F1 2011 Talk/Results etc - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2011 Talk/Results etc within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; No, no it doesn't. They never give up though. Sure the sport is still great but they went through some ...

I Support ClubWRX
    No, no it doesn't. They never give up though. Sure the sport is still great but they went through some very, very boring spells and lots of politics and crap. Now they seem to be just adding complications for the sake of adding complications, ostensibly to keep passing viable. I'm unconvinced.

My biggest complaint though is the tracks they chose lately. I know it's for $en$ible rea$on$ and everything but I can't get excited about new tracks in Asia. Meanwhile the one or two interesting, classic tracks in Asia, they've now lost from the schedule.

My ideal schedule would probably get me sued (some of the tracks are no longer "safe" even they have not changed, meaning they never were...) but it would be something like this, no particular order (but Africa should be first and Asia last IMO):

Kyalami, ZA

Albert Park, AU

Estoril, PT
    Jerez, ES
    Hockenheim, DE
    Spa, BE
    Monaco, MC
    Silverstone, UK
    Paul Ricard, FR
    Rijeka, HR
    Zandvoort, NL
    Imola, SM
    Monza, IT

Montreal, CA
    Hermanos Rodriguez, MX
    Interlagos, BR

Suzuka, JP

Just off the top of my head. Six continents without having to hold Grands Prix in the middle of the desert or the middle of the night, and tracks with some sort of historic significance. Sheesh... It's improbable they'd ever do this sort of thing again though, money talks.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 03-29-2011 at 08:59 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Vettel just tweeted (?!) about a meeting with Walter Roehrl. Since my time zone is nine hous behind them though I am going to sleep rather than follow.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Predictions gentlemen?I'm just waiting to see if HRT make it to the race.If they do,it will have been one the biggest improvements made to a car ever.Also, Mercedes should do better, or at least they say they will.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think HRT will make it to the GP, no. It was a miracle they did a lap last time. The problem is at least partially all the restrictions on development and testing that were intended to keep costs low and make F1 more accessible to teams like... HRT.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    For a team with last years front wing and only able to do one Instalation lap, they were faster than I would have guessed. They may be able to get a car on the grid if they have the new wing and participate in all 3 practices.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

I Support ClubWRX
    They have been using the Mercedes wind tunnel.They also have the new wing.Colin Kolles has reportedly hand delivered the new parts this time.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

But have they passed the FIA crash test?
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    But have they passed the FIA crash test?
    Yes,they did pass the test this week FORMULA ONE - F1: HRT Finally Gets To Use 2011 Front Wing
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I'm driving to Austin taking my dads pimped out vanagon and camping. Leaves me with lots of ticket money.
    As soon as the date is announced my wife and I are putting in for vacation time, so I will be getting paid to go.

Watch out virgin! HRT has a complete car.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Malaysian GP, Sepang - Friday free practice (combined)
    Mark Webber sweeps Friday sessions at Sepang, as McLaren again provides closest competition to Red Bull.

1. Mark Webber Australia Red Bull-Renault 1m 36.876s
    2. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 36.881s
    3. Lewis Hamilton Britain McLaren-Mercedes 1m 37.010s
    4. Sebastian Vettel Germany Red Bull-Renault 1m 37.090s
    5. Michael Schumacher Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 38.088s
    6. Felipe Massa Brazil Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 38.089s
    7. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 38.565s
    8. Nick Heidfeld Germany Renault-Renault 1m 38.570s
    9. Fernando Alonso Spain Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 38.583s
    10. Jaime Alguersuari Spain Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 38.846s
    11. Pastor Maldonado Venezuela Williams-Cosworth 1m 38.968s
    12. Rubens Barrichello Brazil Williams-Cosworth 1m 39.187s
    13. Vitaly Petrov Russia Renault-Renault 1m 39.267s
    14. Kamui Kobayashi Japan Sauber-Ferrari 1m 39.398s
    15. Sergio Perez Mexico Sauber-Ferrari 1m 39.603s
    16. Paul di Resta Britain Force India-Mercedes 1m 39.625s
    17. Adrian Sutil Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 39.809s
    18. Sebastien Buemi Switzerland Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 40.115s
    19. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Force India-Mercedes 1m 40.377s*
    20. Daniel Ricciardo Australia Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 40.748s/
    21. Timo Glock Germany Virgin-Cosworth 1m 40.866s
    22. Jarno Trulli Italy Lotus-Renault 1m 41.890s
    23. Jerome d'Ambrosio Belgium Virgin-Cosworth 1m 42.540s*
    24. Narain Karthikeyan India HRT-Cosworth 1m 43.197s
    25. Vitantonio Liuzzi Italy HRT-Cosworth 1m 43.991s
    26. Davide Valsecchi Italy Lotus-Renault 1m 44.054s*
    27. Heikki Kovalainen Finland Lotus-Renault 1m 44.886s

all times unofficial

* denotes driver setting time in first of two 90-minute sessions

Click: crash.net/f1/results/168192/1/malaysian_gp_sepang_-_friday_free_practice_combined

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

So it turns out that silver diffuser on the McLaren is actually a handmade titanium diffuser and not carbon coated in heat resistant material.

They were running a new carbon diffuser on Hamilton's car and the titanium joint on Button's car

Vettel snatched that pole right out of Hamilton's hands. Sonofa***** is fast.

I Support ClubWRX
    Lauda is correct about all the rubbish on the cars.

It would be better if use was free and best if use was banned.

Looks like Ferrari are having a retro 80s style season. There will be wailing and cries and gnashing of teeth. Woe unto the tiffozi.