F1 2011 Talk/Results etc - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2011 Talk/Results etc within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Surely Kubica would have been uo there fighting for wins with Vettel.What happened to Webber?Massa more & more looks like ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Surely Kubica would have been uo there fighting for wins with Vettel.What happened to Webber?Massa more & more looks like DC in his latter years.Button is as smooth as ever.Hamilton should take classes on how to drive a damaged car.MS really does seem to have lost it.Kobayashi is always entertaining.Petrov looked surprised & embarrassed to be on the podium & in the news conference.Barrichello is looking like a rookie(although the rookies drove better).I just became a fan of Sergio Perez.

Essentially not much has changed from last year other than the cars are faster.Maybe I missed it,but did somebody actually overtake with that DRS?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Kind of disappointing for Ferrari but it's just the first race. I don't know how Vettel is so quick it's just insane.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    The front wing on the redbull is flexing like crazy+talent.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Give Kobayashi a legal car! I can't believe the scrutineers did not check the sauber rear wing before the race.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman

I Support ClubWRX
    Wasn't that the same corner Reubens flew off the track twice on the weeekend?

T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Ruebens is a menace. He used to be so smooth.

I Support ClubWRX
    The whole Senna movie can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/user/BernieFO.../6/x7D51p0ZIN4
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The whole Senna movie can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/user/BernieFO.../6/x7D51p0ZIN4
    Afternoon now gone.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The lotus-renault looks just like many predicted black with gold wheels.IMO they could have avoided the red of "TOTAL" to give it a uniform look.
    Lotus-Renault Unveil 2011 Livery | Planet F1 | Formula One | Photo Gallery
    i think it looks good...im excited about hd as well..

So just over a year until F1 2012 United States grand prix in Austin.
    Who's going? I know I am. Fingers crossed for all new cars with Ground Effects.

I Support ClubWRX
    I will most probably be going too.Here is an article on the Austin GP .Its interesting to see what the start finish straight looks like now.http://www.formula1unitedstates.com/...icle030711.pdf
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    So just over a year until F1 2012 United States grand prix in Austin.
    Who's going?
    I would really like to go. I'm anxious to hear about pricing. The last word I had was that it was going to be far more expensive than Indy was; that would hurt my chances, since I already have to spring for plane, lodging, and maybe transportation.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I would really like to go. I'm anxious to hear about pricing. The last word I had was that it was going to be far more expensive than Indy was; that would hurt my chances, since I already have to spring for plane, lodging, and maybe transportation.
    There are rumors that the cheapest tickets GA would go for around $250,cheapest stands would be about double that amount.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Not inexpensive IMO.

In any case, as far as the actual racing this year, I think so far with what little I've seen I'd say all FIA have accomplished is adding development costs, complexity, and a bunch of initials but not making overtaking any easier than in the past. The whole "wing but only on this part of the track and only when overtaking" and "KERS to counteract wing" and all that is just plain ponderous IMO so far.

Why not let the cars race or something?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The FIA tries something every season but it never results in more passing.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.