What should i buy to make my STI run 10-11 sec 1/4 mile ?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What should i buy to make my STI run 10-11 sec 1/4 mile ? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, so first of all i have to say that i am from Moldova (europe) and that i am passionate ...

Question What should i buy to make my STI run 10-11 sec 1/4 mile ?

Hello, so first of all i have to say that i am from Moldova (europe) and that i am passionate of cars and an sti was my dream, also i like drag racing and i would like to make my car "an every day car" and also a car that will show a nice 10 to 11 sec time on a drag racing competitions, so is a solution for such an ambition ?

So would somebody give me an advice and write to me the steps that i should do in order to make my '04 STI run 10 to 11 sec and to do minimum changes and minimum expenses in order to not visit the service center every month.

THANK YOU !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you will need atleast to be at the 400hp mark-ish to the wheels. which will cost you a pretty penny
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

What I don't understand is how people in europe with their cost of gas can afford to fuel up cars like sti's and wrx's
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

This is not about the cost of gas, here we talk about the pleasure that you recieve when you drive the car that you had dreamed about, so could somebody write to what should i change in order to get such a sti (10 to 11 seconds on 1/4 mile) with minimum expenses !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LEFTER View Post
    This is not about the cost of gas, here we talk about the pleasure that you recieve when you drive the car that you had dreamed about, so could somebody write to what should i change in order to get such a sti (10 to 11 seconds on 1/4 mile) with minimum expenses !!!!
    Yeah I know that people love certain cars so much that they will purchases them reguardless of their cost of ownership... if they didn't then no one would buy exotics... but I've heard the average cost per gallon over there is $8... and the sti has a 17 gallon tank that's a $136 tank and I use a tank a week if I were paying that much it would be $589 a month a lot more then my car payment...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Hello, so first of all i have to say that i am from Moldova (europe) and that i am passionate of cars and an sti was my dream, also i like drag racing and i would like to make my car "an every day car" and also a car that will show a nice 10 to 11 sec time on a drag racing competitions, so is a solution for such an ambition ?

So would somebody give me an advice and write to me the steps that i should do in order to make my '04 STI run 10 to 11 sec and to do minimum changes and minimum expenses in order to not visit the service center every month.

THANK YOU !!!
    i going to guess YOU HAVE NOT SEARCHED the forums....

FAST AND CHEAP IS NOT RELIABLE. FAST AND RELIABLE IS NOT CHEAP... pick 2.

as for a 11sec STi and being a DD... and staying on a budget, GOOD LUCK
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

Turbo swap, full tbe, injectors, new fuel pump, fmic, new enternals, protune, and a whole lot of money and time...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

I Support ClubWRX
    Hi there, and welcome to ClubWRX.

It seems to me that a V8 would have been a better starting point to accomplish your goals, but I wish you luck.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Be prepared to drop $15K+ into parts alone, then factor in any labor/tuning that needs to be done. It's one thing to go with a "minimal expense" setup if the vehicle is a track-only car, but with DD duties, you can't afford to have the car in a shop for 3-4 months at a time broken down.

As Ray said, a different vehicle would have been a better platform; our vehicles aren't meant for drag racing.

A local guy was running 10s with his STi, but it's taken him three built motors to do so...

Video:
    YouTube - Jays05STI Running 10s
    (NWS: language)
    Last edited by EJ257; 04-24-2010 at 06:07 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Yeah I know that people love certain cars so much that they will purchases them reguardless of their cost of ownership... if they didn't then no one would buy exotics... but I've heard the average cost per gallon over there is $8... and the sti has a 17 gallon tank that's a $136 tank and I use a tank a week if I were paying that much it would be $589 a month a lot more then my car payment...

In my country it costs >>> 130 cents $ and a tank would maximum 50 $

Guys i am not talking about the money i talk about the things that i have to buy and install into STI in order to get such a time AND a good every day car, i only mentioned that would be nice if i would get such a time with minimum expenses, but here is not about the money, is about the BEST installed things that give a good time and the best fitment of those things in the STI !!!

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    you will need atleast to be at the 400hp mark-ish to the wheels. which will cost you a pretty penny

and what things will cost me a "pretty penny" ???

could you write to me all the package ?!?!?

Forged pistons, gt35r or greddy rotated setup, ewg, full tbe, new intake, at least 900-1000cc injectors, a big fuel pump, meth injection and a really good tune will get you in 10s somewhat realiably, but a DD... idk about that. Get a v8s and put nos and slicks on it, bam DD with a simple tire swap. Even though a 400whp sti would be alot of fun. Ive added it up before, your looking at nearly 14k if your installing and tuning. Wrong car for a drag car, why 10s? Is a 12 second car not fast anymore?
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I Support ClubWRX
    Guys i am not talking about the money i talk about the things that i have to buy and install into STI in order to get such a time AND a good every day car,
    Right. What's being told to you is that the car isn't engineered with this in mind. It is very unlikely that you will get reliability (daily driver) AND be posting 10 second times at the strip on weekends with a WRX/STI, even if you spend the money that's being referenced.

Money is only one aspect..there is also the nuisance of having a car that is constantly borked.

Cheers!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    There was a guy here in Utah that had a 10 second DD STi, you don't even want to know what kind of work went into that damn thing. Trust me, if you want a DD 10 second car, buy a Chevy something and supercharge the **** out of it. Subaru's are not made for drag racing, and it STILL amazes me that people buy them for such.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.