Need Transmission Help

This is a discussion on Need Transmission Help within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I need help on a transmission decision. I posted this here, because I only want the opinions of serious track ...

Need Transmission Help

I need help on a transmission decision. I posted this here, because I only want the opinions of serious track day guys, time attackers, or wheel to wheel racers. I have an 06 TR that I race in NASA PTC. I blew the transmission and now need help deciding which route to go to replace it. The more I read the more I get torn on my decision. I will not be racing the rest of the year, so I have time to save money for all the different options out there. My car is at 240whp and 340tq. Due to class restrictions, turbo will never be upgraded so this is my final hp numbers. So, which route do i go?

RA Gears? PPG Gears? STI 6 speed swap?

Help me out. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What's your budget? FYI, RA gears aren't going to be much stronger than what you already had, so if it were me I'd rule those out off the bat. Also, 6-speed might not be the best for you because of weight and gear ratios.

Budget is hopefully under $4k. Why not 6mt? Seems like a lot of track guys do well with that transmission and gear ratios. Sounds like you are recommending ppg's.