Hit up the 1/8 last night.

This is a discussion on Hit up the 1/8 last night. within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Took it easy on the launches and it shows on my 60 ft. But overall it was fun and i ...

Hit up the 1/8 last night.

Took it easy on the launches and it shows on my 60 ft. But overall it was fun and i got a good baseline for my car stock on 93 octaine.

I did 4 runs and this was my best time:
    DA: 1710 / 73 F

60': 2.120 =(
    330: 5.778
    1/8: 8.851
    MPH: 80.24

I am pretty sure if i got my 60' below 2.0 i would get some braggable times. But i didn't want to drop the clutch right after Subaru just replased it 2k miles ago.

A suprise was when i ran a new SS. He got me off the line and had about a car on me and i sucked him up and got my nose right infront just before the end. After i parked, i popped the hood so the engine could cool off a bit before i ran again and walked up. I saw him walking up to my car and looking allover the engine bay (I was on the bleachers talking with a buddy). I don't know if he was just interested in the car or wondering what just happened.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    I don't know if he was just interested in the car or wondering what just happened.
    He was probably irritated that he lost and was trying to find something under the hood for an excuse as to why he lost lol then he saw that it's all stock and hated himself for buying the ss
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

I just remembered that i never turned off TC. ... I just forgot. I bet that would have helped also...

I just remembered that i never turned off TC. ... I just forgot. I bet that would have helped also...
    Unlikely, since you didn't drop the clutch, as you said.

Now go try a '11 Gt in stock form Not bad times, a 1/8 time isnt worth a new clutch or tranny to most people(myself being 1).
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by stascom View Post
    Unlikely, since you didn't drop the clutch, as you said.
    You dont have to drop the clutch for TC to kick in. When i drive around town, just by taking off a little hard at a light i can feel TC kicking in. I was a little nervous, so i dont think i would have realized it was kicking in. I have hit 1.8-2.0 sec 60 ft on my AP and a GPS app on my droid. Before you discredit those 2 devices i had them running at the track and they were within a 2 tenths of a sec each time, and they nailed my trap time each run i comapred.

Not too bad. Sounds like a fun night.
    And you are probably wise about being light on the thing after warranter work.
    We had to run 1/8th too this weekend. What I would have done for those conditions though. We were 7880 DA.

You dont have to drop the clutch for TC to kick in. When i drive around town, just by taking off a little hard at a light i can feel TC kicking in. I was a little nervous, so i dont think i would have realized it was kicking in. I have hit 1.8-2.0 sec 60 ft on my AP and a GPS app on my droid. Before you discredit those 2 devices i had them running at the track and they were within a 2 tenths of a sec each time, and they nailed my trap time each run i comapred.
    My AP is the only way my car see's a 1/4 or 1/8 mile run. On a perfect 3 mile long road a few miles from my house, its a Private Road so never a car in sight, but deer... gotta watch those I have seen a few. Luckily I drive like a respectable driver 95.6% of the time and I was able to stop and honk at it. I think iPhone has a decent 1/4 mile app also.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq