I could use some advise...be easy on me

This is a discussion on I could use some advise...be easy on me within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys. My girlfriend and I just bought our first wrx. It's an 08 sedan...automatic. I know what your thinking. ...

I could use some advise...be easy on me

Hey guys. My girlfriend and I just bought our first wrx. It's an 08 sedan...automatic. I know what your thinking. Be easy on me. The car is stock and I was wondering what would be a good mod that I can do to it without going crazy so i could get some more power and my girlfriend would still feel comfortable driving it. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Stage one tune.. or you could buy a downpipe and get a stage two tune.

Any brand suggestions? Again I'm a noob at this Subaru thing. How much power would I get and about how much does that cost?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    No brand for the tune. Depending on where you live you can probably find someone local that owns a Tactrix cable that can flash an off the shelf map for you for free. For stage one you're looking at around +9.0% HP and +10.0% TQ.

There are several good aftermarket downpipes on the market that would work fine for stage two. I'm running a TurboXS exhaust and have no complaints. Invidia seems to be a popular choice for those a little more budget minded. If you can find a used one for sale that would be your best bet, and nasioc classifieds would be the place to look for one. At stage two you're looking at +13.0% HP and +14.0% TQ.

Another option would be to purchase an Access Port which will already come with off the shelf stage one and two maps on it. An Access Port costs $595.00 if you buy it from Cobb, but there are cheaper places to get one. If you decide to go this route remember that you're still stuck with an off the shelf map which is not specific to your car.

A pro tune done by a good tuner will ALWAYS be better than any off the shelf map. For that you're looking at $300-$500.

I suggest you read the stickies on the forum. There is a thread called "First Modifications", that would be a good place to start. After about two weeks of reading you should have an idea of what will work best for you and your car.

Also, this thread should go in the Engine Modifications forum, but I don't have moderator privileges, so I'll leave it up to someone else to move it.
    Last edited by MainFrame; 07-09-2011 at 11:42 PM.