2011 WRX 1/4 mile - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX 1/4 mile within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Gotta ask you guys, how are you guys getting such a quick 60' time?? What do you have your launch ...

Gotta ask you guys, how are you guys getting such a quick 60' time?? What do you have your launch control set at?? I'm currently stage 1, just wondering what kind of time should I be aiming at? According to the accessport the best I've gotten is a 2.1 with LC at 4800, tho I only tried it a few times
    Justin ~ 2011 WRX (WRB Sedan) ~ 275whp/299wtq

Build Thread Beloww:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-2011-wrx.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    Gotta ask you guys, how are you guys getting such a quick 60' time?? What do you have your launch control set at?? I'm currently stage 1, just wondering what kind of time should I be aiming at? According to the accessport the best I've gotten is a 2.1 with LC at 4800, tho I only tried it a few times
    It just takes some practice and good driving skills and you can't be afraid. I used to race motocross and did some drag racing on my quad beating many people with even faster machines than mine.
    I have my launch control set at 5500 and FFS at 6000. On that run my launch was perfect and smooth along with every shift being very fast and smooth also. It's not something I do often because this is my daily driver but it can take it occasionally.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

you guys got some good times; i just ran my 11' wrx down the track today. it was my first time ever doing it but i did pretty good i ran a 13.573. all that i have done to my car is the nameless performance axle back exhaust. i kinda am kicking my self in the ass for runnning it now, because before i went i was saying how i don't want to void my warranty, but now im looking at getting a intake, downpipe, and an opensource tune-_-haha

Quote Originally Posted by J_Maher_WRX View Post
    No offense taken bro, I know its a high stake to claim haha but thats coming from Nameless themselves. Also with their design apparently, they retain the low end tq gains that many other exhaust systems lose once going high-end power
    Its not alway the best idea to take the word of the people that are trying to seperate you from your money.

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    weird haven't seen any cat backs that show true HP gains.
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Ah, that seems to be with a tune. I'm guessing that tune with stock catback = 25 ft. pounds

My guess is that the specs he read had nothign to do with torque, and everything to do with actual 'pounds'. I would say that the weights of most aftermarket cat backs and turbo backs easily save 30lbs and 50lbs respectively over the incredibly heavy stock pipes.

That's really the only explaination because its just not possible to gain 30ft-lbs of torque with a catback.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

on the reaction times! Nice runs.
    2009 WRX Hatch, WR Blue
    [Stage 2]

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy18 View Post
    on the reaction times! Nice runs.
    Depending on what style they were drag racing a .355 is a red light and .400 is a perfect light.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    2011 Base WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.