Building a Stage Rally Car - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Building a Stage Rally Car within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Crb03 Subscribed. Originally Posted by MakeItRoar +1 Subscribed thanks guys. if i didnt get anyones intrest, i ...

Registered User ProRallyWannabe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crb03 View Post
    Subscribed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItRoar View Post
    +1 Subscribed
    thanks guys. if i didnt get anyones intrest, i wont waist my time on updating
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ProRallyWannabe View Post
    thanks guys. if i didnt get anyones intrest, i wont waist my time on updating
    Subscribed... Keep 'em coming

I'm always interested...keep the updates coming!

i love projects, lookin good so far subscribed
    enough power?, never!

Quote Originally Posted by ProRallyWannabe View Post
    thank you, unfortunatly im trying to buy a house right now so the build got put on hold... i will update as soon as i start doing more work.

right now im attempting to reroute my brake lines to bypass my ABS with hard lines (ABS FTL!). all we have here in the states are Standard lines and fittings so im gonna have to get all creative with this one....

4.75mm (stock Subaru brake line) is super close to 3/16" so thats what im using for my lines, then im taking my stock fittings (metric) and using them were the standard lines meet the fitting that goes to the rear lines and were they meet the soft lines in the wheel wells. then im gonna used standard fittings on the stock lines were i have to use a standard T-fitting. kinda confusing but i think it will work. ill keep y'all posted on my progress. im still working on getting a good Double Flare *sigh*
    Interesting, I've heard something a little similar to this on a 240 drift car a kid in my old alignment class had. Couple pics would be awesome.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Couple pics would be awesome.
    will do, i've already pulled the ABS out and routed some of the lines to the fire wall but ill kinda explaine what i did and ill post pics as i go... right now im working on pulling all the lines so i can cut them, put standard fittings on them and re-flare the ends so i can connect them to my standard T-fittings i bought
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

so first i pulled out the ABS unit that was right here...

then i pulled all the hard lines out (there are more than this)

these are the lines that go to the rear wheels (i dont know which one is which yet)

these are the new lines that im test fitting to find out were im gonna "T" off from. they might not be going this way but i figured id try something to get started

this is an OEM line from the master cylinder that i rerouted to the fire wall this way i can put a t-fitting so this line will supply the fluid for the right rear and the left front. i will route the other line that comes from the master cylinder along side this one to supply the left rear and right front
    Last edited by ProRallyWannabe; 11-27-2010 at 06:27 PM.

damn, sorry guys. its been a while... well, i got my brake lines done and bled with no leaks. i put my engine back in and my old tranny just cuz i had to have it on to support the engine. ill post some photos up soon

good choice on going to jackson, he does some AMAZING work. ive seen a few of his cars and trucks hes built and they are nothing less then immaculate. im into the offroad scene so I have followed a few of his builds on dezertrangers.com
    build is looking great cant wait to see it come together. goodluck!

yeah, ive known Kyle for about a year now and ive seen a few of his projects and just seeing those, i dont want anyone else to build my cage

here is an update...

i prepped the (4) corners on the floor for the cage which isnt going in till the end of the year if im lucky

i finished my ABS delete by rerouting my brake lines

i put my engine, tranny, radiator, wiring harness (udter the hood), fuse box and drivers seat

Looking good. Are you extending the wheel wells?
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Looking good. Are you extending the wheel wells?
    no, im not doing any major mods on the car just yet. im gonna be moving into a new house as soon as escrow closes. this is why my cage isnt in yet i dont have the money right now. im setting the car up for RallyCrosses to get seat time so once i am ready for my cage, suspension, seats, and all interior safety nick nacks i should be ready to start the "Stages"

i got her running this week without a check engine light.

0120111507.mp4 video by TheCambo - Photobucket

i still need a windshield but next is to save money for the cage, seats, susspension and safety equipment

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    subscribed!

sorry ive been slacking on updating this thread but it kinda sux that i can go full stage yet which is probably a good thing cuz i need to get some seat time in

anyways, she is ready for her and my first rallycross which is this weekend in So Cal so ill let y'all know how that goes... here are a few photos

new windshield

new skid plate

a little amiture stencel work on the hood

cut out some mud flaps from a 4' x 4' sheet of plastic

installed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.