WRC Mexico Mar 3-6 talk/results spoiler**

This is a discussion on WRC Mexico Mar 3-6 talk/results spoiler** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Official Website: rallymexico.com/ The opening two events of the WRC season couldn’t be more contrasting. Following the high-speed blast through ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool WRC Mexico Mar 3-6 talk/results spoiler**

Official Website: rallymexico.com/

The opening two events of the WRC season couldn’t be more contrasting. Following the high-speed blast through the frozen Swedish forests, WRC crews make the first of two visits to the American continent for the fast rock-strewn stages of Mexico where high ambient temperatures and altitudes provide the main challenge.

A new addition to the WRC schedule in 2004, the Leon-based event is famed for its compact route and spectacular ceremonial start in the city of Guanajuato, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The start regularly attracts thousands of fans who will get to savour an extra treat this year with the first running of the Guanajuato Street Stage.

Measuring a little more than one kilometre in length, the stage will run through tunnels and high wall-lined cobbled streets with all the action recorded on a close circuit TV system.

New for 2011
    The Guanajuato Street Stage gets its first airing immediately following the ceremonial start on Thursday evening. Action at the Leon Racing Circuit will take place at night to appease those rally fans unable to take the day off work.

Click: wrc.com/calendar/2011/rallymexico/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Sebastien Ogier has gone fastest in shakedown for Rally Guanajuato Mexico, round two of the World Rally Championship.

The factory Citroen driver clocked a fastest time of 2m51.7s over the 5.13-kilometre San Juan de Otates stage held in hot and dry conditions.

Petter Solberg was second fastest in a similar Citroen DS3 WRC, two-tenths of a second slower than Ogier, despite being delayed by a steering problem. Sebastien Loeb, the winner in Mexico on the last four occasions, was third quickest in another DS3.

“We are happy for the moment,” said Citroen team manager Sven Smeets. “We tested in Spain before this rally but the conditions here are obviously very specific with the altitude and the general feeling of the stages.”

Solberg’s team boss Ken Rees said it was too early to say what had caused the steering problem but reported a frontal impact.

Despite his drivers trailing the trio of Citroen runners, Ford team chief Malcolm Wilson said he was satisfied with how his cars had performed in shakedown.

“Compared to where we were in Mexico last year this is very promising,” said Wilson. “We suffered a lot of damage in shakedown here last year and there’s no question the drivers weren’t pushing through the stage - and where the watersplash used to be.”

Dutch driver Dennis Kuipers hit trouble when he damaged the radiator on his Ford Fiesta RS WRC. “There was a dip in the road and we went over it full throttle in sixth gear,” said his co-driver Frederic Miclotte.

Shakedown was scheduled to run from 08:00hrs until 12:00hrs local time but was delayed by 57 minutes while the event organisers instructed groups of spectators standing at two corners to move to safe areas.

"There were too many spectators on two corners and Jacek Bartos [the FIA safety delegate] said they must move positions before the test could continue,” explained rally director Patrick Suberville. “Naturally we agreed with this decision and obviously helped to get the spectators to stand in a safe area. We normally get a lot of spectators for the shakedown but normally at the start and finish of this stage. This time they were in other areas."

Here are the Shakedown times of the leading WRC drivers:

1. OGIER. Citroen DS3 WRC. 2:51.7

2. P. SOLBERG. Citroen DS3 WRC. 2:51.9

3. LOEB. Citroen DS3 WRC. 2:52.9

4. LATVALA. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 2:53.3

5. OSTBERG. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 2:55.3

6. WILSON. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 2:55.5

7. HIRVONEN. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 2:55.9

8. VILLAGRA. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 2:56.4

9. NOVIKOV. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 2:56.5

10. H. SOLBERG. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 2:57.7

11. BLOCK. Ford Fiesta RS WRC. 3:00.4

Click: wrc.com/news/mexico-shakedown

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-03-2011 at 04:09 PM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS1

Petter Solberg will take a slender lead of two-tenths of a second heading in to Friday’s first gravel stage.

The 2003 world champion was fastest on the Guanajuato Street Stage in his Petter Solberg World Rally Team Citroen DS3 WRC, emerging through the short tricky city course in a time of 53.2 seconds.

However, there was despair for American Ken Block, whose Ford Fiesta RS WRC suffered a suspected mechanical failure in between crossing the ceremonial start ramp and taking the stage start.

"There was some sort of electrical glitch," said Block. "It happened first on the road section and it's just got worse."

Cheered on by thousands of spectators, Solberg was 0.2s faster than Sebastien Loeb on the stage, held under the cover of darkness, despite reporting nudging a wall in the tunnel section. However, the damage was restricted to a scuffed tyre and Solberg was able to make it to the finish line. “It was crazy in there with so many people, we had a moment in the tunnel but we’re okay,” said Solberg.

French ace Loeb, last year’s Rally Mexico winner and the defending world champion, said: “There was a great atmosphere, the stage was good and it was a very nice show.”

Sebastien Ogier, who took the third fastest time in his DS3 WRC, said: “It’s not rally but it’s okay with a rally car running inside an amazing city. We just drove in the middle of the road absolutely no risk. The real rally starts in the morning.”

Jari-Matti Latvala was fourth quickest in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC. He said he was delighted to have given the residents of Guanajuato a chance to see rally cars in anger through the city’s streets.

“It’s a nice stage for the people but it was very slippery although not as difficult as I expected,” said Latvala. “The fans are such an important part of the sport and these people may not have the chance to go to the [gravel] stages so it’s good they can see the cars in their home city.”

World championship leader Mikko Hirvonen was fifth fastest in his Fiesta: “It was very slippery and I was a bit all over the place but I’m sure the people were having a good time watching it,” said the Finn.

Read: wrc.com/news/ss1

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Ken Block will begin the opening day of Rally Guanajuato Mexico under SupeRally conditions and with a 10-minute time penalty for failing to start Thursday night's street stage in Guanajuato.

The Monster World Rally Team star was lining up to tackle the 1.05-kilometre stage when a mystery electrical fault grounded his Ford Fiesta RS WRC.

When efforts by Block and co-driver Alex Gelsomino to rectify the problem proved unsuccessful, the American duo were unable to go any further and their Fiesta was transported back to the permanent service park for repairs.

However, despite an extensive overhaul of the Fiesta, Block’s engineers and mechanics won’t be able to determine the exact cause of the failure until the car is returned to its base in the UK next week.

“Ken will start today with a 10-minute penalty, which is clearly not satisfactory,” said Ford team boss Malcolm Wilson. “We spent four hours last night changing all the electrical components as a precaution but there are some electrical components we can’t bench test until we’re back in the UK so we’re still none the wiser as to what caused the car to stop. It’s frustrating and it’s certainly something we don’t want to be happening.”

Wilson said Block’s car encountered a mechanical issue heading back to service following Thursday morning’s shakedown, which was subsequently addressed.

Block said: “I realise this is a new car for everybody and I’m prepared there will be some mechanical issues that happen. I was hoping it wouldn’t be me but unfortunately it was me.”

Read: wrc.com/news/block

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS2: Ogier fastest to take Mexico lead

Sebastien Ogier has gone fastest on Friday’s opening stage to move into the lead of Rally Guanajuato Mexico.

Driving a Citroen DS3 WRC, Ogier - who was running fourth on the road - benefitted from a cleaner road surface created by the cars running further up the order effectively sweeping away the loose gravel to reveal a harder and more stable surface beneath.

“It’s quite normal thanks to my road position,” said Ogier at the stage finish. “It was a normal stage, no problem. We missed a lot of power on this stage [because of the altitude], it’s so slow but it’s like this.”

World champion Sebastien Loeb was second fastest in his DS3 WRC. He said: “It was okay, no problem. We had a good stage, no mistakes. For sure it’s cleaning more and more and we see some lines but we don’t have so much power.”

Petter Solberg, who led overnight, has slipped to third in his Petter Solberg World Rally Team DS3 WRC. “It’s the first day so you have to be a little bit smarter,” said Solberg. “The lack of power is unbelievable but it’s the same for everybody. You have to work really hard to keep up the speed.”

Jari-Matti Latvala was the fastest Ford driver through the stage in fourth overall: “It’s not cleaning so much as we expected because we have less power with this car than last year,” said the Finn. “I could be going faster but we are the first time on gravel with the new tyres and the new car.”

Read More: wrc.com/news/mexico ss2

-----------------------

SS3: Ogier quickest again in Mexico

Sebastien Ogier continues to lead Rally Guanajuato Mexico but there was drama for Mads Ostberg who suffered a puncture.

The Rally Sweden star, running second on the road in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC, stopped approximately 13 kilometres into the stage with a deflated tyre. He was eventually able to complete the run but was more than four minutes off the pace.

Stage two winner Ogier was quickest once again by 1.4 seconds and now leads Citroen team-mate and multiple Rally Mexico winner Sebastien Loeb by 1.6s in the overall standings.

Jari-Matti Latvala was again the highest-placed Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver, clocking the third-quickest time. However, he remains fourth overall behind third-placed Petter Solberg.

Mikko Hirvonen continues to be hamstrung running first on the road in his Fiesta. The Finn is 30 seconds adrift of Ogier with one gravel stage of the morning loop remaining.

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS3

-----------------------

SS4: First stage triumph for champion Loeb

Sebastien Loeb has taken his first stage victory on this year’s Rally Guanajuato Mexico.

The defending world champion edged Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier by 0.4 seconds on the final gravel stage of Friday morning. As a result he has cut Ogier’s overall margin to 1.2 seconds.

“Ogier is very fast since this morning but it’s okay,” said Loeb. “I’m happy with the car and the balance. We have no power [because of the altitude] but it’s the same for everybody.”

Ogier reported dropping a few seconds in dust clouds created by Jari-Matti Latvala, who picked up a slow rear-left puncture approximately four kilometres into the stage. Nevertheless he set the second fastest time.

Petter Solberg recorded the third quickest time and remains third overall after hardening the suspension settings on his Citroen DS3 WRC, which is eligible for manufacturers’ championship points for the first time on this event.

Mikko Hirvonen, the world championship leader, was pleased with his run through the stage, the final one he will have to ‘clean’ in his role opening the road for the drivers running behind. “This stage went really and I was very happy how I drove on that one,” said the Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver.

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS4

-----------------------

SS5

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-04-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS6: Ogier back in front as Solberg slows

Sebastien Ogier has retaken the lead of a thrilling Rally Guanajuato Mexico after going fastest on the first repeated stage of the day.

Ogier, the Junior world champion in 2008, beat Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb by 1.2 seconds to open up a 0.5-second advantage in the overall standings as a technical problem dropped Petter Solberg out of third place.

But Ogier will be the subject of an investigation by the event stewards tonight after reporting that he accidentally skipped the regroup prior to midday service, driving into service instead. After realising his mistake he turned around and drove back into the regroup. However, he could be handed a time penalty for a possible infringement.

“I have to continue to drive fast as I have no choice,” said Ogier. “I found a good rhythm and think time is not so bad.”

Loeb reported losing half a second overtaking the stranded Petter Solberg, whose DS3 WRC suffered a dramatic loss of power and crawled through the test.

“It’s very close again,” said Loeb. “I think I lost half a second overtaking Petter but he was on the side of the road and was really fair.”

Solberg was at a loss to explain the nature of the technical glitch that has crippled his car. “I don’t know,” said the Norwegian at the stage end. “I can’t go on the throttle. It’s very bad when I think about the championship.”

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS6

------------------------

SS7: Ogier extends Mexico advantage

Sebastien Ogier has increased his lead over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb to 2.6 seconds following his fourth stage win of Rally Guanajuato Mexico.

Loeb was third fastest through the stage, two seconds up on leading Ford driver Jari-Matti Latvala, who was fourth fastest.

Latvala’s Ford team-mate Mikko Hirvonen was fourth quickest and maintains his grip on the final podium spot.

M-Sport Stobart driver Matthew Wilson started the stage in fourth overall in his Fiesta RS WRC. However the Briton’s fine run came to an end 11 kilometres from the start line. Wilson and co-driver Scott Martin are reported to be out of the car, which is parked by the side of the road.

Petter Solberg, who crawled through the previous stage with a mechanical fault and lost seven minutes in the process, managed to start Ortega 2 - albeit three minutes late - after he and co-driver Chris Patterson carried out roadside repairs to their DS3 WRC. He went on to set the second fastest time.

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS7

------------------------

SS8: Stage win for Loeb as Ogier keeps lead

Sebastien Loeb was fastest through Friday’s final all-gravel stage in Mexico.

However, crucially for Loeb, the world champion remains behind Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier in the overall standings.

With the running order for day two decided by the overall classification after stage eight, it means that Loeb will run second on the road behind Ogier on Saturday regardless of the outcome of the closing brace of superspecials in Leon later tonight.

Ogier, who is still the subject of a stewards enquiry due to a possible rule infringement prior to midday service, will be tasked with the tough job of cleaning the road of the loose surface gravel for the drivers running further down the order on day two. He said: “For the team it’s important to stay in the lead.”

Petter Solberg was third fastest behind Ogier despite reporting that the handbrake wasn’t working on his Citroen DS3 WRC throughout the stage. “There are some very twisty sections so this is very disappointing,” said the Norwegian.

Solberg’s older brother Henning Solberg said he lost “a lot of time” after spinning his Ford Fiesta RS WRC. Meanwhile, Jari-Matti Latvala was the fastest factory Ford driver through the stage in fourth overall.

Ken Block is reported to have stopped in the stage in his Monster World Rally Team Fiesta with a suspected mechanical problem.

Crews are now returning to service in Leon. The first of two superspecial stages at Leon’s race circuit gets underway at 19:45hrs local time.

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS8

------------------------

SS9

------------------------

End of Day 1 - SS10

------------------------

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-04-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 1 in 60 seconds click: wrc.com/video/=2019
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-05-2011 at 06:13 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 2

SS11: Loeb back in front in Mexico

Sebastien Loeb has retaken the lead of Rally Guanajuato Mexico after going 4.7 seconds faster than Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier through Saturday’s first stage.

Loeb’s advantage out front is now 2.4s over Ogier with Mikko Hirvonen still the top Ford Fiesta driver in third overall.

“It’s difficult to make a big difference but I’m trying hard and will keep pushing,” said seven-time world champion Loeb.

Running first on the road, Ogier had been expected to drop time but actually reported the stage conditions being less slippery than he had feared after setting the second fastest time. “It was quite slippery but the good news is we didn’t lose too much time,” said Ogier.

Mikko Hirvonen was far from happy after completing the stage with the fourth fastest time in his Ford Fiesta RS WRC. Running third on the road, Hirvonen had been expected to gain time on the factory Citroens but ended up losing ground. “I was going wide in the corners, I don’t know what’s wrong,” said the Finn.

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS1111

--------------------------

SS12: Solberg wins stage as Loeb grows lead

Citroen star Sebastien Loeb has extended his lead of Rally Guanajuato Mexico to 17.8 seconds, despite conceding the stage win to the recovering Petter Solberg.

Solberg, who dropped time on day one with an electrical fault, flew through the stage in his Citroen DS3 WRC, beating Loeb by 4.4 seconds.

Overnight leader Sebastien Ogier, who is cleaning the road of the loose surface gravel in his Citroen, could only manage the fifth fastest time but maintains second in the overall classification ahead of Ford Fiesta RS WRC ace Mikko Hirvonen.

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS12

SS13: Back-to-back stage wins for Solberg

Citroen star Sebastien Loeb has completed the final all-gravel stage of Rally Guanajuato Mexico this morning with a lead of 18.8 seconds over team-mate Sebastien Ogier.

Petter Solberg was once again fastest through the stage in his similar Citroen DS3 WRC to move into sixth overall, despite reporting losing a few vital seconds with no working handbrake.

“I tried really hard on this stage,” said Loeb, who was second fastest to Solberg through the stage. “Sebastien is very fast so I have to keep pushing.”

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS13

SS14: Loeb repeats Leon Street Stage win

Sebastien Loeb has repeated his Leon Street Stage victory of yesterday by going fastest through the short asphalt course close to the permanent service park in Leon.

Loeb, whose time was five-tenths of a second faster than he managed on the stage on Friday, grows his overall advantage to 19.7s to Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier as a result. Ogier, in an identical Citroen DS3 WRC, was second quickest.

Mikko Hirvonen was the fastest Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver through the stage, one-tenth of a second quicker than team-mate Jari-Matti Latvala.

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS14

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS15: Loeb hits trouble in Mexico

Sebastien Loeb will pick up a 50-second time penalty for starting stage 15 of Rally Guanajuato Mexico five minutes behind schedule.

Loeb completed the morning loop of stages with an advantage of 19.7 seconds over Sebastien Ogier, but will trail his Citroen team-mate when the penalty is applied after suffering a gearbox problem prior to starting the stage.

“We were really late on the road section because of massive traffic,” said Loeb. “We were at the starting line in the [allocated] minute but I lost the gears and couldn’t change the gear any more. We were in third gear and it was impossible to take the start in this position and we had to work a lot on the car. It seems we’ve fixed the gearbox connection with a part from the rear bumper. It’s okay now.”

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS15

---------------------------

SS16: World champion strikes back

Sebastien Loeb appears to be making light work of the 50-second time penalty he received for starting stage 15 five minutes late due to a gearbox problem.

The seven-time world champion began stage 16 24.1s adrift of Citroen team-mate Sebastien Ogier in the overall standings after the penalty was subsequently applied.

But a sensational run through the second Duarte stage means the 37-year-old has narrowed Ogier’s advantage to 10.4s with one gravel stage remaining on day two.

Although Ogier might prefer to drop behind Loeb to avoid running first on Sunday’s final day, nothing should detract from Loeb’s efforts to recover lost ground in his Citroen DS3 WRC.

But while Loeb was rapid, Petter Solberg was quicker still by going 3.9s faster than the Frenchman in his privately-run DS3.

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS16

SS17: Latvala gives Ford its first stage win

Jari-Matti Latvala has claimed the first stage win on this year’s Rally Guanajuato Mexico for the factory Ford team.

However, in the battle for the lead, Sebastien Loeb’s recovery from his time penalty suffered a setback when he stalled on the final hairpin.

As a result, Loeb was 0.9 seconds slower than Citroen team-mate and rival Sebastien Ogier through the stage, the classification after which will determine the running order for the last day of the rally.

Loeb is 11.3s adrift of Ogier with just the two day-closing superspecials in Leon remaining, a gap that Ogier might stand a chance of preserving, despite the fact he will have to run first on the road for the second day running.

“I don’t have any handbrake since the middle of second stage [out of service] and I forget it for the final hairpin and when I wanted to use it I had no handbrake and I stalled,” said Loeb.

Read: wrc.com/news/mexico_SS17

SS18

End of Day 2 SS19

SS18 and SS19: Loeb dominates Leon super-specials

Two runs through the superspecial stage at Leon’s race circuit have brought the dramatic action on day two of Rally Guanajuato Mexico to a close.

Sebastien Loeb went quickest on the first run in his Citroen DS3 WRC, 0.3s faster than rally leader and team-mate Sebastien Ogier could manage.

The seven-time world champion then took a repeat win on the second pass to trim Ogier’s lead heading into Sunday’s final three stages to 10.5 seconds.

However, the FIA, motorsport’s world governing body, has confirmed that a representative of car two (Ogier/Ingrassia) has been summoned to the event stewards this evening. It is understood that this relates to the events prior to the midday service on Friday when Ogier drove into service rather than regroup as required by the regulations. The meeting is schedule for 20:40hrs local time.

Read: wrc.com/news/ss18-and-ss19

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-05-2011 at 08:02 PM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 3: Block returns for final day in Mexico

The Monster World Rally Team ace retired on Saturday when he damaged his Ford Fiesta RS WRC’s steering and suspension striking a tree stump 13 kilometres into the second 23.27-kilometre Duarte stage.

“It was a right corner that tightened and I got a little bit wide on the first time through,” said the American. “I tried to keep a tighter liner for the second pass but there was this stump hidden from view. It caught it and it broke the steering arm and the track control arm.”

Block, who suffered a miserable start to the rally when he failed to tackle Thursday night’s Guanajuato Street Stage due to an electrical fault, continued: “The stage was going real nice for me and all day I’d been racing clean and having no moments at all. That it ended is one of those disappointing things, a bit silly because I wasn’t over-driving.

“Although we’ve not had the luck on this event my consolation is my times were only 1.1 seconds per kilometre off the top four guys and that’s the best I’ve been driving so far. I just need to minimise the problems and we’ll do okay.”

Read: wrc.com/news/=14284

-------------------------

SS20: Drama in Mexico for Ogier

The final day of Rally Guanajuato Mexico has got off to a dramatic start after Sebastien Ogier went off the road on the day’s first test.

Ogier started the stage with a lead of 10.5s over Citroen team-mate Sebastien Loeb but hit trouble approximately 13 kilometres from the stage start, breaking the front left-wheel of his DS3 WRC after going off the road.

Loeb now has an overall advantage of 1m37.8s with two stages remaining. Mikko Hirvonen moves up to second with fellow Ford Fiesta RS WRC driver Jari-Matti Latvala climbing to third.

“For sure I was not happy to see him there,” said Loeb after completing the stage. “It’s not so nice to have to push between team-mates but it’s my job to push and to fight for my championship I had to push him. I wanted to fight. It’s very important to take the car home now.”

Hirvonen and Latvala both reported adopting a low-risk strategy through the stage to preserve Ford’s healthy quota of manufacturers’ championship points.

Petter Solberg, who has elected to carry one spare tyre to boost his chances of winning the event-closing Power Stage, also said he wasn’t taking any risks as he looks to preserve his car’s tyres and avoid picking up a puncture.

Read: wrc.com/news/SS20

SS21: Second Mexico stage win for Latvala

Sebastien Loeb has moved a step closer to winning his fifth Rally Guanajuato Mexico after completing the penultimate stage of the WRC qualifier with his commanding lead intact.

The Citroen Total World Rally Team driver reached the end of the test 2.7s faster than factory Ford pilot Mikko Hirvonen, who trails the Frenchman in the overall standings by 1m40.5s.

Jari-Matti Latvala, at the wheel of a Ford Abu Dhabi World Rally Team Fiesta RS WRC, was fastest through the stage, his second scratch time of the event.

Read: wrc.com/news/SS21

End of Day 3: SS22:Hirvonen takes Power Stage win

Mikko Hirvonen has won the World Rally Championship’s second Power Stage after clocking the fastest time through the 8.28-kilometre Guanajuato test.

It was the factory Ford driver’s first stage win of the event and ensures he finishes second overall on the rally to extend his lead of the WRC drivers’ standings.

But while Hirvonen celebrated landing three world championship bonus points, Sebastien Loeb was left to bask in the glory of his fifth Rally Guanajuato Mexico victory at the wheel of his Citroen DS3 WRC, which was secured after the completed the Power Stage by sharing the joint second-fastest time with Petter Solberg.

Read: wrc.com/news/SS22

Congrats to Seb Loeb/Daniel Elena have won Rally Guanajuato Mexico for the fifth time. !

The victory marked the first triumph for Citroen’s all-new DS3 World Rally Car and was Loeb and Elena’s 63rd success at world championship level on their 140th start in the series.

SWRC

Click: wrc.com/swrc/

WRC Championship Standings:
    Click: wrc.com/standings/

Next: Round 3 WRC Portugal 24 - 27 Mar 11

New for 2011

With the exception of the new-for-2010 Santana da Serra stage and the three-lap superspecial in Lisbon, the competitive route remains largely unaltered.

Official Site: rallydeportugal.pt/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-21-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Thanks for all your updates! (now if you could find updates where Loeb doesn't make the podium that would be good too!)
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ------------------------

SWRC Update !

Nasser Al-Attiyah has been excluded from the results of Rally Guanajuato Mexico.

The Barwa World Rally Team driver completed the 22-stage event at the top of the Super 2000 World Rally Championship standings in seventh overall in a Ford Fiesta S2000.

However, a post-event scrutineering report issued by the technical delegate from the FIA, motorsport’s world governing body, stated that the fuel cell ventilation valves did not conform to the technical regulations.

After deliberation, the event stewards took the decision to exclude Al-Attiyah and co-driver Giovanni Bernacchini. It would have been the duo’s first win in the SWRC.

Ken Skidmore, whose respected Autotek Motorsport concern runs Al-Attiyah’s Barwa World Rally Team entry, explained that the car was in a damaged condition when it was purchased and rebuilt by his preparation company. However, he said that the team did not check the ineligible part during the rebuild process.

Skidmore confirmed that his team would not be appealing the decision. As a result, Martin Prokop, in another Ford Fiesta, inherits his first SWRC victory with Red Bull Skoda driver Juho Hanninen moving up into second place. Estonian Ott Tanak now completes the top three finishers in his MM Motorsport Fiesta.

Read: wrc.com/swrc/news/al-attiyah-excluded

"All We'll Drive"