BMW returning to DTM in 2012

This is a discussion on BMW returning to DTM in 2012 within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; BMW has announced that it will once again knock fenders in the DTM. The company has said that it will ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool BMW returning to DTM in 2012

BMW has announced that it will once again knock fenders in the DTM. The company has said that it will make its way back to the race series for the 2012 season after a lengthy 18-year absence. The German automaker is in the process of restructuring its involvement in motorsport, and DTM is going to play a key part in that effort.

According to the company's press release, BMW has been in talks with DTM organizers for some time about future regulations and technical requirements. After it began to look like the brand would in fact be welcome in the series once again, BMW broke the news to fans at the DTM race weekend at Hockenheimring.

So far, it looks like the M3 will be the bruiser of choice for going toe-to-toe with the rest of the field, but as of right now, it's anyone's guess as to who will be behind the tiller when the green flag drops on the company team. Stay tuned and hit the jump for the full press release.

Click: autoblog.com/2010/10/15/bmw-returning-to-dtm-in-2012/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    More competition is a good thing,props to BMW.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red