SCCA Solo proposal

This is a discussion on SCCA Solo proposal within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the most recent fastrack has a new proposal for Stock class that would allow either a front or rear sway ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

SCCA Solo proposal

the most recent fastrack has a new proposal for Stock class that would allow either a front or rear sway bar upgrade (but not both)- the current rule set (which goes back several decades evidently) only allows for a front sway bar change.

I wrote in support of this proposal as it takes away the argument that car x benefits more from a front sway bar change than car y. The rule was written originally as almost all cars were RWD, obviously things have changed with a large number of FWD and AWD competing anymore. It's possible a front sway bar may still be more beneficial than a rear for many cars (regardless of the type of drive), but this leaves the decision to the contestant to make

if you care to comment on this proposal (or any other) they have gone to a new format (no longer accepting emails) where you submit comments on this online form

SEB Letter Submission Form

mike
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'll have to add my two cents to that. I'm in favor of that as well. As cars change, so too should the rules, and this would at least make for a more even playing field.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!