What should i buy to make my STI run 10-11 sec 1/4 mile ? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on What should i buy to make my STI run 10-11 sec 1/4 mile ? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by LEFTER Guys i am not talking about the money i talk about the things that i have ...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LEFTER View Post
    Guys i am not talking about the money i talk about the things that i have to buy and install into STI in order to get such a time AND a good every day car, i only mentioned that would be nice if i would get such a time with minimum expenses, but here is not about the money, is about the BEST installed things that give a good time and the best fitment of those things in the STI !!!

THANKS
    No, what they are saying is that if you want a 10-11 second car drag car that's also to be used as a daily driver, "minimum expenses" should not be part of your vocabulary. You will be spending loads on parts, labor, and tuning. On top of that, there will be plenty of repairs that you will have to deal with.

Someone pretty much already listed off some of the parts needed, but there will be other parts as well that weren't mentioned. What motor does your car have? An EJ257 or EJ207?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

An EJ257

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    There was a guy here in Utah that had a 10 second DD STi, you don't even want to know what kind of work went into that damn thing. Trust me, if you want a DD 10 second car, buy a Chevy something and supercharge the **** out of it. Subaru's are not made for drag racing, and it STILL amazes me that people buy them for such.
    For the cost... they are great drag racing cars... You can't DD most cars, then take them to the track on the weekends.

On test and tune nights, I'm usually faster than over half of the cars with only minimal mods to an 06 WRX... That 13.40 in my sig is at altitude, and at sealevel it'd be approximately 12.5... a totally respectable time. They're not "made" for drag racing... but they do it pretty effing well... They just don't have the potential for the extremely low times that some drag racers want.

(btw... tell jen n bobby that subarus aren't made for drag racing!)

To the OP... a FPRed should get you solidly into the 11's... But you need to build the engine block to handle that turbo regularly. You're looking at about 15 grand on top of the cost of the car to get into the 11's reliably and for multiple runs.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LEFTER View Post
    An EJ257
    Depending on how deep you're wanting to go in the required engine work could be anywhere from piston replacement to headwork and block sleeving.

I Support ClubWRX
    In my opinion... fpred, or a dominator, rods n pistons, big maf intake, front mount intercooler, APS dual injector tgv deletes + fuel rails, dual 750 injectors, e85 tune, APS 3.5inch TBE, EL headers with EWG Uppipe, and EM (hydra?)... then drivetrain stuff like a clutch/flywheel, transmission/engine mounts, pitch stop... etc. (and some incredible tires of course..)

That's how I'd do it anyways.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    In my opinion...
    If you're pulling the motor, why not just go rotated?

Headwork is also quite important - on a turbo the size of what he needs to run 10s, good headwork can be worth quite a bit of power, but it's expensive.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    If you're pulling the motor, why not just go rotated?

Headwork is also quite important - on a turbo the size of what he needs to run 10s, good headwork can be worth quite a bit of power, but it's expensive.
    True story... I always neglect rotated setups in my thought process. I always forget that there are a few rotated "kits" so you don't have to pay for that expensive fab work.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.