First Time Ever Drag Racing - Took My 10 WRX

This is a discussion on First Time Ever Drag Racing - Took My 10 WRX within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My 60ft was horrible - 2.3 secs 1/4 mile was 14.01 @99.25MPH Car is 99% stock, does have a drop ...

First Time Ever Drag Racing - Took My 10 WRX

My 60ft was horrible - 2.3 secs

1/4 mile was 14.01 @99.25MPH

Car is 99% stock, does have a drop in H&K Filter, Amsoils 100% Synthetic 5w-30w oil and I removed the spare tire/jack/tools.

My first time at drag racing at Kent Pacific Raceways.:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lQBJKuLFAc

Video of another WRX with an after market Exhaust and SPT Short Shifter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRNFI4zMBM His 60'ft was 1.8 seconds

There was a 2009 WRX in which the owner "claimed" he was pushing 425whp and his best was 12.8. He stated the stock tranny and his 60ft was a fault. Not sure, but he did produce a dyno graph.

I did manage to improve my 60'ft by slowly releasing the clutch at 4k rpm and got it down to a 1.9, but then I missed third gear when I rev'd her to 6,500rpm - I still got a 14.01 1/4 mile with a 98.5mph.
    Last edited by gastoys; 06-30-2010 at 10:18 PM.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gastoys
    My 60ft was horrible - 2.3 secs
    Yes, that's bad. For a first-time drag race, don't worry about it. With practice, it gets better.

There was a 2009 WRX in which the owner "claimed" he was pushing 425whp and his best was 12.8.

I did manage to improve my 60'ft by slowly releasing the clutch at 4k rpm and got it down to a 1.9, but then I missed third gear when I rev'd her to 6,500rpm - I still got a 14.01 1/4 mile with a 98.5mph.
    .4s in one day is pretty good.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

A short shifter and bushings make a world of difference for working on your shifting accuracy. And try it without the floor mats for a better feel on the clutch pedal. Maybe even take the rubber grip off the pedal unless you have the aluminum pedals.