WRC Turkey April16-18 talk/results spoiler** - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WRC Turkey April16-18 talk/results spoiler** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ss14 ---------------------------------------- SS15 After SS15: Wheel change costs Ogier the lead Citroen Junior Team driver Sebastien Ogier lost the lead ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ss14

----------------------------------------

SS15

After SS15: Wheel change costs Ogier the lead

Citroen Junior Team driver Sebastien Ogier lost the lead of the Rally of Turkey on SS15 when he stopped during the stage to change a puncture.

Ogier began the stage with a lead of 8.1 seconds, but was forced to stop 11.7km into the 12.98km stage after a front tyre exploded in a high-speed section. Ogier left the road briefly then stopped to change the wheel. The incident cost the Frenchman three minutes and dropped him to fifth place.

Ogier's misfortune promoted Sebastien Loeb into the rally lead, with Petter Solberg second, 6 sec adrift, and Mikko Hirvonen third, 9.5 sec behind Solberg.

Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-17-2010 at 06:53 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS16

SS16: Loeb extends his lead

The new leader of the Rally of Turkey, Sebastien Loeb, set the fastest time through the repeated Bozhane stage and almost doubled his advantage at the top of the leaderboard

Loeb's lead over Petter Solberg grew from 6 sec to 11.7sec during the 14.58km stage, which is the penultimate test of the day. Mikko Hirvonen holds third overall despite drifting wide into a ditch in the closing kilometres.

-----------------------------------------

SS17

SS17: Loeb leads after day two in Turkey

Defending World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb was quickest through Saturday's last stage in Turkey and will carry an overnight rally lead of 16.2sec into Sunday's final day of the competition.

Ford team-leader Mikko Hirvonen was second quickest though the stage, to hold third place overall, just 1.1sec adrift of Petter Solberg in second.

Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-17-2010 at 08:25 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Rally of Turkey day two wrap

Citroen star Sebastien Loeb will take a 16.2 second lead into the final day of the Rally of Turkey, after Sebastien Ogier was deprived of the advantage that he had held since the third stage by a puncture caused by a steel rod that was lying on the ground.

Ogier ran first on the road today but still managed to maintain his position at the head of the field, despite sweeping the stages clean for his rivals.

The 2008 Junior World Rally Champion’s impressive run suffered a major setback on SS15, when he ran over a metal rod close to the stage end and his tyre instantly deflated at 170kph, pitching the Frenchman off the road and damaging the front-left corner of his car.

The incident cost Ogier more than three minutes and dropped him from first to fifth. This put Loeb, who had been steadily making his way up the leaderboard from fourth at midday service, into the lead.

The six-time World Rally Champion made the most of the asphalted portions of the afternoon’s loop of four stages to home in on the leaders. In the morning Loeb, along with the other factory Citroen drivers, had chosen to use part-worn tyres on the loop in order to maximise grip on the asphalt parts of the stage. In the afternoon he used new tyres all round: the choice that Petter Solberg had made in the morning to extremely good effect.

“It was definitely better with the new tyres,” said Loeb. “The balance of the car was much more natural, even though it was gravel tyres on an asphalt surface. I was also pleased with my driving; we did a good job and tried to be easy with the car. The last stage was destroyed but it was not as bad as I had feared.”

Read More: wrc.com/Rally_Turkey_Day2_wrap

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 3

SS18 and SS19 cancelled

Sunday's opening two stage of Rally Turkey have been cancelled by organisers on safety grounds.

Sections of the 16.79km Deniz (SS18) and the 21.32km Mudarli (SS19) stages have a clay, rather than gravel, base and after rain overnight organisers felt the conditions were unsuitable for rallying.

A statement issued by the organisers this morning read:

"SS18 Deniz 1: Due to heavy rain and muddy conditions of the stage, the clerk of the course decides to run the stage as a road section. All the competitors will use the alternative road book 3 from Denizli to Mudarli."

Soon after organisers confirmed that SS19 had been abandoned for the same reason.

"All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS20

SS20: Top two hold steady

Rally of Turkey leader Sebastien Loeb was the fastest driver through SS20 - the only stage of Sunday morning's schedule to run as planned after stages 18 and 19 were cancelled.

Petter Solberg was second fastest on the stage, three tenths slower than Loeb, to remain 16sec behind in the overall standings.

Mikko Hirvonen started the stage in third, but lost around 40sec when he slid wide and damaged a tyre. Hirvonen's misfortune allowed Dani Sordo ahead - the Spaniard is now 13.8sec behind Solberg.

----------------------------------

Rally of Turkey midday wrap: Sunday

The final morning’s action on the Rally of Turkey was cut short considerably by the cancellation of two special stages in the morning, as the event organisers considered them to be too rough to use.

The decision was on the whole welcomed by drivers and team bosses, who had already complained that some of yesterday’s stages were too hard on the cars.

This left just the 19.22-kilometre Ballica stage remaining this morning, amid rumours that this would be the only stage run this afternoon as well to conclude the rally.

Any worries Citroen star Sebastien Loeb had about his position of first on the road affecting his pace were dispelled when he set fastest time by just 0.3 seconds from Petter Solberg.

“The stage was clean: there were some big jumps and I really enjoyed it,” said Loeb. The Frenchman was helped by overnight rain that made the stages degrade rapidly, effectively cancelling out the disadvantage of running first. The two cancelled stages were run through forests: meaning that they took longer to dry out.

While Loeb’s prospects of victory increased with every cancelled stage, Ballica was a disaster for Mikko Hirvonen - who was forced to renounce his hopes of challenging for a win. The Finn slid wide on a slippery right-hand corner 1.5 kilometres into the stage and his left-rear tyre delaminated after 10 kilometres. This also punched a hole in the wheel arch of his Ford Focus WRC, filling it with dust. “I was pushing hard because with the two cancelled stages this was my only chance to make up ground,” he said. “When you really push, these things can happen.”

Hirvonen slipped back to fourth behind Dani Sordo, who struggled to get to grips with the tricky conditions, but seems assured of a podium place with a 35-second margin over his Ford rival.

Read More: wrc.com/Sunday_Midday_wrap

Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-18-2010 at 03:31 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS21

Dani Sordo out

Citroen C4 WRC driver Dani Sordo lost third place in the Rally of Turkey after stopping on the 16.76km Deniz stage.

The Spaniard stopped three kilometres before the finish control. Following him though the stage, Citroen Junior Team driver Sebastien Ogier reported that Sordo's car was parked by the side of the road in a muddy and slippery section.

Sebastien Loeb was the stage winner and extended his overall rally lead to 28.9sec. Mikko Hirvonen was second fastest through SS21 and moved into third overall after Sordo's problems.

Petter Solberg was third quickest, despite slipping off the road and clouting a tree with the side of his C4 WRC. The Norwegian remains second overall, 41sec ahead of Hirvonen.

--------------------------------------

SS22

Leaders clear the penultimate hurdle

Rally leader Sebastien Loeb romped though the penultimate stage of the Rally of Turkey to extend his advantage to 51.6sec ahead of the final, decisive stage.

Loeb completed the 21km Mudarli stage 22.7sec quicker than Petter Solberg, who admitted he had settled for the runner-up position.

Also adopting a more cautious approach, Ford driver Mikko Hirvonen was three seconds slower than Solberg to hold third.

--------------------------------------
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 04-18-2010 at 04:59 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    SS23

Sebastien Loeb wins Rally of Turkey!

Citroen C4 WRC driver Sebastien Loeb sealed victory on the Rally of Turkey today, round four of the 2010 World Rally Championship, to extend his lead in the FIA Drivers' standings.

Loeb, the defending and six-time World Champion stretched his 16sec overnight lead throughout Sunday's four stages to finish 54.5sec ahead of Petter Solberg who was second in another C4 WRC. BP Ford Abu Dhabi Team driver Mikko Hirvonen was third, 48.9sec behind Solberg in a Ford Focus RS WRC.

Today's win was the 57th at World Championship level for Loeb and co-driver Daniel Elena and gives him a total of 93 points in the drivers' championship. Petter Solberg is now second in the series on a total of 53, while Hirvonen is third with 52.

WRC.com: wrc.com/jsp/index

---------------------------------------

Championship Standings:
    Click: wrc.com/Season/2010

---------------------------------------

Next: WRC New Zealand - May 6th-9th.

Official Website: rallynz.org.nz/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 05-02-2010 at 03:39 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Finally Raikkonen is showing what he is really capable of doing behind the steering wheel. Seems like his adpation to the rallies is complete. Now we can see him fight for better results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12