2.5 sti short block swap

This is a discussion on 2.5 sti short block swap within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OK I am not getting the info I was hoping for on my last thread so I will try new ...

2.5 sti short block swap

OK I am not getting the info I was hoping for on my last thread so I will try new one. I just blew the head gasket on my 2002 wrx wagon, and after doing some research I have decided to do the 2.5 sti short block swap. Now I was hoping that some one could point me to some related sites or forums so that I can educate myself on this subject and not have to ask a million questions. From every thing I've gathered so far this is a very common swap, and I have a feeling there' lots of information out there on how to do it successfully. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is called a "hybrid build" - that'll give you better search results.

It's a fairly good swap - you run a weird CR which isn't good, and you absolutely MUST get a tune, but overall it's a way to kick a little bit more displacement into your car for not very much money relatively.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

I Support ClubWRX
    Get the heads machined to match; EQTuning offers this service for $400.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I am planing on sending the heads out to EQ as soon as I can get around to pulling the motor, and I was also wondering if I should just have my short block sent to them, so that they can bolt it all up, and set the timing. I don't have a lot of money to do all of this, but from what a friend told me, getting the heads torqued down, and the timing right can be very tricky if you don't have any experience with that kind of stuff. And I know I have asked this before, but I was wondering if anyone had an idea what a 2002 wrx wagon with 118,000 on the odo, a brand new paint job, and a very stock 2.5 hybrid in it might be worth. I still owe 4,000 and I will need to sell the car as soon as I'm done to try and recover any of my losses. Unless some one out there knows of a better way to get out of this car without losing a lot of money.