I've read quite a few threads on prepping for my first Auto-X, and wanted a general summary of what I've read in order to compile a prep check list.
(I'm going to be driving my daily driver '07 WRX Wagon that's currently bone stock except for wheels/tires)
So, from my understanding (and inherit thoughts), to get ready for my first Auto Cross event (coming October 2-3), I need to:
1. Check tires, suspension, everything else. It's a daily so this is basically covered - the car's running great, feels great, stops great, etc.
2. Air up the tires to 38 all around.
3. Remove spare tire and gear - anything from the interior really.
4. Change oil and install K&N air cleaner (current cleaner is dirty anyway).
5. I'm also going to perform the DIY intake silencer delete.
6. Grab my gear - jeans, a long sleeve, and my helmet.
7. Alignment - 1.5* front camber, stock rear camber, 0 toe.
Other than that, considering that my wheel/tire set up puts me in the Street Touring class, any last minute, affordable mods to do? I know that my suspension will be a major handicap. I'll be addressing that over the winter.
I think I've located an '02 sedan rear sway so I'll install that with new bushings.
Considering I have a few hundred to spend on last minute mods, what should I do? What would help me the most? Short shifter? Better sway? Whiteline Com Cs?
Just looking for some advice to get me out on the track, and back home with the best results my first time out.