Lets Race!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Lets Race! within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; '08 WRX hatch: Cobb Sway bars, Perrin endlinks, Perrin stage 2 power package, AP short shifter & bushings. I registered ...

Cool Lets Race!

'08 WRX hatch: Cobb Sway bars, Perrin endlinks, Perrin stage 2 power package, AP short shifter & bushings.

I registered for my first Auto-X event for next weekend. I don't know how I'll like time attack events because everything is about cornering, but I know its good practice for beginers. I'll probably get a fresh oil change before the event and check the coolant levels. And I'll put on some perrin front endlinks so I don't snap the stockers. Tighten and grease the cobb sway bars. I guess I'll find out if the cobb rear sway bar will hold up to autocross. I heard some have issues with the straight bar setup. I can't think of anything else for preparation.

After this I'll take an instruction run at MSR Houston before the 24 Hours of Lemons in a 87 BMW 325 that I'm working on now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm jealous. I'd really like to do that eventually. Good luck =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionWins View Post
    24 Hours of Lemons

LOL but yea, racing is fun. espically in controlled scenarios where there is minimal risk to your car.
    bugeye mafia #232
    World Rally Blue 2002 WRX Stage 2 290 awhp
    my mods

Quote Originally Posted by Price is right View Post
    LOL but yea, racing is fun. espically in controlled scenarios where there is minimal risk to your car.
    http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

Ya, its a good time if you can find a car for $500 that will finish the race.

HOLY ****!

are the rules joking or can they really destroy your car at random...
    bugeye mafia #232
    World Rally Blue 2002 WRX Stage 2 290 awhp
    my mods

Quote Originally Posted by Price is right View Post
    HOLY ****!

are the rules joking or can they really destroy your car at random...
    They can, do, and will destroy your car if they please. The rules are real.

Ya, its totally for real. The point is to make it about who has the most fun and less about who has the best car. The one thing they don't want is someone loop holeing the rules to get a ringer on the track, so if you piss people off or ruin the fun in any way, you can kiss your ride goodbye.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.