Building a Stage Rally Car
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Building a Stage Rally Car within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i havent been much of a frequent Clubber but now that im building my 06 WRX that i rolled last ...

Registered User ProRallyWannabe's Avatar

"TheDub" Project Rally Build

i havent been much of a frequent Clubber but now that im building my 06 WRX that i rolled last March into a Stage Rally Car i was just wondering how many guys in the region are doing this aswell and how far along you are if not finished and racing

right now im in the process of stripping/prepping my interior for a roll cage that will be going in within the next month or so. im not planning on doing any seam welding cause it would cost me alot of time i dont have for prepping and money that i could be spending on other things like suspenssion and safty equipment.

ive replaced some pieces of my front clip that got damaged (still have a bit of welding to do on that). i have everything i need to get her back on the road and looking good but thats not really my goal. my goal is to get out on the stages and have some fun.

if there is anyone in the region that has any pictures of there cars rallying or just sitting (waiting for the next one) post up and let us see what your working with.

if anyone is interested, Prescott Rally is coming up Oct. 1-2 2010... check it out if your into it

if anyone thinks this thread sould be somewere else in the Forums let me know and go ahead and move it.

thanks, Cam (aka Cambo)
    Last edited by ProRallyWannabe; 05-31-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just a bunch of "street Queens? are ya?
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

I'm trying to get into it myself.. Only problem is my upgrades are slow in getting put on and I can't seem to find a good area up in the seattle area... Im dying to find a perfect spot for it but no one seems to want to help!
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

yeah, ive been doing all the work on my car in my 2 car garage by myself. when i first started i didnt know anything about my WRX except how to drive it. i hadnt even done an oil change on it myself. it will be cool to know what i did the whole build all on my own.

here are some pictures...

before i rolled it

after i rolled it

cut off the front end

pulled the engine and tranny

gutted the interior to put the cage in (havent put it in yet)

i replaced the damaged pieces of the front clip

i just resently bought 5 gravel wheels and tires

this is how she sits now

now im getting ready to take her to the frame shop to get straitend and then shes off to get the cage put in. then its time to put her all back together and put her on her first Stage Rally

stripped the sound deadening to prep for the cage. i bought some dry ice from the market and let it sit on my sound deadening till it froze and it came up pretty easy ...

Quote Originally Posted by ProRallyWannabe View Post
    stripped the sound deadening to prep for the cage. i bought some dry ice from the market and let it sit on my sound deadening till it froze and it came up pretty easy ...

WOW! I wish I could race..
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

Good luck in the build... but there's TONS of work to come.

are you planing on running pro rallies? or just rallyx?

if running pro rallying, look at the nasa or rally america rules books or you might get some surprises as you need to meet their rules / cage build / prep... all the turbo cars run on restrictors, etc....

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin2 View Post

if running pro rallying, look at the nasa or rally america rules books or you might get some surprises as you need to meet their rules / cage build / prep... all the turbo cars run on restrictors, etc....
    +1 ,

nice & good luck with your build etc

Also for info/help or questions, you may want to pm my good mate Billy (RS22b) on here also runs
    Team BrokenMotorsports

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/2678928-post3.html

and they also won 2wd in USRC at the Prescott Rally:
    Prescott Rally final for United States Rally Championship Success

Last edited by Weasel 555; 10-23-2010 at 11:55 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by BANSwee View Post
    1.Roll your car
    2.Buy back from insurance
    3. Tell wife
    4. Profit

Quote Originally Posted by Robin2 View Post

yes, im building the car for pro rallies and also alot of rallyx's for seat time.

thanks for the tips but ive already done alot of resurch on NASA and Rally America to build my car to meet there rules and regulations. i still have more reading to do but so far im on the right track. unfortunatly, i will be racing with a turbo and dont have any coefficiants to race a RA stage rallys so ill have to do events that dont require coefficiants to get to RA.

i have a couple cage builders that i can use (Kyle Jackson & Scott G.) that have build many cages to meet NASA and RA standards in my area. and im planing on getting it started by the first of the year. this wont be a halfass build so if you guys are interested in building one or seeing what it takes to build a stage rally car, hopefully this thread will be very helpfull.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    +1 ,

nice & good luck with your build etc

Also for info/help or questions, you may want to pm my good mate Billy (RS22b) on here also runs
    Team BrokenMotorsports
    thanks, i believe he is a member on DirtyImpreza.com. i saw those pictures there

thanks guys
    Last edited by ProRallyWannabe; 10-23-2010 at 05:26 PM.

i put the front pieces on to see how they would fit after replacing the pieces of my front clip...

not too bad

Subscribed. Cool build you have going.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    Subscribed. Cool build you have going.
    thank you, unfortunatly im trying to buy a house right now so the build got put on hold... i will update as soon as i start doing more work.

right now im attempting to reroute my brake lines to bypass my ABS with hard lines (ABS FTL!). all we have here in the states are Standard lines and fittings so im gonna have to get all creative with this one....

4.75mm (stock Subaru brake line) is super close to 3/16" so thats what im using for my lines, then im taking my stock fittings (metric) and using them were the standard lines meet the fitting that goes to the rear lines and were they meet the soft lines in the wheel wells. then im gonna used standard fittings on the stock lines were i have to use a standard T-fitting. kinda confusing but i think it will work. ill keep y'all posted on my progress. im still working on getting a good Double Flare *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by BANSwee View Post
    you can race man. just cuz you dont have a stage rally car doesnt mean there arnt any races you can enter. check out DirtyImpreza.com, they have all the RallyX sceduals for all the regions... its just like autocross but on dirt

+1 Subscribed
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast