Scion xB drag Debut
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Scion xB drag Debut within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This thing is cool. http://www.scion.com/scionracing/dra.../video/13546/0...

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Scion xB drag Debut

Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not bad at all for an elevation track.
    Pretty cool little ride. I hope they can get enough funding to paint over that fugly raw carbon fiber.

All in all, a pretty cool little car.

I Support ClubWRX
    painted: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xB_DragCar.ashx_.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	88512
    Bugeye Mafia #337

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    sweet, very nice
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I'm sorry, to me that's such a waste of effort and work....

It's still an ugly scion and it only goes decently fast... could've done so much more and so much better.

What's next, the Nissan Cube?!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PewterTA View Post
    I'm sorry, to me that's such a waste of effort and work....

It's still an ugly scion and it only goes decently fast... could've done so much more and so much better.

What's next, the Nissan Cube?!
    Not such a waste,these guys have been very successful: Scott, a second generation driver, began drag racing in 1989 running a VW Fastback at local California drag strips. He enjoyed a great deal success competing in the sportsman ranks until 1995 when he got his first big break, the signing of major corporate sponsorship, which allowed him to turn professional. Running in the ultra high competitive division of Pro Stock on the Pro Racing Association circuit, he again found huge success as a driver finishing in the top five in points until 1999 when he broke through and won his first National Championship. In 2000 Scott turned his attention to the newly formed NHRA Sport Compact Circuit. Over the next five years Scott made quite a name for himself finishing in the top five in points over that period of time and adding another National Championship Title in 2001. In 2001 Scott also captured both ends of the NHRA National Records for Elapsed Time and Speed. He also ranks number 3 on the NHRA Sport Compact All Motor Winningest Driver list with an impressive 6 National Event Wins. 2005 was a year of change as Scott parked his now legendary Toyo Tires Bullet Fastback and partnered with Toyota Racing Development and Toyo Tires and built a state of the art tube chassis Toyota Corolla XRS. The new “Bullet” debuted with much fanfare and did not disappoint running as good as it looked covering the quarter mile in the mid nine second range at speeds over 145 miles per hour. Now in 2010 Scott has partnered with Scion to build one of the most unique drag cars ever built, a Scion xB. The car will sport an all new look and will be powered by the current NHRA Super Stock EX Record Holding power plants. As one of the premier drivers on the NHRA circuit Scott looks to the future with great optimism and with good reason. That reason can be summed up with two words … Scion Racing. With Scion power and Scott’s incredible driving skills look for them to stay atop the NHRA Super Stock class and bring home many more National Records, Event Wins and National Titles!
    Bugeye Mafia #337

That is not paint, merely an artist rendition, but it will look finished and nice when he does paint it. Just as long as he does not leave it in raw carbon fiber. Primer grey is better than raw carbon. Heck, bondo chipping, flaking and falling off the body is better than raw carbon.

And as for building that, I say to each his own. Have I gone three seconds faster in the quarter mile and spent way less than half? Yes.
    But I learned a long time ago that everyone has their own view of what they want out of a car, and certainly out of a race car. Some like red and some like black. Some like to go in circles, some in straight lines. Some in mud and some on ice. I prefer to focus on our similarities in performance, engineering and the need for speed, rather than hammering on the negative. It makes everyone happier at the end of the day. But that is something I picked up getting old, so who am I to say that I wouldn't do the same thing if I was much younger.
    Plus, it is hard to argue when you can stand and say that you have the quickest Scion on planet earth, or the quickest Cadillac Seville on planet earth.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    i have very mixed feelings about this...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    That is not paint, merely an artist rendition, but it will look finished and nice when he does paint it.
    It's painted now,there were some nice pics and article in this weeks National Dragster.
    Last edited by josnroh; 05-12-2010 at 01:50 PM.
    Bugeye Mafia #337

I Support ClubWRX
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1016-01862 scion.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	45.7 KB 
ID:	88521
    Bugeye Mafia #337

I guess a wrap is better than nothin'
    And you east coast guys that get your Dragster way before we do. . .
    DARN YOU!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.