Travis Pastrana and Michael Waltrip join forces to form Pastrana-Waltrip Racing Team
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Travis Pastrana and Michael Waltrip join forces to form Pastrana-Waltrip Racing Team within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yesterday we learned Travis Pastrana had officially left Subaru and has teamed up with Michael Waltrip to run a Toyota ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Post Travis Pastrana and Michael Waltrip join forces to form Pastrana-Waltrip Racing Team

Yesterday we learned Travis Pastrana had officially left Subaru and has teamed up with Michael Waltrip to run a Toyota in the 2011 NASCAR season. What we just found out, however, is that Pastrana is not simply a driver for the Waltrip team the two have joined forces to create Pastrana-Waltrip Racing. Running in the NASCAR Nationwide series, Pastrana plans to compete in seven races during the 2011 season, followed by 20 more races in 2012.

Pastrana's appeal could give NASCAR a shot in the arm by attracting a raft of new fans to the sport. His racing background is varied, but he has done quite well behind the wheel of a wide assortment of cars, including multiple stints at the annual Race of Champions. Typically, those events involve left and right turns, and thus, Pastrana has pasted reminders on his car not to turn right (seriously).

Click / Video: autoblog.com/2010/11/11/travis-pastrana

Press Release:

TRAVIS PASTRANA COMING TO NASCAR
    Creates Pastrana-Waltrip Racing To Own & Drive Nationwide Toyotas

CORNELIUS, N.C. - Travis Pastrana is coming to NASCAR in 2011
    After mining gold medals in the X Games, shattering jump records on both motorcycles and automobiles and starring as a cultural icon for the action sports world, the star of MTV's "Nitro Circus" is ready to turn his attention to America's most popular form of motorsports NASCAR.

Michael Waltrip Racing, Gary and Blake Bechtel and Pastrana announced today the creation of Pastrana-Waltrip Racing that will field cars in the NASCAR Nationwide Series beginning in 2011.

Pastrana-Waltrip Racing will focus on creating programs that expose the action sports world's fans and participants to NASCAR and develop youth marketing initiatives designed to create greater awareness of both sports.

Initial plans are for Pastrana to compete in seven NASCAR Nationwide races in 2011 and twenty races in 2012.
    "I've been following NASCAR closely for years as a fan of the sport with competing in the sport a life-long dream," Pastrana said. "I decided it was time to try and turn that dream into reality and with the help of the Bechtel family, Michael Waltrip Racing and Wasserman media group I'm now one step closer!"
    Pastrana-Waltrip Racing will field Toyotas out of the Michael Waltrip Racing shop in Cornelius, N.C. Waltrip noted the importance of the youth demographic Pastrana brings to NASCAR.

"Travis has built an enormous and unique following all over the world," said Waltrip, a two-time Daytona 500 champion. "As a race team owner, we are always looking for ways to deliver to our partners and engage our fans better. This is an opportunity to showcase our company and our sport to a new generation of young fans. We're also looking for that next big star. Travis already is one and action sports is full of talented athletes. Having Travis as a part of our program adds another great dimension to our team and NASCAR."

Travis Pastrana is one of the most recognized and celebrated athletes in the world. An action sports icon, Pastrana owns 16 X Games gold medals along with multiple supercross, motocross and rally championships in his career. Pastrana also created the Nitro Circus empire, which includes a television show, live tours and a soon-to-be-released feature film.

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Damn that was quick.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Damn that was quick.
    umm... no it isn't. Do you think he actually left Subaru before this was all hammered out?

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can make a crapload of money in Nascar.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    You can make a crapload of money in Nascar.
    If you're secessful, Ricky Carmicheal sure isn't. But he's rich anyway. I can see him being a real life Ricky Bobby.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

I'm looking forward to see what he can do. I watch a boat load of NASCAR every week and will be bummed in two weeks on e the season is over
    all killer ..... no filler

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck to him. He was always just a publicity stunt in the american rally series anyways, so hopefully he can make a better name for himself in NASCAR. Lot's of money to be made, and he's obviously following it, so good luck to him.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Good luck to him. He was always just a publicity stunt in the american rally series anyways, so hopefully he can make a better name for himself in NASCAR. Lot's of money to be made, and he's obviously following it, so good luck to him.
    Publicity stunt? Sure, and four championships was just "luck"

Quote Originally Posted by Chader View Post
    Publicity stunt? Sure, and four championships was just "luck"
    Pastrami fanboi.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    Pastrami fanboi.
    Yeah, and I wish I could polish his knob too

Honestly, I was expecting more Nascar hate in here, but instead everyone's been pretty level headed about it which is cool.

Deep down inside I'm pretty disappointed.

But him making a move in a completely different direction is pretty compelling for both him as someone willing to break the mold and nascar being worthy of it's popularity.
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by josnroh View Post
    You can spend a crapload of money in Nascar.
    There, fixed it for you.

Ya know, if you want to prove your weight as a driver, that is the place to go. But rides are not cheap. And I am sure there was no decision to make that switch without lots of money backing the choice. I say - good for him.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.