WRC Argentina May 26-29 talk/results spoiler**
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRC Argentina May 26-29 talk/results spoiler** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Next: Round 6 Argentina 26 - 29 May Official Website: rallyargentina.com/2011/en/ World Rally Radio: wrc.com/world-rally-radio/ Argentina, which first hosted a ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool WRC Argentina May 26-29 talk/results spoiler**

Next: Round 6 Argentina 26 - 29 May

Official Website: rallyargentina.com/2011/en/

World Rally Radio: wrc.com/world-rally-radio/

Argentina, which first hosted a round of the World Rally Championship in 1980, is back on the WRC trail after a year away in 2010.

Based in Villa Carlos Paz north of the capital Buenos Aires, the town lies on the banks of the spectacular San Roque Lake in the south of the Punilla Valley close to the city of Cordoba.

The event is popularised by its jumps, water splashes and the lunar landscape of the high altitude El Condor stage, not to mention the tens of thousands of fans who line the route, and who are considered some of the most enthusiastic on the planet.

Argentina Preview: wrc.com/preview-rally-argentina/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Ken Block will make his eagerly anticipated return to the World Rally Championship in Argentina after missing the last two events in Jordan and Italy.

Wrc.com caught up with the Monster World Rally Team ace to find out what he’s been up to recently and discover that the American is particularly partial to the odd steak when he’s not behind the wheel of his Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

You’ve been missed in the WRC. What have you been up to since your last event in Portugal?

“It’s been about eight weeks since I was in a rally car and last time I was upside down. I had to schedule this particular part of the year to be off to be at home with my wife because we had our third child. While I was gone we had a little boy named Mika. It was really great to have some time off and enjoy the time at home with my family and be there with my wife. I’m very happy to be back here and looking forward to getting back out in my rally car.”

And are mother and son doing well?
    “Exceptionally well.”

Read More: wrc.com/news/qa-ken-block/=14748

Last edited by Weasel 555; 05-26-2011 at 04:43 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Jari-Matti Latvala and Petter Solberg have both suffered early setbacks in their bids to win Rally Argentina, round six of the World Rally Championship.

Latvala was tackling the 6.23-kilometre Carlos Paz-Cabalango shakedown stage for the second time when his Ford Fiesta RS WRC suffered a transmission-related failure. Solberg’s Citroen DS3 was hit by a broken front-right driveshaft on his second pass.

Solberg’s car has been repaired and the Norwegian has left the service park to return to the practice stage. Latvala’s car has been returned to the service park on a trailer provided by the rally organisers where Ford engineers will identify the cause of the problem and begin repairs.

Latvala explained: “I went a few metres forward and lost the drive. I thought it was driveshaft, I kept going slowly to the end of the shakedown road, then came on the road section. I was a bit worried what is wrong with the car so I stopped there. It’s on the transmission side but I don’t know exactly what is the problem.

“Yes, it’s a bit frustrating at first, we have done so many shakedowns and don’t usually get any problems. But it’s better to have problems now than during the rally.”

Solberg said: “The first run was good but on the second we broke the driveshaft. But it will be okay, I’m confident for this rally.”

Shakedown is being held in bright albeit cool conditions. The stage closes at 12:00hrs local time.

Read: wrc.com/news/solberg-and-latvala-suffer-shakedown-delay=14749

Last edited by Weasel 555; 05-26-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Sebastien Ogier has set the fastest time in shakedown for Rally Argentina.

Driving a Citroen DS3 WRC, the 27-year-old from France completed the 6.23-kilometre stage in a time of 4m42.1s, eight-tenths of a second faster than the best run recorded by his team-mate, the seven-time world champion Sebastien Loeb.

“It was a difficult shakedown because early in the morning there was a lot of dust and it was difficult to have good visibility when the sun is coming,” said Ogier. “But the car was good and I have a good feeling. It’s a better start than in Sardinia already.”

Petter Solberg was third quickest in his privateer DS3 WRC, which needed a new front-right driveshaft after the original failed on his second run through the all-gravel test.

Fellow Norwegian Mads Ostberg was the leading Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver in fourth overall, one-tenth of a second quicker than factory Ford pilot Mikko Hirvonen. Ostberg has never competed in Argentina before but impressed in his M-Sport Stobart entry.

Read More: wrc.com/argentina-shakedown/=14750

Last edited by Weasel 555; 05-26-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS1

Sebastien Loeb’s bid to win Rally Argentina for the sixth time has got off to the perfect start after the Citroen DS3 WRC star went fastest on the opening stage, the Super Special Carlos Paz.

Using a spectacular, undulating route in the hills above the rally’s host town, the action thrilled the tens of thousands of fans who flocked to witness the opening exchanges on round six of the World Rally Championship as drivers battled in pairs over the gravel test.

After going 0.9s faster than Petter Solberg through the stage, Loeb said: “It’s only the start, there’s a long way to go over three days and one second is nothing. But I’m happy for the start and we will see tomorrow what we can do [running first on the road]. The stage was very nice for a super stage.”

Solberg, at the wheel of a privateer DS3 WRC, said: “The stage is as important as everything else. I’m on a mission after the [driveshaft] problems I had in shakedown. This is a good start - I’m here for a good finish.”

Read More: wrc.com/Argentina_SS1

Last edited by Weasel 555; 05-26-2011 at 04:45 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 1

SS2: Latvala flies

Jari-Matti has shot into the lead of Rally Argentina after topping the times on Friday’s opening test in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

The Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team ace was 2.5s faster than Petter Solberg through the stage and now leads the Norwegian by 1.9s in the overall standings.

“It was a surprisingly good start,” said Latvala, from Finland. “At the beginning I was a little hesitating because it was slippery at the first corner. But I got good confidence although there was some dust.”

Solberg opted to run used tyres on the front of his Citroen DS3 WRC and could gain an advantage by starting the next two stages with new front tyres, which will provide improved grip and better handling.

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss2

----------------------

SS3:

Jari-Matti Latvala has extended his lead of Rally Argentina by winning stage three, the 22.67-kilometre Mino Clavero-Giulio Cesare test.

Driving a Ford Fiesta RS WRC, the Finn’s advantage out front rises to 3.0s over Petter Solberg, who trailed Latvala for the second stage in a row in his privateer Citroen DS3 WRC.

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss3

----------------------

SS4 Latvala Sensational

Jari-Matti Latvala has set a sensational pace through the mixed-surface El Condor-Cuesta Blanca stage, going 9.3s faster than his closest rival Petter Solberg. It means the Finn’s lead is now up to 12.3s over the former world champion heading to the service halt in Villa Carlos Paz.

“I’m happy, it’s going better on Tarmac,” said the factory Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver. “I’ve really tried to concentrate and improve driving on Tarmac. I went 20 millimetres lower with the car on the previous stage.”

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss4

Last edited by Weasel 555; 05-27-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Sebastien Loeb has been handed a one-minute time penalty for checking in early at the regroup in Villa Carlos Paz.

The Citroen Total World Rally Team star, a winner in Argentina on the last five occasions, completed the morning loop of three stages 18.9s adrift of leader Jari-Matti Latvala in fourth overall. The punishment would drop the seven-time champion back to sixth position when it is applied to his total time.

Citroen will not make an official comment until senior team members have met with the rally organisers. However, it is understood Loeb’s co-driver Daniel Elena checked in two seconds ahead of the allotted time due to confusion created by a large build-up of people surrounding the timing clocks at the entrance to the control.

Read: wrc.com/news/loeb-given-one-minute-time-penalty/

-------------------------------

Midday Wrap
    Jari-Matti Latvala has completed the opening loop of stages of Rally Argentina with a lead of 12.3s in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

The Finn, co-driven by Miikka Anttila, moved into top spot in the overall standings by winning Friday’s first test. He extended his advantage through stage three before moving clear with a sensational time on the mixed-surface El Condor stage, which concluded with a 20-kilometre all-asphalt stretch. He was 9.3s faster than his closest rival, Petter Solberg, and recorded an average speed of 196.2kph over the final 5.94-kilometres

“I’ve had a very good feeling with the car and had absolutely no problems,” said Latvala. “I made a big attack on El Condor by lowering the car by 20 millimetres. This gave me more confidence.”

......Ken Block, back on WRC duty following his shakedown smash in Portugal in late March, is ninth in his Monster Fiesta. “The stages are amazing but difficult so I’m tacking it easy, trying to get round,”

Read More: wrc.com/midday wrap

Last edited by Weasel 555; 05-27-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS5 Latvala continues

Jari-Matti Latvala continued his charge at the top of the Rally Argentina leaderboard by clinching his fourth stage win of the world championship qualifier.

The Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver set a time of 10m19.0s through the repeated El Mirador-San Lorenzo stage, which was 1.6s faster than his chief pursuer, Petter Solberg in a Citroen DS3 WRC.

“I have a very good feeling and I really enjoy the driving,” said Latvala, whose overall lead has increased to 13.9s. “The car is performing like I want it to do and that’s where the confidence is coming from. When you have a good rhythm [the speed] comes naturally.”

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss5

--------------------

SS6: Solberg 400 stage wins

Ex-world champion Petter Solberg has bagged his first fastest stage time of Rally Argentina, the 400th of his glittering career in the WRC.

Solberg was 1.6s faster than fellow Citroen DS3 WRC driver Sebastien Ogier to trim Jari-Matti Latvala’s advantage to 12.1s.

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss6

--------------------

End of Day 1

SS7

Sebastien Loeb underlined his determination to recover the ground lost following his one-minute time penalty by going fastest on Friday’s final stage, the repeat of the mixed-surface El Condor test.

Loeb was 2.0s quicker than overall leader Jari-Matti Latvala through the stage in his Citroen DS3 WRC. However, he is more than 1m30s adrift of first place heading into the second day of the South American spectacular.

Ford driver Latvala reported losing a handful of seconds when he braked too late for a junction and momentarily stalled the engine in his Fiesta RS WRC. Nevertheless he still managed the second fastest time.

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss7

Last edited by Weasel 555; 05-27-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Block boosted

Ken Block says completing the opening day of Rally Argentina has handed him a major confidence boost behind the wheel of his Monster World Rally Team Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

Block failed to start on his previous world championship appearance in Portugal in late March after a car wrecking crash in shakedown. After the first seven stages in South America, the Gymkhana star is ninth overall.

“I got a lot of confidence today just being back in the car,” said the popular American driver. “Shakedown is one thing but doing a 20-kilometre stage at speed is a whole different ball game. I’m going to pick up the pace tomorrow but do it in a smart way because I can leave here with some points if I play it smart. I would like to be quicker but it’s my first time on the stages so I can’t push as much as I like. I need the experience at this point.”

Despite his satisfaction at completing day one, Block admitted he has found it tough going: “The second stage today was the roughest stage I’ve driven in my life. I’ve never had such a workout and had to focus on holding the steering wheel so tight because it was constantly trying to rip out of my hands.”

Read More: wrc.com/block boosted

. Go Ken & Alex

--------------------------

PWRC Fri Wrap

Subaru Impreza driver Hayden Paddon admitted his surprise at final service in Villa Carlos Paz this evening after completing day one of Rally Argentina seven minutes clear in the battle for Production Car World Rally Championship glory.

Paddon’s plan on his Argentina debut had been to drive steadily through the opening day, not risking anything and “driving like his grandmother Ethel”, before pressing on through the faster roads on day two. His strategy was going to plan until a dramatic final stage decimated the leaderboard.

Having completed the penultimate test, Mina Clavero-Giulio Cesare, Swede Patrik Flodin was leading in his Subaru. He’d been fastest on the previous three stages and was looking largely untroubled as he built his lead over Michal Kosciuszko’s Mitsubishi Lancer.

Read More: wrc.com/PWRC Friday Wrap

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 2

SS8

Sebastien Ogier has taken his first stage win of Rally Argentina with the fastest time through Saturday’s opening mixed-surface test. As a result the Frenchman moves into second place in the overall standings.

Event leader Jari-Matti Latvala reported a “big moment” nearing the end of the stage in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC. He said: “It was on a long left, which tightened more than I expected but I managed just to keep it on the road and not hit this stone wall.”

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss8

SS9

Jari-Matti Latvala’s overall lead of Rally Argentina has been trimmed to 15 seconds following stage nine, the 16.57-kilometre Las Bajadas-Villa del Dique test.

Running first on the road, Latvala expected to lose some time on the all-gravel stage in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC and ended up fifth fastest, 12.3s behind stage winner Sebastien Loeb, who is running fifth on the road in his factory Citroen DS3 WRC.

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss9

SS10

Sebastien Ogier has edged to within 14.3s of leader Jari-Matti Latvala in the battle for victory in Argentina.

The factory Citroen DS3 WRC star was third fastest on the rally’s 11th stage, which was won by his team-mate Sebastien Loeb.

“It was a good stage, not easy when you are discovering the rally but it’s okay and I’m happy,” said Ogier. “I knew the stages would suit me better because they were rough yesterday. Today they are fast and I have a better feeling.”

Read More: wrc.com/argentina ss10

SS11

Sebastien Loeb has claimed his third stage win of day two by going fastest on Saturday morning’s fourth test.

The Citroen driver is on a charge following his one-minute time penalty on Friday and was 7.7s quicker than leader Jari-Matti Latvala through the stage. As a result he’s 26.2s behind fourth-placed Mikko Hirvonen with four stages of day two left to run.

“That’s a great stage,” said Loeb. “I will continue to push, which is the only thing I can do.”

Read More: wrc.com/argentina ss11

Saturday Midday Wrap

The battle for victory on Rally Argentina is tightly poised at the midday service halt in Villa Carlos Paz following Saturday's opening quartet of stages in the Calamuchita valley south of the event base.

Jari-Matti Latvala started the day’s first test, a 21.57-kilometre mixed-surface blast, with an overnight lead of 18.2s in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC. He was able to extend that advantage slightly when chief rival Petter Solberg spun his Citroen DS3 WRC midway through the stage.

However, on the two all-gravel stages that followed the Finn struggled to resist new second-placed driver Sebastien Ogier’s advances as he battled through the loose-surface gravel running first on the road. But he hit back on stage 11, which means his margin over Ogier, in a Citroen DS3 WRC, is 17.8s with four stages of day two to go.

“It’s not going as good as I wanted,” said the 26-year-old Latvala. “On the first stage I made a lot of mistakes and on the second stage also. The third and fourth stages were okay but I know I’m losing a lot of time with the dust on top of the road. The only thing I can do is to push on.”

...........Ken Block has endured a difficult morning in his Monster World Rally Team Fiesta. Although stage eight proved trouble-free for the American, a reported transmission glitch has slowed his progress and contributed to a significant loss of time.

Read More: wrc.com/sat midday wrap

"All We'll Drive"

Thanks for the updates!
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS12

Sebastien Ogier has slashed Jari-Matti Latvala’s Rally Argentina lead to 10.6s with three stages of day two remaining.

Ogier was 5.4s faster than Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb, who is now just 19.4s behind Mikko Hirvonen in fifth overall.

“It’s a good time,” said Ogier. “We had another good drive on this stage, one of our best stages on the rally. You have to take risks and see what happens. Today is more about driving and I prefer this.”

Ford driver Latvala said: “There was quite a lot of gravel on the [Tarmac section], much more than in the morning and I went wide in a few places. It was quite difficult but no big mistakes.”

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss12

SS13

Sebastien Ogier has shot into the lead of Rally Argentina after Jari-Matti Latvala’s Ford Fiesta RS WRC developed a mechanical fault on stage 13.

Latvala was 21.8s slower than stage winner Ogier through the test and drops 11.2s behind the Citroen DS3 WRC driver as a result. Petter Solberg is 4.2s behind Latvala in third.

With two stages remaining before overnight service Latvala could lose further ground if the mechanical failure, a broken compression strut, can’t be rectified.

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss13

Ken Block expects to restart the final day of Rally Argentina following his early exit from Saturday's stages.

Block was in contention for a top 10 finish alongside co-driver Alex Gelsomino only for his Monster World Rally Team Fiesta to suffer a broken front driveshaft.

“We were halfway through the second stage of the morning when out of a right turn the car spun on me and I knew instantly something was wrong,” said the American hero. “I wasn’t sure if it was a puncture or a driveshaft but we made it through the next stage at a slow pace. Then six kilometres into the next stage the whole thing locked up and I couldn’t continue. I was looking forward to eight good runs today but it wasn’t going to happen.”

Read More: wrc.com/MWRT Block

SS14

Sebastien Ogier will take a lead of 21.1s into Saturday’s final stage.

Although the Frenchman was 2.0s slower than Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb through the Amboy-Santa Monica test, he was 5.7s faster than Petter Solberg, who is second overall.

Jari-Matti Latvala started the stage out of order following frantic attempts to repair a broken compression strut. However, he was instructed by his team to stop in the stage to prevent any further damage to his Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss14

End of Day 2

SS15

Petter Solberg’s bid for his second consecutive podium finish is in tatters after his Citroen DS3 WRC suffered a mechanical failure on Saturday’s final stage.

A distraught Norwegian reached the stage finish punching the steering wheel of his car after a power steering failure resulted in him falling 1m16.1s adrift of leader Sebastien Ogier.

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss15

wow ! Rally Argentina bites back ! .... Jari-Matti, Petter , Ken , Olivera....
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    PWRC Sat review

Hayden Paddon has maintained his enormous lead at the top of the Production Car World Rally Championship class on the second day of Rally Argentina.

With four stages of the South American event remaining on Sunday, New Zealander Paddon and co-driver John Kennard are eight minutes in front of Patrik Flodin with Michal Kosciuszko a further 20.2s adrift in third.

Despite his healthy advantage, Paddon admitted to slightly frustrating day as he managed the gap aboard his New Zealand World Rally Team-entered Subaru Impreza.

“It would be nice to be pushing hard and racing,” said Paddon, who won the previous PWRC round in Portugal. “But we’ve got the lead and we’ve got to keep it. We don’t want to do anything stupid.”

Read More: wrc.com/PWRC day 2

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Jari-Matti heartache

Jari-Matti Latvala has revealed his heartache after he dropped out of the lead on Rally Argentina's 13th stage on Saturday.

The Finn was on course for his first victory of 2011 when his Ford Fiesta RS WRC suffered a front-left suspension link failure. Despite attempts to repair the damage, the Finn retired four kilometres into the next stage.

He will restart this morning under SupeRally regulations following repairs but is unlikely to break into the top six.

“Rallying can be the hardest game and it feels really bad because we have given the victory to [Sebastien] Ogier,” said Latvala. “I knew it was going to be tight for the lead [yesterday] afternoon [running first on the road] and I was counting a lot for this long stage this morning because usually it has been one of my strong areas. I definitely would have fought back.”

Latvala reported feeling a “couple of midpoint impacts” on his Fiesta before he realised that he was in big trouble.

Read More: wrc.com/latvala

Day 3

SS16

The battle for victory on Rally Argentina has been turned on its head after Sebastien Ogier rolled on Sunday’s opening stage.

“I roll on a cut, I took too much the corner and I roll,” said Ogier, whose Citroen DS3 WRC had suffered significant front-end damage.

Ogier’s drama means his overnight lead of 43.7s has now been trimmed to 21.5s behind Sebastien Loeb, who has moved 1.6s ahead of Mikko Hirvonen into second place after encountering fog patches on the stage.

“It’s a big fight with Mikko,” said Loeb, who was fastest through the stage. “It was not cleaning and I had to push really hard, nearly full attack.”

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss16

SS17

Sebastien Loeb has closed to within 12.8s of rally leader and Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier after winning Sunday’s second test in his DS3 WRC.

Ogier started the stage without the aid of power steering following his roll on the previous test. He was 8.7s slower than Loeb through the run but still holds a narrow advantage out front with Loeb second and Ford’s Mikko Hirvonen 2.2s behind Loeb in third.

“I had no power steering but I do what I can,” said Ogier. “I try and fix the car and it should be okay until the end. That’s the most important now. It will be difficult, we will see, we will try.”

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss17

SS18

Petter Solberg has won the penultimate stage of Rally Argentina as Sebastien Ogier managed to cling on to his overall lead at the wheel of his factory Citroen DS3 WRC.

Ogier, who is driving without the aid of power steering following his earlier roll, is 3.3s clear of team-mate Sebastien Loeb with Mikko Hirvonen a further 2.4s further back in his works Fiesta.

The top 12 drivers tackled the event in reverse order in preparation for the rally-closing Power Stage.

Read More: wrc.com/argentina_ss18

End of Day 3

SS19 - Loeb Wins !

Sebastien Loeb has won Rally Argentina for a sixth time following a dramatic final morning.

The Citroen DS3 WRC ace, hamstrung by a one-minute penalty handed out on day one for an early check-in, started day three in third overall, 47.7s behind event leader and team-mate Sebastien Ogier.

But after powering ahead of Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver Mikko Hirvonen for second on Sunday’s first test, Loeb began stage 18 21.5s behind Ogier, who had rolled on stage 17, losing the use of his power steering in the process.

Read More: wrc.com/loeb wins

What an amazing end too WRC Argentina !!

WRC Drivers Standings: wrc.com/results/

Next: Round 7 - WRC Acropolis/ Greece 16 - 19 Jun 11

Searing ambient temperatures, rocky, undulating roads and dust combine to make Acropolis Rally of Greece one of the most taxing on the World Rally Championship calendar with car and driver subjected to a particularly stern test.

Greece missed out on a slot on the 2010 WRC schedule and its absence was keenly felt, not just by the fans that descend on the event in great number, but also by the drivers. The Acropolis is one of the most iconic events in the sport and winning it earns significant kudos.

Official Website: acropolisrally.gr/2011/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 06-11-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Thanks for posting this... its criminal that we cant watch WRC in the states... I suppose that the yanks don't like the fact that they turn both directions...
    2007 SWP WRX - Blouch EVO III 16g'd - 320 WHP/330 TQ, tuned by Jorge @ P&L Motorsports
    --------- &
    2002 WRX Wagon - The DD, the workhorse, the snowboard-trip-whip, the turbo grocery getter

Always remember... life is short.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast