2011 WRX 1/4 mile - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX 1/4 mile within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Pay to play or play and pay, either way it's your ride......

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Pay to play or play and pay, either way it's your ride...
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The tune is going to get the engine into the "more safe" mode, and should be on the top of your list of what to do next. But the times look really good, and it looks like youve got a pretty stout little piece.

Quote Originally Posted by NDS WRX View Post
    The intake will not cause air/fuel ratio problems if the piping diameter is the some and it is the same.
    Not always true unfortunately; some intakes with the same diameter piping can skew AFR's by close to a full point towards the lean side, others can skew it towards the rich side. The dynamics of the flow play a huge role as well.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Finally got the stage1+ tune

Subaru shootout
    August 27
    Byron dragway. IL
    www.subarushootout.com

Fantastic 60' times! More time slips from the tune!

How did you launch in your video, around what rpms

Wow, nice times.

My 2011 wrx sedan is completely stock performance wise right now (only had it for 8 weeks, did a few dress up mods), and I did get a chance to do a few 1/4 mile runs recently, but my fastest time was:

14.125 @ 101.284
    60' @ 2.390

My background is with rear wheel drive muscle cars and I had one front wheel drive (a 09 Lancer). This is my first turbo car and first AWD. I've never even driven a AWD car until this one. So I'm having a heck of a time launching, as you can see from my 60' time.

Anyone have any tips to help me get off the line?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sho-n-go View Post
    Wow, nice times.

My 2011 wrx sedan is completely stock performance wise right now (only had it for 8 weeks, did a few dress up mods), and I did get a chance to do a few 1/4 mile runs recently, but my fastest time was:

14.125 @ 101.284
    60' @ 2.390

My background is with rear wheel drive muscle cars and I had one front wheel drive (a 09 Lancer). This is my first turbo car and first AWD. I've never even driven a AWD car until this one. So I'm having a heck of a time launching, as you can see from my 60' time.

Anyone have any tips to help me get off the line?
    If you can retune with a map with launch control, you'll be able to launch in boost. That will help a fair amount. Supposedly, the sweet-spot is right around 5000 RPM for the 2.5L (rev to 5000 rpm and let out the clutch), but remember that the WRX isn't known for a strong transmission...

14.15 @ 101.3 and 60' - 2.39"? That's not bad. A good launch will put your 60' around 1.7 seconds. Corrected, you ran a 13.42 @ 101.3: pretty damn good if you ask me! So you've got the shifts down, just need to work on the launch
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    If you can retune with a map with launch control, you'll be able to launch in boost. That will help a fair amount. Supposedly, the sweet-spot is right around 5000 RPM for the 2.5L (rev to 5000 rpm and let out the clutch), but remember that the WRX isn't known for a strong transmission...

14.15 @ 101.3 and 60' - 2.39"? That's not bad. A good launch will put your 60' around 1.7 seconds. Corrected, you ran a 13.42 @ 101.3: pretty damn good if you ask me! So you've got the shifts down, just need to work on the launch
    Thanks man. I felt pretty good at my first attempts, but when I saw the times in this thread I new there was room for improvement.
    I know I was no where near 5000 rpm. I was about 3000 and then trying to accelerate thru. A few times I just bogged it down. I'll try 5000 rpm and see how that goes. I had read about the tranny so I guess I was being a bit careful my first attempts.
    I was reading about the tunes as well so thanks for that info on a map with launch control.
    Thanks for the info and tip. Even though I've been driving for 20 years this turbo/awd is all new to me.

2011 Subaru Shootout
    My WRX runs 12.8 @105 60' 1.7

More vid. from 2011 Subaru Shootout
    Last edited by NDS WRX; 08-31-2011 at 04:07 PM.
    311WHP 352 TORQUE @19 PSI 93
    K&N typhoon intake, Turboxs bypass valve
    IPR TMIC, Invidia Q300 Exhaust
    3" Tsudo Stainless Bellmouth Downpipe
    GrimmSpeed Electric Boost Solenoid
    http://youtu.be/dhzZrictLAk

Pretty good, looks like you average mid 13's. Not many people are launching too good either. I always see new sti's running 14's and 15's at my local track.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric05mx View Post
    Pretty good, looks like you average mid 13's. Not many people are launching too good either. I always see new sti's running 14's and 15's at my local track.
    Pretty sure he is in the right lane putting down the 12.8... not the left with the 13.5
    2006 WRBlue WRX
    Cobb Tuned to Stage II, Helix Catted DP, Invidia 3" Catback
    Cobb: Short Shifter, Sport Springs, Shifter Bushings, Trans Mount, Front/Rear Sway Bars
    Redline Hood Dampeners
    20% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by soupsredline View Post
    Pretty sure he is in the right lane putting down the 12.8... not the left with the 13.5
    Watch the entire 2nd video, plenty of runs in that one. I said his "average" was 13's with a best of 12.8.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

I Support ClubWRX
    Excellent launches, man. Nice job!
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Watched the Vids man Very consistant times for the most part. Solid gains of stage 1 with tune as well.

Laughed at the 2nd vid with the STI guys launch was bad as almost everyone elses launches were bad except you. 60's time are awesome.

Poor GTOSLOW too lol.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast