F1 2011 Talk/Results etc - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2011 Talk/Results etc within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I hate to be the pessimist here but having worked with these type of injuries and from what the surgeon ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I hate to be the pessimist here but having worked with these type of injuries and from what the surgeon described Kubica's hand is in very bad shape.It seems the hand was partially severed.Seems like he was trapped inside the car for a while which made everything worse.Nerve damage is irreversible. It would be a miracle if full functionality were to be restored.The next couple of days are crucial to see if the operation was successful.Wish him a speedy recovery.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Yikes, I always enjoyed watching Kubica drive.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    from a uk scooby site and gry-online.pl pic of car :

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

oh man, I hope he recovers... Kub is the best young talent in F1

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Kubica recovering as Renault weighs potential replacements

The Lotus Renault GP team has issued another update on the progress of its star pilot Robert Kubica. The Polish driver, for those who haven't been following, crashed during the Ronde di Andorra in Italy on Sunday – just weeks before the start of the F1 season – and was airlifted to a local hospital where doctors treated him for multiple fractures and severed tendons in his right limbs.

With the bulk of the procedures now behind him, Kubica is conscious (some reports state that he was revived from a medically-induced coma), and conversing with his doctors as well as visiting relatives and colleagues. Later this week, Kubica will have to undergo additional surgery (for his right shoulder and foot), to be followed by another procedure a few days later. He's expected to stay at the Santa Corona Hospital where he has been since the crash for another two or three weeks, after which he'll likely be transfered to another location to rehabilitate, likely for between five months and a full year.

With his recovery underway but a long road ahead, Renault will need to find someone to temporarily take his place for the impending season. Although the team has both Bruno Senna and Romain Grosjean – both recent F1 drivers – on contract, the team is reportedly examining all of its options. Among them are Force India drivers Tonio Liuzzi and Nico Hulkeberg, both of which raced last season and have proven themselves competitive drivers. Liuzzi lost his seat this year at Force India, while Hulkenberg took a test-driver role with the team when he lost his seat at Williams.

Click: autoblog.com/2011/02/08/followup-kubica

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    Renault are in big trouble.They need someone with experience to develop the car & who on the current list of probables has experience developing a car.Nick Heidfeld should be the best bet at the moment.I wish all this talk about Räikkönen earlier had been true,but that seems like just a lot of hot air.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    While I'd love to have them give Senna a chance in what was the fastest car last week if It were my team I'd put Hulkenberg in there. Heidfeld is good but I dont think he has the potential that Hulkenberg does.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    "All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    No more F-150 jokes.Whats's in a name?Apparently a lawsuit.Ford is suing Ferrari for using the name of their truck .Who didn't see this coming?So Ferrari reacted faster than a pitstop changing the name to 'F150th Italia' .Very creative
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Onboard video of the car that followed Kubica in the rally,the accident is around 3:20.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    It has been confirmed that Nick Heidfeld will stand in for Kubica
    BBC Sport - F1 - Nick Heidfeld replaces Robert Kubica at Renault
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Ecclestone: Bahrain GP fate to be decided next week

Bernie Ecclestone: "If things stay as they are today, the answer is no. If it's not quietened down by Wednesday, I think we will have to cancel probably. If you are making travel arrangements, I'd say don't."

F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone has confirmed that a decision will be made next week with regard to whether or not to cancel the F1 2011 season opener in Bahrain, scheduled for March 13.

The viability of the event has come into question in light of civil unrest, with four people having been killed and several hundred injured in clashes between protesters and government security forces. The GP2 Asia Series event at the Bahrain International Circuit this weekend was scratched from the calendar in the interests of safety on Thursday [see separate story – crash.net/gp2/news/].

Speaking to Reuters, Ecclestone conceded that currently he is not especially optimistic.

“We'll make a decision by Tuesday or Wednesday,” he stated. “If things stay as they are today, the answer is no. If it's not quietened down by Wednesday, I think we will have to cancel probably. If you are making travel arrangements, I'd say don't.”

Earlier this week Ecclestone said that with the grand prix now less than four weeks away and a prior four-day group test planned at Sakhir for the beginning of March, 'the danger is obvious' [see separate story – click here].

Following that the organisers put out a statement to try quell fears that attendees will be putting themselves at any risk, although despite those assurances, the GP2 Asia Series event was still canned.

The BIC reiterated last night though, that they haven't given up hope of holding the event: "Our focus at the present time remains on delivering another successful event," said circuit CEO Sheikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa.

"We continue to monitor the situation very closely indeed in association with the relevant authorities. Our priority at this time is ensuring the well-being of everyone associated with this event, and we will respond appropriately to any further developments."

Click: crash.net/f1/news/166727

. !!
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Bahrain to decide if GP goes ahead

Crown Prince Salman ibn Hamad ibn Isa Al Khalifa to make final decision on whether the Bahrain Grand Prix goes ahead

Bernie Ecclestone has revealed that he will leave a decision on whether or not the Bahrain Grand Prix will go ahead to the country's Crown Prince.

The opening round of the 2011 F1 season is in doubt after political unrest in the Gulf state led to violent clashes between police and protestors – with a number of people killed and scores injured.

Ecclestone expects a decision on whether or not the event will go ahead as planned to be taken this week, although he hasn't ruled out the possibility that Bahrain could be moved to a date later in the year.

He does however insist that another event wouldn't replace Bahrain on its scheduled date to the logistical nightmare it would create.

Crown Prince Salman ibn Hamad ibn Isa Al Khalifa will now make the decision on whether or not it is safe for the event to take place.

"He will know whether it's safe for us to be there," Ecclestone told the BBC. "I've no idea. I'm not there, so I don't know. We won't advise people to go unless it's safe."

The Foreign Office has already advised against anything other than essential travel to the country due to the ongoing situation, while the teams have said they will back whatever decision is taken.

Click: crash.net/f1/news/166788/

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Barcelona F1 test times - day three: 20 February - 3pm

On a drying circuit in Barcelona, Vitaly Petrov moves to the front as the clock strikes 3pm
    Full lap times as of 3pm local time on the third day of the four-day test at the Circuit de Catalunya near Barcelona.

1. Vitaly Petrov Lotus Renault GP-Renault 1m 26.233s
    2. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m 26.819s
    3. Sebastien Buemi Scuderia Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 26.877s
    4. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1m 27.218s
    5. Nico Rosberg Mercedes-Mercedes 1m 27.793s
    6. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m 27.810s
    7. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m 27.819s
    8. Daniel Ricciardo Scuderia Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m 28.329s
    9. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m 29.774s
    10. Giorgio Mondini Hispania-Cosworth 1m 29.829s
    11. Narain Karthikeyan Hispania-Cosworth 1m 30.722s
    12. Felipe Massa Ferrari-Ferrari 1m 31.021s
    13. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1m 31.436s
    14. Jarno Trulli Team Lotus-Renault 1m 32.175s

all times unofficial

Click: crash.net/f1/results/166794/

"All We'll Drive"

I Support ClubWRX
    The Bahrain GP has been officially cancelled,the season will open in Australia on March 27
    BBC Sport - F1 - Bahrain Grand Prix off after anti-government protests
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT