Can we still use the '02 wrx SCCA memberships?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Can we still use the '02 wrx SCCA memberships? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; When I got my car, leafing through stuff in my glovebox, I noticed that I still had the original document ...

Can we still use the '02 wrx SCCA memberships?

When I got my car, leafing through stuff in my glovebox, I noticed that I still had the original document offering free SCCA membership for one year for wrx owners - somehow, none of the previous three owners ever bothered to fill this in.

Since I see no sort of expiration or anything, would I still be allowed to send this in for a free year's membership?
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    All they can do is say no - go for it.

That's how I got started in the SCCA. I waited a full year when I bought my WRX new back in 2004.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    I agree, try it and see. If they do say "no" I'd shop around instead of just joining SCCA if you want to auto-x though. There are local car clubs that sponsor events in CA, for example, that are cheaper, more fun, and with a lower-but-friendlier attendance.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I agree, try it and see. If they do say "no" I'd shop around instead of just joining SCCA if you want to auto-x though. There are local car clubs that sponsor events in CA, for example, that are cheaper, more fun, and with a lower-but-friendlier attendance.
    Maybe in California the "friendliness" issue is a problem with the SCCA clubs, but the OP is in NJ. I know that the South NJ and the Northern NJ chapters are both pretty cool groups of guys. Philly Region, too, is very outgoing.

I will echo what's been said already -- send in the paperwork, and the worst they will say is "no." Otherwise, if you're interested in joining SCCA on the cheap, there are a couple of options. If you're under 25, the First Gear membership is something ridiculously inexpensive, like $25/yr.

Secondly, if you go to two autocrosses as a non-member, you will have to pay for two temporary memberships, and depending on the region, that will be anywhere from $5-15 each time. Check ahead of time to see how much it is, because if it's only $5 or $10, it's worth it to do the temp membership thing twice, then submit your temp membership numbers to SCCA for a full year membership with a $30 discount ($15 for each of the temp memberships).
    Karen Kraus
    2005 SCCA FS Southeast Divisional Champion | 2007 SCCA DSL National Champion
    2008 SCCA ProSolo L1 Champion | 2009 SCCA ESPL National Champion
    2010 SCCA ESP Northeast Divisional Champion
    2006 WRX (ESP 34) | 1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (ESP 34) | 1997 Camaro Z28 (DD)

Interesting, someone at the last autocross I was at mentioned this program. I told them I had ordered a new WRX and they said I could get a free SCCA membership.

I hadn't heard of it recently so I am guessing it isn't being done anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Chader View Post
    Interesting, someone at the last autocross I was at mentioned this program. I told them I had ordered a new WRX and they said I could get a free SCCA membership.

I hadn't heard of it recently so I am guessing it isn't being done anymore?
    They probably aren't doing it anymore. Within the packet of documentation (warranty guide, tire guide, owners manual, etc.), there used to be a nice little thing congratulating on your purchase and a form to fill out to send to the SCCA.

I sent mine last week, no word yet.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.