Will my wrx be able to make it into the 12s?

This is a discussion on Will my wrx be able to make it into the 12s? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; 2003 subaru wrx wagon mods: cobb accessport p&L Short ram intake aps 50/50 bov (lol) p&L 38mm EWG stock turbo ...

Will my wrx be able to make it into the 12s?

2003 subaru wrx wagon

mods:
    cobb accessport
    p&L Short ram intake
    aps 50/50 bov (lol)
    p&L 38mm EWG
    stock turbo
    3" turboback
    catless
    kyb gr2 shocks
    Swift racing springs
    whiteline strut tower bars and swaybars all around.
    17x8 wheels
    protune

what do you think, should i be able to break into the 12s with a stock turbo?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Exactly why map are you running with these mods?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't know why people continue to ask this question. It's the same answer for "how much HP will I make?" Go find out.......
    You didn't include your elevation,any specifics about your tune or max boost,octane and lastly the driver is going to make a big difference. Go to track,run car,get slip,post results................
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

No.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

i'm gonna say doubt it.
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

I'm gonna go with no. You will be low 13s.

It took going Stage 2 in my STI to hit 12.73 (I was at 276whp according to the baseline OTS Stage 2 dyno before my protune). A stock 04-07 STI can barely hit 12.9x with impeccable launch and impeccable shifting.

Stop forum racing and just go hit up a track. Goodluck
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I'm gonna go with no. You will be low 13s.

It took going Stage 2 in my STI to hit 12.73 (I was at 276whp according to the baseline OTS Stage 2 dyno before my protune). A stock 04-07 STI can barely hit 12.9x with impeccable launch and impeccable shifting.

Stop forum racing and just go hit up a track. Goodluck
    I think the guy might just be looking for a "benchmark" for which to aim when he DOES go to the track. So while I don't know for certain that he's not playing bench racer with the numbers, you don't know he is. Know what I mean?
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    I think the guy might just be looking for a "benchmark" for which to aim when he DOES go to the track. So while I don't know for certain that he's not playing bench racer with the numbers, you don't know he is. Know what I mean?
    Very valid point and much agreed.

I do think the biggest factor is the tune and what the boost is set at, especially considering an EWG. He can set boost rather high with that.

I'm honestly guessing a 13.2 or 13.3 before that turbo just runs out of breath...but if he makes it into the 12s, and great for him.

OP...go make a run! I wanna see some slips!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

im going to have to say a long as you come out of the hole good you should be ableto mayb just touch the 12's. i have a wagon too with an internal gate on a vf22 headers exhaust clutch tune and supporting mods and went 12.2 @ 112 on pump gas and **** an axle out beore we could change the tune for race gas and its my daily so you shouldnt be that far behind