Successful bio natural gas Cup-Scirocco R

This is a discussion on Successful bio natural gas Cup-Scirocco R within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Successful bio natural gas demonstration with the Cup-Scirocco R From VW via World Car Fans: 2010 ADAC Rally Germany Wolfsburg ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool Successful bio natural gas Cup-Scirocco R

Successful bio natural gas demonstration with the Cup-Scirocco R

From VW via World Car Fans:

2010 ADAC Rally Germany

Wolfsburg (August 22, 2010). An eco-conscious vehicle, a small comeback and a convincing performance: the Cup-Scirocco R demonstrated climate-friendly motorsport “powered by bio natural gas” as the course-opening car at the Germany Rally.

The car that was modified for rally requirements and that normally stands for gripping circuit racing action was piloted by WRC returnee Carlos Sainz (Spain) and Nasser Al-Attiyah (Qatar) – the winner and the runner-up of the past Dakar Rally with Volkswagen. In the passenger’s seat they were navigated by their respective “Dakar” co-drivers: Lucas Cruz (Spain) and Timo Gottschalk (Germany). Thanks to the use of pure bio natural gas as fuel the Cup Scirocco emits 80 per cent less CO2. The version of the 2-litre engine used for the Germany Rally delivered 275 hp.

Kris Nissen, Volkswagen Motorsport Director

“The Scirocco R performed well as the course-opening car during the Germany Rally. It enabled Carlos Sainz and Nasser Al-Attiyah to demonstrate how much Volkswagen stands for technical innovations in circuit racing. The audience was thrilled, too, to see a two-time World Rally Champion – Carlos Sainz – again. All in all, it was a successful promotion of both the Scirocco R-Cup and eco-conscious bio natural gas power.”

Carlos Sainz
    “It was nice to take an excursion into the WRC world again. I saw many old acquaintances and many familiar faces again and used the opportunity for an exchange with old companions from my days in the World Rally Championship. Being allowed to open the course with the Scirocco was an honour for Volkswagen and of course for me as well.”

Nasser Al-Attiyah
    “Even though the Scirocco R, which we used as the course-opening car, was not a thoroughbred rally vehicle it was fun to open the special stages with it. I think the spectators enjoyed it just as much – and for me and my co-driver Timo Gottschalk it was a nice change from our joint commitments in the ****pit of the Race Touareg at off-road rallies.”

Click: renewablemotorsports.com/2010/08/scirocco-r/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    That's really cool weasel!

Now this is how I define fun, but eco-friendly
    beats the hell out of that Prius crap
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

275 hp is really good for a natural gas powered car.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Very cool, thanks for sharing.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    The head of Volkswagen's motorsport division says the manufacturer could be competing in the World Rally Championship as early as 2013 if plans are given the green light in the coming months.

VW’s motorsport director Kris Nissen spoke of the company’s interest in building a World Rally Car during Rallye Deutschland, where the firm launched its latest Dakar challenger, the Race Touareg 3.

Volkswagen also had a strong presence on the stages last week, with former double World Rally Champion Carlos Sainz opening the roads at the wheel of a bio-fuelled VW Scirocco Zero Car.

Commenting on speculation that Volkswagen was close to following MINI in announcing a new WRC programme, Nissen said: “We’ve been looking into this for more than a year. We think it’s very interesting and I have never made a secret out of it. The fact is we are very, very happy to see MINI and now there will be three manufacturers.

“We are very happy with the cooperation of Jean Todt and the FIA. In two or three years we will see even more interesting rally for the spectators and for the people at the races. That’s something we like to hear and we are more than interested,” he added.

That interest could lead to the development of a brand new Volkswagen World Rally Car version of the Polo, Golf or Scirocco.

“When we press the button we need about two years and that means if in the short future - I’m talking about the next months - we could make a decision we could be there in 2013 but if not we can be there in 2014,” explained Nissen.

“We are really very pleased to see the way the rally is going and we also need to think about the history of motorsport. We have always had cars on the track, especially F1 cars, we have Le Mans cars - which is also a historic race - and we have the rally. The rally has always been there, in different formats, but it has always been there. I really think that the World Rally Championship is one of the most interesting sports in motorsport you can have.”

Click: wrc.com/news/volkswagen-interested-in-wrc-entry/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition