Building a Stage Rally Car - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Building a Stage Rally Car within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; sorry about the unemployed thing it is tough out there now and i know how it goes sometimes life gets ...

sorry about the unemployed thing it is tough out there now and i know how it goes sometimes life gets in the way of fun =/
    enough power?, never!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User ProRallyWannabe's Avatar
    well, for a little update, she started over heating on me at after the dry lake bed race because i had a couple hoses swapped (the hoses that run over the stock intake box into the upper reservoir). i put them back and was still having an overheating problem. lead me to think i had a blown head gasket. now, ive burped the system and pulled the thermostat and she is not heating up over normal running temperature. my next race isnt till March so im gonna put my thermostat back in and burp it really good and see if she over heats... if that doesnt fix the problem, im gonna pull the motor and have the heads redone.
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

i just pulled my engine Thursday night so i can have my HG's done

i started stripping the engine today... spent about 3 hours on it

im hoping to have it ready for the first rallycross of the season on March 31st... it can be done lol
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

well, i got the car put back together

i also attended the National Challenge Rallycross at Glen Helen Motorsports Track in Southern California

here are my 6 laps (5/19/2012)

Lap 1 Glen Helen National Chalenge - YouTube

Cameron Meng Lap 2 Glen Helen National Chalenge - YouTube

Cameron Meng Lap 3 Glen Helen National Chalenge - YouTube

Cameron Meng Lap 4 Glen Helen National Chalenge - YouTube

Cameron Meng Lap 5 Glen Helen National Chalenge - YouTube

Cameron Meng Lap 6 Glen Helen National Chalenge - YouTube

i took 6th on Saturday (5/19/2012) and 5th on Sunday (5/20/2012) and 5th place for the weekend comined
    Last edited by ProRallyWannabe; 05-24-2012 at 06:01 PM.

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    great videos, that looks like a ton of fun!

i washed her today

living my dream.
    keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance1218 View Post
    living my dream.
    keep up the great work.
    Subscibed! Chance, he isn't just living your dream! Just reading this thread makes me want to pick up an old rotted impreza to start a project like this with. I wish i had a garage!

Prorallywannabe, lol you name needs to be changed to soontobeprorally! Congrats on the amazing progress!

Quote Originally Posted by STIdreamn View Post
    Subscibed! Chance, he isn't just living your dream! Just reading this thread makes me want to pick up an old rotted impreza to start a project like this with. I wish i had a garage!
    ya I am getting some friends together.. found a $18,000 06" STi with 120,000 miles on it... I'm planning on going to Dirt Fish Rally School.. lol this has re-inspired me. :P

I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet build thread
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

ya I am getting some friends together.. found a $18,000 06" STi with 120,000 miles on it... I'm planning on going to Dirt Fish Rally School.. lol this has re-inspired me. :P
    Hey, I found one shopping last night with less miles that's on a salvage title at a stealership, you know you want to get in on that lol.

Cars for Sale: 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX STI in Bedford, OH 44146: Sedan Details - 320860097 - AutoTrader.com

Build a rally car from a stealership mystery machine? What's the worst that could go wrong? I mean come on, they assure you that the engine and transmission work, and it starts and drives - for 17k what more can ya ask?! lol. I bet you could get that car for 12k

OP, awesome thread, amazing life you're living, and I'm really jealous of you right now. My only requirement when I look for a house is extra garage space and/or a steel building, so that I can live this same dream haha.

Keep us posted on what happens with this thing! Any suspension upgrades yet?
    I want to fill my parking spot with WRX Why won't Subaru let me?!

Photo Nerd #42/dowehaveaclubforthis?

Nice! I wish my friends had some extra doe laying around! Id be doing the same thing! I am starting to look into Team O'neil Rally school and car control classes.
    LOL prorallywannabe is inspiring alot of people now! Thanks

Awesome'ness,just puure awesome'ness!

Cam you washed the dub? WTF is wrong with you.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast