F1 2011 Talk/Results etc - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2011 Talk/Results etc within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Too bad for Petrov,he was having a good race.But how about Quick Nick,he shut some mouths up.Looks like its going ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Too bad for Petrov,he was having a good race.But how about Quick Nick,he shut some mouths up.Looks like its going to be a season between Red Bull,McLaren & Renault.And Alonso's frustration seems to be showing.

Watching Indy car from Barber park.How about that two way communication between the drivers & the commentators.

Makes for a good wall paper

edit* or an avatar
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 04-10-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The funny part about Renault is looking at their improvement with respect to Alonso, who went on to greener, redder pastures, lost a title last year and can only ram people in retribution this year so far...

BTW, I could see someone somehow catching 20 m of air at max altitude 1 m or more on a traditional, European or American or African track like the ones I and many others love but FIA have excluded for safety reasons (read; because of Asian money) but on a new, oh-so-special, oh-so-modern Asian track? Weren't these tracks the panacea we've all been seeking?

Bring back Kyalami. I hear it's built up now, and Johannesburg has begun swallowing it. So much the better, it's now more convenient for locals. Please no more irrelevant circuits on the wrong side of the globe. Please Bernie.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Disappointed again with Ferrari. Alonso blew a 4th place and why was the pit crew so damn slow. Every stop was 16-17 seconds when everyone else was doing 11-12.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX

Circuit of the Americas.

The Austin track just got a name FORMULA ONE - F1: Austin Track Gets A Name
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Nice avatar rage.

I have tried taking that line in f12010 but no jumping.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    Lol.I'm not much of a gamer,but went out & got me a PS3 & started playing f1 2010 yesterday.Now I'm hooked.Next on the list is one of those racing seats.

It's difficult explaining to the uninitiated how dangerous that jump was.Any time one of those cars catches some air,things go very badly.Petrov could easily have broken his back.Or at least have a very sore ass.
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 04-12-2011 at 07:19 PM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I'm on my third season driving for Ferrari, last season it was red bull, first was lotus. I have the logitech driving force GT wheel and a makeshift cockpit, love it.
    I'm not a gamer really either, I only own 2 playstation games, F1 and GT5. If you get GT5 let me know and I'll send you some cars and good paint.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh yeah.I have the G27 racing wheel which I used to play Rfactor with, a couple of years ago.It had been gathering dust for a while.Thank you for the offer.Will take you up on that if I ever finish this game.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Webber stole the show. Good to see Massa fight well.

Who is Fernando Alonso?
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

This season is exciting, I can't believe I'm saying this but I think the FIA rule changes this season worked with the DRS and KERS.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    I think more credit is due to Pirelli, who may as well have not prepared at all for F1 and their stuff falls apart so everyone can compete.

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree with SD,Pirelli are bad at tire manufacturing for F1,thats why its a lot more exciting for the spectators.So who's complaining other than the drivers.

Alonso looks like he's ready for another team change.Maybe I missed it,but is there a team named Virgin racing in F1? LoL,Button was so smooth ,he slid into the wrong garage.

One of the best races we have seen in a looong time!
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't get me wrong, I used to love Pirelli!

The P7, PZero, and P700Z were ahead of their time -- and I'm dating myself but I'm old enough to remember when each was introduced, and I'm referring to the original versions of each!

However, Pirelli's current F1 effort is... well... classic Pirelli. We owe them the excitement this season. Without them, it'd be a bunch of initials and silly gizmos meant to do one thing (make F1 more watchable, so more profitable in the name of making it more competitive) but actually do another (make F1 more expensive, less competitive, and less interesting).

Now, with Pirelli having two of the wrong compound available for everyone at all times, it's almost like every GP is done in the wet. The rain used to be the great equalizer; now, it's Pirelli. Yay!

Where would Alonso go? McLaren, where he had such a good time a couple years ago?... Besides, 2011 is an aberration; by next year FIA will have figured out how to change the rules so Ferrari win again...

That said, I remain a Massa fan.

Pirelli have only done what was asked of them, what bridgestone refused to do.

Opinion: Best comeback? It has to be Pirelli | Badger GP
    Pirelli have met the mandate set for them by the FIA. That's the most positive point to come out of a Pirelli review is that they have ticked all the boxes asked of them. The last race that resembled what happened on Sunday was Montreal last year, which was the brief the FIA delivered for the Italian manufacturer. As mentioned in previous articles, they've gone against the grain of what a tyre company stands for; durability. And we, as entertained fans, can't thanks them enough. Michael Schumacher take note - this is how you make a comeback into Formula One.

Alonso has nowhere to go but Mercedes GP, he has burned his bridges at McLaren and Renault. He will stay at Ferrari until the FIA are able to get rid of the red bull dominance. I'm sure LDM is in talks with the FIA forming the 2012 regulation changes to suit their vision of a car that will beat the RB8. Problem is the RB8 will still have Newey, unlimited funds and a 2 time world champion in S. Vettel. That's going to be hard for anyone to beat.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.