24HR Le Mans
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 24HR Le Mans within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Wow, did Audi destroy some cars, or what? I'm very surprised that McNish and Rockenfeller both walked away from those ...

I Support ClubWRX

24HR Le Mans

Wow, did Audi destroy some cars, or what? I'm very surprised that McNish and Rockenfeller both walked away from those (Especially Rocky..)
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It was hard to see what happened to Rockenfeller .Did they show any footage of the crash?The car was in shreds & it looked pretty serious.

McNish had a spectacular crash although the jury is still out on what happened.The GT driver says he never even saw McNish coming.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Watch McNish's crash footage closely... Even "IF" the Ferrari driver didn't see him, or didn't close him off, or whatever.. If McNish "would've" gotten through, he was in there way too hot; he'd most likely went off, or plowed one of the Porsches in the poop-chute..

Rocky's crash was wicked nasty. It appears that he, too, was pinched off, and dropped a tire off the tarmac at over 200mph, causing the car to become unstable, with no time for correction.

Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

I Support ClubWRX
    You're right.I don't think he even made an attempt to brake.It was pretty lame driving from a guy who is in his 30th year of racing.

"From where I was sitting going down the inside of that corner, there was not a risk to get into that corner," "I've made that overtake many, many times before and I saw many other drivers doing it in the race afterwards."-McNish

How lucky are they that Audi opted for the closed cockpit.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    A better video without commentary & some on board of both crashes.

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Incredible that both survived. Especially Rocky. The nighttime runs down the narrow road going into Indianapolis are nail biting. I don't know how these guys have the balls!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    How that car did not go over the guard rail,is amazing.Folks got a lucky break on that one.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    How that car did not go over the guard rail,is amazing.Folks got a lucky break on that one.

For real.. if they happened to have their ISO set high enough and maintained presence of mind I bet someone could have got some spectacular photographs of the crash from there. I know the natural instinct is to duck, but I've been in situations where I just froze and squeezed the shutter, always makes for good pictures.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.