Building a Stage Rally Car - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Building a Stage Rally Car within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ProRallyWannabe yeah, ive been doing all the work on my car in my 2 car garage by ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ProRallyWannabe View Post
    yeah, ive been doing all the work on my car in my 2 car garage by myself. when i first started i didnt know anything about my WRX except how to drive it. i hadnt even done an oil change on it myself. it will be cool to know what i did the whole build all on my own.

here are some pictures...

before i rolled it

after i rolled it

Sorry, I LOLd a little at what you said..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User ProRallyWannabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Just read the whole thread from the beginning. Super cool project, definitely keep updating!!

As far as competing in these events without having a car built specifically for it... is there anything that is a required upgrade over a stock car? Is there much of a risk of wrecking your car? It looks like a blast but I can't afford to take too many risks with my car.

... not looking to be competitive or anything, just looks like a ton of fun to rally some dirt corners.
    you can do these events in a stock car. they have stock classes that run earlier then the rest of the MOD and PREP classes so the track is still fresh. its very rare for someone to wreck there car at a RallyX event so if your interested in finding some events in your area, check out DirtyImpreza.com but if you do one event, it wont be your last lol its addicting

Quote Originally Posted by kbrownmann View Post
    This is the best thread on club dub. I can't wait for more updates. Did you have to change your brakes to make the rally wheels fit.
    thanks Kbrown, i didnt have to change my brakes simply because i dont have the Brembo's... 15" x 6.5" rally wheels fit over the stock WRX calipers.
    Last edited by ProRallyWannabe; 04-24-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Sorry, I LOLd a little at what you said..
    lol all i can say about that is even the pro's make mistakes, there is only one way to find your limits and that's hitting them

there are rally drivers that have rolled and other ones that are gonna roll. ive got my first one out of the way
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

here are some photo's from last weekends RallyX the reason there are 2 numbers on my car is because i shared it with a buddy cuz his STi is out of commission

and one more of my buddy "HOONING" way off line lol

Awesome thread!!!

Subscribed!

Great work! I wish I had the knowledge and resources to do what you are doing.

very nice, sorry to hear you rolled it, but glad to see you've made a hobby out of it.
    i'm not even old enough for my first car, 16 and getting my license in a few months, for i really wanna try out rally, and rallyX. i've been a rally addict, just cause the go fast, get your car dirty style.

is it hard to get into? or is it just a get there, sign up, race. type deal?

Quote Originally Posted by SRAM View Post
    Awesome thread!!!

Subscribed!

Great work! I wish I had the knowledge and resources to do what you are doing.
    it doesnt take much man, with the help from the forums i just did it. it takes alot of dedication and commitment... and money.

Quote Originally Posted by KNaph View Post
    very nice, sorry to hear you rolled it, but glad to see you've made a hobby out of it.
    i'm not even old enough for my first car, 16 and getting my license in a few months, for i really wanna try out rally, and rallyX. i've been a rally addict, just cause the go fast, get your car dirty style.

is it hard to get into? or is it just a get there, sign up, race. type deal?
    check it out, if you want to get into this type of thing i suggest you buy an old GC like a FWD N/A Impreza and go from there. not many people get a brand new Subaru, roll i i and get to do what im doing.

RallyX is a "run what you brung" type of thing so if you start with a FWD car you can get the feel of what its like to race on dirt before you try to be a hero and race a AWD turbo your first time. if you like the Rally scene then you should definitely check out DirtyImpreza.com, there is lots of info about rally there

thanks for the info, my favorite model is the GC's so maybe i'll get my favorite car, and make it a part time rally-er

sounds like fun times. lol i should rally my dads Accord before i let my future GC hit the dirt.

hahaha yeah, people race there daily drivers all the time. the stock class is really mellow

this is a video of a fun lap after the race

YouTube - CaliforniaRallycross's Channel

Haha, I'm surprised you attached it to the front fender, and you could see the whole bumper wanting to come off!! Really sweet video, though. Great job!
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

haah the bumper just falls off and pops back up. looks like fun. i gotta hurry up and take my licensing tests so i can do this.. haha

she is in some desperate need of some Zip-ties lol

right now i have the radiator out to replace it with one that actually keeps my engine cool... after a couple runs, i opened my hood and i could hear the coolant boiling. im also getting ready to cut a hole in my roof for a sweet roof scoop/vent

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Looks like a whole lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ProRallyWannabe View Post
    im also getting ready to cut a hole in my roof for a sweet roof scoop/vent
    i never really got what those do exactly?

The roof vents were put stock on spec.c cars because they also had no air conditioning. They let cold air into the cabin from the speed of the car, without too much air from say the windows.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.