Building a Stage Rally Car - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Building a Stage Rally Car within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i see its coming along nicely and nice job on the flappers...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    i see its coming along nicely and nice job on the flappers
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User ProRallyWannabe's Avatar
    so, i did my first rallycross last weekend and i had to race with the "Rally" group which is the "Big Dawgs" due to being completely gutted w/ rally tires

i finished 8th out of 13 drivers which is good for my first time if you ask me... being in the Rally group and not driving this car in about 1 year. the car performed incredible but i know i can do better

here are some photos...

"Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

Looking good!
    What kind of suspension does the car have right now?
    Is the car diving really hard in this corner/image or is the car going over a mound on the right side (of the car)?

Quote Originally Posted by ProRallyWannabe View Post
    o.O

this does not look good. Not good at all...

nice car - just don't wreck it!
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

my suspension is stock and it feels fine. there is a huge rut that my left front tire is in. i took that line intentionaly cuz it was fast if you could get your tires in that rut. and it looks like i had just gotten back on the gas, thats why all the dirt is flying up
    Last edited by ProRallyWannabe; 02-16-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

Nice action shots! Looks like you were 2 or 3 wheeling in a couple of spots. I can't see how that wouldn't be an absolute blast.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    Nice action shots! Looks like you were 2 or 3 wheeling in a couple of spots. I can't see how that wouldn't be an absolute blast.
    i might be on 3 wheels coming into this corner a couple times... the same corner that y'all though wasnt good. you can see the rut i was talking about too...

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    nice car - just don't wreck it!
    i already rolled it man, i dont give a fck if i wreck now... "When in doubt... FLAT OUT!!!"

i might be on 3 wheels coming into this corner a couple times... the same corner that y'all though wasnt good. you can see the rut i was talking about too...
    Wasn't a criticism, I just love seeing rally cars getting sideways, off camber, skidding, sliding, spewing mud/snow/slush/dirt. I lose track of time watching Pat Richard videos on youtube sometimes, "let's watch that jump again in slow mo"
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

oh yeah, its all good man, i didnt take it as criticism. i was just posting another photo for ya i lose track of time watching those videos too

thanks everyone for taking the time to check out my build thread... i like when people chime in and give me there suggestions and comments. its been a fun/endless project so far

this passed weekend we had a local So Cal rallycross at Glen Helen and it was a blast (like always). this was my second rallycross and i was determined to do better then the first one (8th out of 11 cars). my goal was to make top 5 or at least in the top half. buuutttt, things went a little better then i expected... apparently my driving skills got a little better from last time and i ended up taking 1st place on Saturday and Sunday

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome! Congrats!

Just read the whole thread from the beginning. Super cool project, definitely keep updating!!

As far as competing in these events without having a car built specifically for it... is there anything that is a required upgrade over a stock car? Is there much of a risk of wrecking your car? It looks like a blast but I can't afford to take too many risks with my car.

... not looking to be competitive or anything, just looks like a ton of fun to rally some dirt corners.

This is the best thread on club dub. I can't wait for more updates. Did you have to change your brakes to make the rally wheels fit.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    this passed weekend we had a local So Cal rallycross at Glen Helen and it was a blast (like always). this was my second rallycross and i was determined to do better then the first one (8th out of 11 cars). my goal was to make top 5 or at least in the top half. buuutttt, things went a little better then i expected... apparently my driving skills got a little better from last time and i ended up taking 1st place on Saturday and Sunday

Awesome Congrats
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast