so it was not so bad in that stage.”

Finn Jari-Matti Latvala’s bid to win his home round of the world championship for a second time suffered a minor setback close to the start of the stage at the wheel of his works Ford Fiesta.

“I am running my car quite low and had a moment at the beginning of the stage,” said Latvala, who is now 7.2s off the lead. “The road was quite rutted and I hit the sumpguard and went into a ditch. I was a long time in there but luckily I came back on the road. I was a little bit worried and we have lost a bit [of time] but we have more stages to go.”

The recovering Mikko Hirvonen continued Ford’s dominance of stage wins on day two with the quickest time in his Fiesta. The Finn is 1m37.3s off first place.

Read: wrc.com/finland ss9

-----------------------------

SS10: Trouble for Loeb on superspecial

The battle for victory on Neste Oil Rally Finland has taken another dramatic twist after Sebastien Loeb completed the Jokimaa superspecial in Lahti with a broken windscreen.

Citroen ace Loeb reported the damage was caused by stones thrown up by team-mate Sebastien Ogier on the two-by-two course held at the town’s trotting track. It’s not yet clear whether the damage will hinder Loeb through today’s final stage.

“My windscreen was broken on the first corner from the gravel of Ogier by being on the outside line,” said Loeb. “I have lost everything in this stage.”

Ogier is now 1.9s ahead of Loeb in the overall standings with one stage of day two left to run. “It was okay,” said stage winner Ogier. We had a good drive with no problem. I try to continue to drive well.”

Friday’s final stage, Mynnila, goes live at 19:46hrs local time.

Read: wrc.com/finland ss10

SS11: Loeb in Lead

Sebastien Loeb has gone fastest on Friday’s final stage to retake the lead of Neste Oil Rally Finland from Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier.

It means the seven-time world champion will start first on the road on the final day with a 1.5s lead after Ogier slowed during the stage to avoid running at the head of the field over Saturday’s 11 stages.

Loeb checked in one minute late at the stage start, which incurred a 10-second time penalty, in an attempt to ensure he would run behind Ogier on Saturday. But Ogier responded by slowing.

Jari-Matti Latvala, running third on the road, was the main beneficiary. Although he dropped time, the combination of Loeb’s penalty and Ogier’s reduced pace on the final stage means the Finn will start day three 2.6s off the lead in third position, which is expected to hand the Ford driver an advantage due to the effect of road cleaning.

Mikko Hirvonen has moved ahead of Dani Sordo into sixth overall after the MINI driver reported making a mistake and going off the road. MINI driver Armindo Araujo and Volkswagen Motorsport’s Andreas Mikkelsen both spun during the stage.

Read: wrc.com/finland ss11

Last edited by Weasel 555; 07-29-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Saturday-Day 3
    SS12: Loeb builds lead

Sebastien Loeb has set a staggering pace on Saturday’s first stage to maintain his lead of Neste Oil Rally Finland.

Loeb had been expected to lose time running first on the road but made the most of his vast experience and blinding pace to go 6.4s quicker than his Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier.

“That’s not so bad, I was pushing like hell,” said the seven-time champion. “I knew I would not have an advantage today so I had to try and tried really, really hard. I was pushing on the limit everywhere. We have to continue like this.”

Ogier said: “He did a very good stage, not so bad for us, not so good as well. But it’s okay, it’s not finished. The rally will be long and I will try to fight back.”

Ford driver Jari-Matti Latvala’s bid to win his home rally suffered a blow when he slipped 13.3s behind Loeb after struggling to make his mark on the damp roads.

“Third was not the best place to be,” said Latvala. “The moisture in the night has made the road damp and it’s really slippery. There was nothing more I was able to do. We really need to the sun to dry the road.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss12

----------------------------

SS13:Loeb rapid pace

Sebastien Loeb continues to increase his advantage on Neste Oil Rally Finland by going fastest on the first run through Surkee.

The seven-time world champion now heads Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier by 9.5s. Ford driver Jari-Matti Latvala equalled Ogier’s time through the stage but is now 14.9s adrift of the lead.

Loeb said: “The stage was good, I was pushing very hard with no problems at all, no mistakes.”

Ogier, who began day two 1.5s behind Loeb, said: “It was okay for me but Seb is pushing really hard so it’s difficult to follow him.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss13

SS14: Hirvonen wins stage

Mikko Hirvonen has ended Sebastien Loeb’s dominant start to the final day of Neste Oil Rally Finland by going fastest through the Urria stage in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

Loeb had set the pace on Saturday’s opening two stages but Hirvonen was one second faster than the Citroen ace on the stage where he suffered a huge crash in 2010.

“It’s good to get through that stage and I’m pleased with the time,” said Hirvonen, who is now 14.7s behind fifth-placed Mads Ostberg.

Read: wrc.com/finland ss14

SS15: Stage win Hirvonen

Sebastien Loeb has said that running first on the road on the final day of Neste Oil Rally Finland is beginning to hold him back after Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier trimmed his advantage out front.

Ogier was 0.7s faster than Loeb through Jukojarvi and now trails the seven-time world champion by 9.9s with one stage of Saturday’s opening loop of stages remaining.

“There was a lot of gravel and it was not easy to go fast,” said Loeb. “I really had to push to try to keep the rhythm.”

Ogier said: “It was very good and I’m happy with my drive but Seb is going very well.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss15

SS16: Ogier makes error

Sebastien Ogier has faltered in his efforts to catch Citroen team-mate and rally leader Sebastien Loeb after making a small mistake at the wheel of his DS3 WRC.

Ogier reported getting sideways on some loose gravel and completed the stage with a time that was 0.9s slower than Loeb. It means his gap to the 2008 Rally Finland winner is 10.8s heading to the service halt in Jyvaskyla.

Loeb said: “There was a lot of loose gravel and sometimes the conditions have been really difficult. I could not have gone faster.”

Factory Ford driver Jari-Matti Latvala admitted he has no answer to the pace of the leading Citroens. “I can’t catch them. Even though I feel quite okay I can’t catch them and I don’t know what I can do. I can’t get them on speed so I will have to see if something happens at the front.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss16

Saturday-Midday Wrap

Sebastien Loeb has completed Saturday's opening loop of five stages with an advantage of 10.8s over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier in the battle for victory on Neste Oil Rally Finland.

Loeb feared he would drop time running at the head of the field on the final day of the gravel event but overnight rain helped to compact the surface gravel and nullify any potential disadvantage on the opening brace of stages, which the seven-time world champion won following two staggering performances.

However, with ambient temperatures rising and the road surface drying, Loeb reported a significant amount of loose gravel on stage 15, which allowed Ogier to trim his advantage. But a small mistake by Ogier on stage 16 allowed Loeb to hit back.

“I have done a perfect morning because I could not go faster,” said Loeb. “It’s still very close and we will see in the afternoon how it goes. Sometimes the conditions have been really difficult. There was a lot of loose.”

Read: wrc.com/finland saturday midday

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS17:Ogier puncture !

Sebastien Ogier’s hopes of winning Neste Oil Rally Finland for the first time appear to be over after the Citroen ace picked up a front-left puncture approximately halfway through the 21.35-kilometre stage.

Ogier’s delay means he is now 17.7s behind his team-mate and rally leader Sebastien Loeb. “I had a puncture, I don’t know where it happened, maybe half of the stage,” said Ogier. “I don’t know now, we’ll see.”

Loeb could only manage the fourth fastest time and put his lack of pace down to the slippery stage conditions. “It was really, really bad in that stage,” he said. “There is a lot of loose gravel everywhere and we have no grip. I took big risks but I can’t go faster.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss17

SS18:Latvala Flies

Jari-Matti Latvala has moved into second position on Neste Oil Rally Finland after going faster than Sebastien Ogier through stage 18, Surkee 2.

The Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver is now 13.0s behind leader Sebastien Loeb with four stages remaining. “This is first time in he rally that I really enjoy driving,” said stage winner Latvala. “I will keep going on like this.”

With no spare tyre available following his puncture on stage 17, Ogier said it was proving difficult to push. “It’s not good now,” said Citroen star Ogier. “As I have no spare I had to drive more carefully to save the tyres.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss18

SS19:Ogier Fights

Sebastien Ogier has closed to within 2.5s of Jari-Matti Latvala in the battle for second place on Neste Oil Rally Finland. Meanwhile, Latvala is now 12.5s behind leader Sebastien Loeb with three stages left.

Loeb, driving a Citroen DS3 WRC, is continuing to lose time running at the head of the field. He said: “It’s cleaning a lot and very difficult to be first. I am making lines everywhere and for sure Latvala is catching me. Hopefully we will have enough for the next stages. It’s so dry that I am making the new line.”

Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver Latvala said: “Ogier is doing really well. He pushed hard on this stage but the game is still on. We are pushing.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss19

SS20: Latvala inches closer

Jari-Matti Latvala continues to edge closer to Neste Oil Rally Finland leader Sebastien Loeb after going faster than the seven-time world champion on stage 20, Jukojarvi.

Latvala is now 10.3s behind Loeb with two stages of the high-speed world championship qualifier remaining.

“It went well, I pushed hard but went wide in a few places,” said Ford driver Latvala.

Citroen ace Loeb said: “I made no mistakes and found a good rhythm. I hope it will be enough for the victory.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss20

SS21:

Mikko Hirvonen has all but secured fourth position on Neste Oil Rally Finland after winning the penultimate stage of the world championship qualifier in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

Out front Citroen’s Sebastien Loeb will take a lead of 8.4s over Ford driver Jari-Matti Latvala into the final test, the 4.19-kilometre Power Stage.

Read: wrc.com/finland ss21

SS22: Hirvonen wins power stage

Mikko Hirvonen has won Neste Oil Rally Finland’s Power Stage to secure three world championship bonus points.

Driving a Ford Fiesta RS WRC, Hirvonen was 0.3s faster than team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala. Latvala picks up two bonus points with Sebastien Loeb, who secured the overall victory, bagging the final bonus score in third position at the wheel of his Citroen DS3 WRC.

Hirvonen said: “My drive in that stage wasn’t too intelligent because I pushed like crazy in that stage but it was very slippery with these worn tyres. But it’s the same for everyone.”

Read: wrc.com/finland ss22

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Loeb Wins WRC Finland

Sebastien Loeb has extended his lead at the top of the Word Rally Championship to 27 points following a stunning second win on Neste Oil Rally Finland, which finished in the city of Jyvaskyla this evening (Saturday).

Driving a Citroen DS3 WRC, Loeb started first on the road on all three days of the high-speed gravel event but battled to his 66th victory at world championship level alongside co-driver Daniel Elena. In doing so he becomes the first non-Nordic driver to win the event twice.

Loeb, from France, began the final day with a 1.5s lead over team-mate Sebastien Ogier but feared he would drop time cleaning the surface gravel for his rivals behind. However, overnight rain cancelled out any possible delay to the extent he was able to extend his margin thanks to a staggering display on stages 12 and 13.

Read More: wrc.com/finland wrap

SWRC Wrap

Juho Hanninen has extended his lead at the top of the Super 2000 World Rally Championship standings with a dominant home win on Neste Oil Rally Finland.

Driving a Red Bull Skoda Fabia Hanninen and co-driver Mikko Markkula finished more than 2m37.7s in front of their closest rivals, the Ford Fiesta duo of Martin Prokop and Jan Tomanek. It was the Finns’ second win in the SWRC this season following their triumph on the Acropolis Rally last month.

Ott Tanak, who dropped out of contention for victory when his Fiesta refused to restart following a spin on Friday morning, finished third after he moved ahead of Hanninen’s team-mate Hermann Gassner Jr on the final morning.

Read More: SWRC Wrap

PWRC Wrap

Hayden Paddon has made it three wins from three starts in the Production Car World Rally Championship with an impressive victory on Neste Oil Rally Finland.

The Kiwi, driving a Symtech Racing Subaru Impreza under the New Zealand World Rally Team banner, began day three with a comfortable lead. Although Jarkko Nikara won a succession of stages on Saturday to close the gap, Paddon and co-driver John Kennard were never really threatened.

“It’s like a dream come true to win here,” said Paddon, who has also won in the PWRC in Portugal and Argentina this season. “I came here wanting to be on the podium so to leave here with maximum points is a great feeling. I’ve not won many stages but I’ve been consistently fast over the whole weekend and certainly there is more pace to come. I’m still learning the car and the new events.”

Read More: PWRC Wrap

Academy Wrap

Egon Kaur continued his domination of the WRC Academy Cup with his third successive victory of the season following a thrilling finish to the young driver-training category on Neste Oil Rally Finland today.

The Academy drivers, who pilot identical Ford Fiesta R2s prepared by the British M-Sport organisation using Pirelli control tyres, tackled 18 stages of the high-speed gravel rally.

With two stages left to run, Estonian Kaur trailed Irishman Craig Breen by a slender margin of 2.3s. But despite his best efforts Breen was unable to fend off Kaur’s advances and had to settle for the runner-up spot instead, 2.6s behind Kaur. It means Kaur’s lead of the drivers’ standings increases to 52 points over Breen and Australian Brendan Reeves, who finished fourth behind Dutchman Timo van der Marel.

Read More: Academy Wrap

Next Round 9

WRC ADAC Germany 18 - 21 Aug 11

Rallye Deutschland has the honour of being the first world championship event of the 2011 season to take place on asphalt, although it’s an asphalt rally like no other with all three days of the event held on different types of sealed surfaces.

Based in the historic city of Trier in Germany’s wine-producing Mosel region, the event was the longest on last season’s schedule in terms of competitive distance. As in the previous seven editions, Sebastien Loeb took the honours in dominant fashion.

Loeb, world rally champion on seven occasions, points to the need to maintain an extremely high level of concentration as the secret behind his success, particularly in the Baumholder military training area, where giant boulders, known as hinkelsteins, line the route.

Official Website: rallye-deutschland.de/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-14-2011 at 05:16 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats to Loeb on outdriving the Finns.(again)
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/81544.png
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast