WRC Jordan Apr 14-16 talk/results spoiler **
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRC Jordan Apr 14-16 talk/results spoiler ** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Next Round 4: WRC Jordan April 14-16th Jordan will celebrate its third appearance in the World Rally Championship this year ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool WRC Jordan Apr 14-16 talk/results spoiler **

Next Round 4: WRC Jordan April 14-16th

Jordan will celebrate its third appearance in the World Rally Championship this year with its popular all-gravel event based in the Dead Sea Resort.

The rally, which enjoys the continued patronage of His Royal Highness Prince Feisal Al Hussein, represents a tough test for the drivers who compete in scorching ambient temperatures approaching 40 degrees centigrade over rock-strewn passes.

With the majority of the stages running up to 400 metres below sea level, Jordan is a unique event on the WRC calendar and the only round of the series to take place in the Middle East and one of the few not to finish on a Sunday: the Islamic weekend requires a Saturday finish.

Service is located overlooking the Dead Sea and is in walking distance from the event’s plush headquarters. Amman, Jordan’s capital is a 50-kilometre drive away and with the stages located close by, the rally, which also incorporates a round of the Middle East championship, is one of the most compact on the 2011 schedule.

Official Website: jordanrally.com/

WRC Rally Radio:wrc.com/fanzone/world-rally-radio/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-11-2011 at 07:00 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    After suffering numerous delays in transit, the boat carrying the WRC service infrastructure to the Jordan Rally has docked at the Israeli port of Haifa.

The boat arrived on Tuesday night but bad weather delayed docking until 11:00hrs on Wednesday.

The convoy of trucks is expected to arrive at Rally HQ on the east coast of the Dead Sea by 20:00hrs, which means that the schedule for the first day of the Jordan Rally is subject to change. Team managers and rally organisers are meeting to discuss a new schedule at 16:00hrs today (Wednesday).

“Our priorities for tomorrow [Thursday] are scrutineering, the ceremonial start and the shakedown,” said North One Sport event manager Simon Larkin. “The FIA has been co-operating with the scrutineering schedule because that has to come first.

The ceremonial start, which will take place in the ancient city of Jerash, was originally due to take place at 10:30hrs on Thursday.

“The shakedown is an essential process but there is nothing to stop us doing it after the ceremonial start if need be,” said Larkin.

Read: wrc.com/news14506

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    The competitive stages scheduled for the opening day of the Jordan Rally have been cancelled owing to the late arrival of the service park infrastructure.

Rally organisers met with the FIA this afternoon (Wednesday) to agree a revised schedule. Although the much-delayed boat carrying 37 trucks filled with equipment essential to the running of the rally docked at the Israeli port of Haifa at 11:00hrs, the convoy then had to clear customs at Haifa and at the Jordan border on the journey to Rally HQ.

Since the trucks are not expected to arrive at the service park until midnight on Wednesday, organisers had no option but to reschedule Thursday’s activities.

“The ship that has been bringing the equipment has broken down twice en route from Europe but thankfully the vehicles are now on land and will be at the Dead Sea tonight [Wednesday],” said Randa Nabulsi, Clerk of the Course. “The decision to change the first day’s schedule was made collectively and we can all look forward to the ceremonial start tomorrow evening in Jerash and then the start of the rally on Friday morning.”

Thursday’s revised schedule will include pre-event scrutineering from 07:00hrs to 10:30hrs, shakedown from 12:30hrs to 14:30hrs, the official FIA pre-event press conference at 14:30hrs and the ceremonial start at the ancient city of Jerash from 17.30hrs.

Friday’s and Saturday’s schedules will run as originally planned, which means that the first competitive stage of the Jordan Rally will be SS7, Suwayma, with the first cars leaving the service park at 08:45hrs on Friday.

Read: wrc.com/news/14509

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    2003 champion Petter Solberg signalled his intention to become a winner again after going quickest in the shakedown for the Jordan Rally

Driving a Citroen DS3 WRC prepared by his own PS Engineering team, Solberg and co-driver Chris Patterson set a quickest time of 1m15.1s over the 2.05-kilometre practice stage, which was held in hot and sunny conditions 7km north of the service park on the Dead Sea coast. The shakedown was run to a shorter than usual timetable owing to the delays encountered in shipping the cars, spares and service park to the Jordan Rally location.

Solberg, who came into the event with no experience of the revised Michelin tyres, said: “It was tough to be here without having had a chance to do anything with the new tyres, because there’s quite a big difference. But we had no choice so we just did the best we could. I’ve learned much more about the tyres now with the few runs we had and I’m ready to start the fight.

“I have to go flat out in every stage to get to the top, and I like driving with the big attack. We will see.”

1. P. SOLBERG. Citroen DS3 WRC. 1:15.1
    2. LOEB. Citroen DS3 WRC. 1:15.5
    3. LATVALA. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 1:15.8
    4. HIRVONEN. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 1:15.9
    5. OGIER. Citroen DS3 WRC. 1:15.9
    6. WILSON. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 1:16.8
    7. RAIKKONEN. Citroen DS3 WRC. 1:16.8
    8. H. SOLBERG. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 1:16.9
    9. OSTBERG. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 1:17.8
    10. AL ATTIYAH. Ford Fiesta S2000. 1:18.0

Read: wrc.com/jordan/shakedown

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 1

SS7: Loeb blitzes opening stage in Jordan

Sebastien Loeb has gone fastest through the opening stage of the Jordan Rally.

The Citroen Total World Rally Team driver defied expectations with a blisteringly quick time of 7m1.0s, 1.8 seconds faster than team-mate Sebastien Ogier and 10.4 seconds faster than joint championship leader Mikko Hirvonen. The loose surface conditions had been expected to be a significant hindrance to Hirvonen, Loeb and Ogier, the drivers running first on the road.

“That was a great stage time compared with Mikko,” said Loeb. “We have to push hard today to not lose too much time to the others.”

“It’s a good start,” said Ogier. “This stage is so fast. I’m happy and there were no problems for me, but I’ll try to go quicker next time.”

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/opening stage/ss7

-----------------------

SS8: Solberg flies on hill stage

2003 world champion Petter Solberg got into his stride on the perilously loose surfaces of the Jordan Rally’s second competitive stage, going 2.3 seconds faster than the Citroen Total World Rally Team’s Sebastien Ogier.

Solberg, driving his eponymous team’s Citroen DS3 WRC, capitalised on cars ahead of him sweeping the road clear to set a time of 12m11.6.

Ogier, running third on the road behind joint championship leaders Mikko Hirvonen and Sebastien Loeb, said: “There was so much loose gravel and even for me it wasn’t clean, very slippery. We have to be careful, The new tyre is okay; we’ll see how it goes on the long final stage.”

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss8

-----------------------

SS9: Ogier takes the lead in Jordan

Sebastien Ogier has taken the lead of the Jordan Rally for the Citroen Total World Rally Team with a hard-charging performance over one of the longest stages in the WRC calendar. Ogier was 7.4 seconds ahead of his team-mate Sebastien Loeb, for whom he had to sacrifice his own prospects at this event last year.

The leading Citroen DS3 WRC completed the 41.5 kilometre stage in 27m32.6s, 2.4 seconds faster than the privateer DS3 of Petter Solberg - who believed he could have gone even faster.

“I lost a lot of time, I think,” said Solberg, who moves up into second place overall. “I think the car is maybe overheating, I don’t know.”

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss9

-----------------------
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Friday midday wrap: Ogier edges ahead in Jordan

Citroen Total World Rally Team's Sebastien Ogier has established a slim lead over team-mate Sebastien Loeb and privateer DS3 WRC driver Petter Solberg over the opening three stages of the Jordan Rally.

Running fourth on the road, Ogier was perfectly placed to benefit from the drivers ahead sweeping loose gravel from the surface. He was second quickest over the opening stages, which were won by Loeb and Solberg respectively, to take joint lead overall going into the final stage.

Along the morning’s 41.5 kilometre final stage tracing the route of the River Jordan, Ogier beat Solberg by 2.4 seconds and Loeb by 7.4, moving into an overall lead from Solberg of 7.2 seconds.

“Now everybody is pushing from the start,” said Ogier, “because of the delayed start of the rally, so that’s making things interesting. It’s also been an extra challenge to work with the pace notes because we had to do the recce in hire cars rather than the ones we usually use.

“We will try to make a difference this afternoon but it will not be easy.”

Read More: wrc.com/friday/midday_wrap

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS10: Latvala in flying form

Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team’s Jari-Matti Latvala opened the first afternoon of competition on the Jordan Rally by racing through the repeat run of the Suwayma stage over seven seconds faster than his time from this morning. He arrived at the flying finish dramatically, trailing tape from his front wing.

“On maybe the third corner of the stage some tape was hanging loose from the barrier and my wing caught it,” he said. “I was really annoyed sometimes because it was covering the windscreen. I didn’t go off the road; it was just loose.”

Sebastien Ogier was just 1.2 seconds adrift in his Citroen Total World Rally Team DS3 WRC, extending his overall lead only marginally. He may not have done enough to take a secure grip on the lead going into the long final stage of the day.

“It was good - a very fast stage, nice to drive,” said Ogier. “I’m going to continue like this and see how the gap is going.”

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss10

-------------------------

SS11: Leaders get ready to play tactics

Jari-Matti Latvala took his second stage win of the day to edge closer to a lead that no driver actually wishes to hold going into tomorrow. The leading four will now approach the final stage with some trepidation, knowing that today’s overall leader will be in the disadvantageous position of running first on the road on the final day’s stages.

“I’m getting the feeling, I think,” said the Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team driver. “The car feels really good, better than it did in the morning. It’s very important now to get tomorrow’s starting positions right. Maybe third on the road is the best position. Nobody really wants to be first on the road tomorrow.”

Latvala’s time of 11m48.2s, 2.2 seconds faster than the Citroen DS3 WRC of Sebastien Ogier, elevated him to second place overall. Ogier remains in the overall lead by 6.4 seconds.

“We’ve still got the longest stage of the day ahead and maybe the lead isn’t enough,” said Ogier. “We’ll make a decision [about tactics] at the last split there.”

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss11

-------------------------

End of Day 1
    SS12: Ogier goes for extended lead

Citroen Total World Rally Team driver Sebastien Ogier went all out on today’s final stage to establish a margin at the head of the field, while his team-mate Sebastien Loeb slowed dramatically mid-way through the stage in a bid to force their opponents’ hands.

Ford’s Mikko Hirvonen was first on the road and suffered a power steering failure during the stage: “We did the last 15 kilometres without power steering so we’re lucky to be here. There were a few places where we were close to going off.”

Loeb, running second on the road, stopped in the stage, aiming to prompt the other leaders either to slow down, thereby avoiding taking the lead and having to run first on the road tomorrow, or to push on. But he ended up giving too much time away.

“I stopped early in the stage to drop time,” he said. “I didn’t want to lose too much but then I made a couple of mistakes and lost more time.”

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss12

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Friday Wrap

The Citroen Total World Rally Team crew of Sebastien Ogier and Daniel Ingrassia will take a 31.6 second lead over arch rivals Sebastien Loeb and Daniel Elena into the final eight stages of the shortened Jordan Rally on Saturday.

“I think it’s been a good day,” Ogier told WRC.com. “We have a lead of over 30 seconds, which isn’t so bad, although now we’ll have to open the road for everyone else tomorrow.”

A handful of seconds separated Ogier, Loeb, Jari-Matti Latvala and Petter Solberg throughout the opening six stages on Thursday, where Mikko Hirvonen and Loeb were disadvantaged by running at the front of the field and acting as ‘road sweepers’.

The new CitroŽn DS3 WRC was slightly quicker than the Ford Fiesta over the demanding gravel stages and the two DS3s will start the final day in front of third-placed Latvala in the Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team Fiesta RS WRC. Solberg holds fourth position and Hirvonen rounds off the top five.

Read More: wrc.com/news/friday-wrap

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Al-Attiyah untouchable in SWRC Jordan fight

Qatari driver Nasser Al-Attiyah has been on scintillating form through today's first six stages of the Jordan Rally.

Determined to make up for his exclusion from the previous round of the series, the Ford Fiesta S2000 driver set about the Middle Eastern roads he knows well with astonishing speed and accuracy.

Such was his pace that by the second stage and just 30 kilometres of competition, he was 44 seconds ahead. One stage later at lunch and that gap was past the minute mark.

Only a misfire would slow the flying SWRC leader through the afternoon, but even with this engine glitch, he still carries a margin of close to two minutes into tomorrow.

Second placed Bernardo Sousa put it succinctly when he said: “There is Nasser’s rally and there is the other rally - I’m leading the other one!”

With such a margin over his peers in SWRC, Al-Attiyah has started to range his Fiesta against the turbo-charged World Rally Cars which were standing in his way. Running 10th overall, Al-Attiyah was ahead of numerous WRCs and hoping to hassle some of the cars ahead through tomorrow’s final day.

“It’s nice to be fighting with the World Rally Cars!” he said with a smile. “Today has gone well, except for the misfire. I think this has cost me around 45 seconds or something like that. The misfire has been all the way through the revs, it feels like the engine has no power some of the time. It’s been quite tough at times, but I’m sure the boys can sort it tonight.”

Read More: wrc.com/news/SWRC

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 2
    SS13: Loeb on a charge

The duel between the two Citroen Total World Rally Team drivers got off to an explosive start on the Jordan Rally’s second day of competition as Sebastien Loeb went fastest, taking 6.7 seconds out of team-mate Sebastien Ogier’s overnight lead of 31.6 seconds.

Loeb’s time of 8m30.6s was 3.8s faster than his closest rival, Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team driver Jari-Matti Latvala.

“I couldn’t have hoped for more,” said Loeb. “I’m just trying to go as fast as possible.”

“I wasn’t so happy with that,” said Latvala. “I lost time on the Tarmac section.”

Latvala had made set-up changes at yesterday’s lunchtime service after finding his Fiesta RS WRC nervous on the sealed surface areas of the course.

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss13

--------------------------

SS14: Fords to the fore

The Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team drivers went one-two for the first time during the 2011 Jordan Rally. Mikko Hirvonen was fastest with a time of 9m30.0s, 1.8 seconds ahead of team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala. Rally leader Sebastien Ogier, running first on the road and therefore sweeping the roads clear for those following, was fifth.

“We are finally finding some rhythm,” said Hirvonen. “It’s good. You have to push a little bit to make up some time. Yesterday it was so bad, we couldn’t do anything, now it’s much better.”

The result does little to bring Hirvonen closer in the overall standings - he is now 2m24.5s behind Ogier. But Latvala is just 2.4 seconds behind Loeb, who was fourth fastest on this stage.

“I’m trying too hard,” said Loeb. “I was in a ditch at one point.”

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss14

SS15: Latvala up to second

Mikko Hirvonen once again set the fastest stage time for the Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team, but it was his team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala - just one second slower - who took the biggest benefit from this stage. While rally leader Sebastien Ogier continued to leak time through running first on the road, Ogier’s team-mate Sebastien Loeb made a crucial error and dropped to third place overall. Latvala therefore moves up to second position.

“I was told I needed to find another gear today so this is good,” said Hirvonen. “For sure the road is cleaner now but there are so many rocks there now. I’m surprised we’ve had no damage to the car. The new tyres have saved many drivers on this rally.”

“It’s going strong,” said Latvala, who took six seconds out of Ogier’s lead on this stage. “I’m starting to be afraid that I’ll run out of kilometres. I really have to push.”

With just five stages remaining, Latvala is 19.7 seconds behind Ogier’s Citroen.

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss15

SS16: Loeb hits back

Citroen Total World Rally Team’s Sebastien Loeb delivered a timely reminder of his absolute pace on the morning’s final stage, going fastest of all with a time of 5m21.7s and taking 2.2 seconds out of Ford’s Jari-Matti Latvala, who continues to occupy second place overall.

“It’s a good time in this stage,” said Loeb. “But when it’s slow, we’re slow; when it’s quick, we’re quick. I don’t know if it’s the set-up of the car. We have to push to pass second position again - this morning was our chance and we lost it.”

“On these stages Loeb is incredibly quick but I’m still fighting,” said Latvala.

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss16

Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-16-2011 at 08:09 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Saturday midday wrap: Ogier holds diminishing lead

Citroen Total World Rally Team's Sebastien Ogier remains in the lead of the Jordan Rally after four hotly contested stages during the final day.

Running first on the road and suffering all the disadvantages that entails on gravel, Ogier saw his overnight lead of 31.6 seconds cut to 18.9 seconds.

Ogier’s team-mate Sebastien Loeb pushed hard from the off, but it was Ford’s Jari-Matti Latvala who moved up into second place after Loeb made a crucial error at a hairpin turn on SS15, the third stage of the day. Loeb missed the corner at a junction where the stage intersected with part of one of yesterday’s stages.

“I missed a stupid hairpin,” said Loeb. “It’s hard to see where to go. Now I have to continue to fight with the others behind.”

After mounting a comeback on the final stage of the morning, which will be re-run this afternoon as the bonus point Power Stage, Loeb now lies in third place - 1.8 seconds behind Latvala. “We have to push to pass second position again,” said Loeb. “This morning was our chance [to push for the win] and we lost it.”

While Loeb seems to be aiming his sights on second place, Latvala still believes he can win, even though time is running out. “I’m starting to be afraid that I’ll run out of kilometres. I really have to push. I can still make it.”

Petter Solberg stayed in touch with the leading trio throughout the morning without looking like making an assault on the lead. He is 8.1 seconds behind Loeb.

Latvala’s team-mate Mikko Hirvonen remains over two minutes behind the lead four, a legacy of running first on the road yesterday. He won two stages this morning but made the tactical decision to go more steadily on SS16 to finesse his pace notes for when the Power Stage runs there at the end of the day.

Read More: wrc.com/saturday/midday/wrap

Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-16-2011 at 08:11 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS17: Latvala flies, Solberg crashes out

Ford’s Jari-Matti Latvala signalled his determination to take overall victory on the Jordan Rally with a decisively quick time on SS17. Latvala brought his Fiesta RS WRC round the 14.16 kilometre stage in 8m15.8s, 4.7 seconds quicker than Sebastien Loeb and 8.7 seconds faster than rally leader Sebastien Ogier, slashing Ogier’s overall advantage to 10.2 seconds.

“It looks good,” said Latvala. “Honestly, I was pushing really hard. My heart was really beating because two or three times we were close to some big rocks.”

.....Behind the Citroen Total World Rally Team drivers, the privateer Citroen DS3 WRC of Petter Solberg crashed out. Mikko Hirvonen inherits fourth place overall in the second Abu Dhabi World Rally Team Fiesta RS WRC.

“I didn’t see anything of Solberg’s car,” said Hirvonen.

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss17

------------------------------

SS18:Flying Latvala closes in on Ogier

Jari-Matti Latvala threw caution to the wind in pursuit of his first WRC victory, setting the fastest time on the Jordan Rally’s 18th of 20 stages. The Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team driver took a further 4.9 seconds out of Sebastien Ogier’s lead, bringing the margin to 5.3 seconds.

Latvala arrived at the flying finish sporting damaged front bodywork, a signifier of how hard he has had to push.

“It [the damaged bumper] is nothing serious,” he said. “When I’m attacking I’m taking some risks and cutting more than usual and that’s where the damage has come from. It’s going to be tight. Unbelievable! I don’t know what I need to do [to win] but for sure I will be in charge.”

Ogier deftly balanced risk with pace to set the second fastest stage time, 1.6 seconds quicker than his Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb.

“I drove almost perfectly in this stage,” said Ogier. “Any faster than that would be crazy. It’s not pressure, I’m just trying to do my best.”

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss18

SS19: Latvala takes the lead

Another combative performance has enabled Ford’s Jari-Matti Latvala to take the overall lead of the Jordan Rally from Citroen’s Sebastien Ogier with one stage left to run.

Latvala posted a time of 14m09.1 in his Fiesta RS WRC on the day’s longest stage, 5.8 seconds ahead of Ogier.

“A really, really stressful stage,” said Latvala. “Ogier was good on this stage too. For sure I’m going to push as hard as I can on the next stage. Everything I’ve got I will give. This is a hard game.”

“There was a big rock on the road and I had to brake,” said Ogier. “I don’t know. It looked like somebody put something on the road.”

Ogier’s team-mate Sebastien Loeb dropped 9.1 seconds in the stage and admitted that he was struggling with his car.

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss19

SS20: Power Stage win for Ogier

Sebastien Ogier has won the Jordan Rally’s Power Stage in his Citroen Total World Rally Team DS3 WRC to claim three world championship bonus points.

Over the final 10.50 kilometre test, which was broadcast live on television, he was four hundredths of a second quicker than BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team driver Mikko Hirvonen, and a crucial 0.7 seconds ahead of Hirvonen’s team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala.

“It’s an amazing feeling,” said Ogier. “Jari-Matti was so fast today and I had to drive flat out. I’m so happy to end like this.

“We were full on it but I definitely gave it the best shot I had,” said Hirvonen, who takes two bonus points to add to his fourth place overall. “I’m a little bit disappointed with the overall result because yesterday I struggled, but today was better.”

Ogier’s team-mate Sebastien Loeb seemed to have settled for third place overall but gave it everything in the final stage as he tried to secure the full complement of bonus points. He fell 0.3 seconds short.

“I did a big mistake near the end of the stage,” said Loeb. “I went completely wide in the sand and it felt like I lost two seconds.”

Latvala dropped time in the middle of the final stage and at one point was 4.5 seconds down. An enormous push over the closing kilometres brought him to 0.7 seconds away from the leaders, but it was not quite enough to hold on to his overall lead. Ogier took the win by 0.2 seconds.

“I pushed very hard and if I lose I can be satisfied with second place,” Latvala said as he climbed out of his car. “I pushed as much as I can.”

Read More: wrc.com/jordan/ss20

BREAKING NEWS: Ogier wins Jordan Rally

Citroen Total World Rally Team's Sebastien Ogier has won the Jordan Rally by the narrowest of margins from BP Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team driver Jari-Matti Latvala.

The Frenchman, 27, came from half a second behind to set the fastest time on the closing stage and overhaul Latvala by two tenths of a second.

It is the narrowest victory margin in the history of the World Rally Championship - beating the previous record of 0.3s when Marcus Gronholm pipped Sebastien Loeb on the 2007 Rally New Zealand.

“Incredible,” said Ogier. “An incredible day. I had to push like hell today. It’s an amazing feeling. Jari-Matti was so fast today and I had to drive flat out. I’m so happy to end like this.”

Ogier started the day with a lead of 31.6 seconds after making a tactical gamble to go flat out on the final stage of the first day, risking the possibility that he would be hindered by running first on the road during day two. Latvala duly overhauled Ogier to lead by 0.5 seconds going into the final stage.

Today’s win is Ogier’s second consecutive victory in the 2011 World Rally Championship, and the first time a driver has taken a maximum score from a rally this year - with 25 points for the overall win plus three bonus points for leading the Power Stage.

Click: wrc.com/ogier/wins

Sousa takes maiden SWRC win in Jordan

Bernardo Sousa has clinched his first Super 2000 World Rally Championship (SWRC) victory after an exceptionally tough Jordan Rally.

The 28-year-old hit the front of the field after just five kilometres of the opening stage this morning, when he passed the stricken Ford Fiesta S2000 of long-time and runaway leader Nasser Al-Attiyah. The Qatar driver’s Ford has succumbed to engine failure and, while he battled on through the Yakrut stage, the white smoke from the back of the Fiesta told its own tale. He pulled over and retired.

“It’s very disappointing,” said Al-Attiyah. “We went off the start line and I felt the power going from the engine, in the end there was nothing and we had to stop. We had done everything we could on this event, but some times this is the sport and it can happen.”

Sousa was next into the stage and he admitted passing Al-Attiyah did affect his concentration. “My head was everywhere when we passed him,” said the Portuguese, “then at the end of the stage, we had a spin as well. We dropped about 30 seconds in there, it was tough, but I am really sorry for Nasser, nobody likes it when this happens.”

Read More: wrc.com/swrc/sousa/wins

Standings: wrc.com/standings/

Next: Round 5 - WRC Sardinia May 5-8 , 2011

Official Website: rallyitaliasardegna.com/2011/gb/

Italy returns to the World Rally Championship after a one-year gap with the Mediterranean island of Sardinia again playing host to all the action.

Organisers have used the time away from the global stage to tweak the route with the opening day based in the Oristano province in the west of the island for the first time.

The stages in Sardinia are characterised by their challenging and varied nature. Although they are predominantly fast and narrow, the terrain is a mixture of flat open areas and undulating tracks through woodland with water splashes and spectacular jumps thrown in for good measure.

Ordinarily the surface is hard with rock-strewn sections commonplace, while ruts will often form after the first pass. However, some parts of the route are on softer ground and can be prone to damage in the event of heavy rainfall.

New for 2011

Italy’s world championship qualifier begins with a visit to previously unchartered territory around Oristano and includes a remote service Siamanna. A ceremonial start on Olbia’s waterfront is also added to the itinerary.

Also the Debut event for Prodrive MINI WRC Team

Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-16-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    What?!?!?! I'm staying right by the Dead Sea now. If I had known, I would have gone and represented ClubWRX. Bummer.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38◊10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    What?!?!?! I'm staying right by the Dead Sea now. If I had known, I would have gone and represented ClubWRX. Bummer.
    the event just ended today that doesnt mean they still wont be packing up etc.......
    "All We'll Drive"

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.