Walter Röhrl - reunited with WRC-winning 1984 Audi Quattro

This is a discussion on Walter Röhrl - reunited with WRC-winning 1984 Audi Quattro within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Can we pause for a moment and give it up for Walter Röhrl? Here's a racer whose professional career began ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool Walter Röhrl - reunited with WRC-winning 1984 Audi Quattro

Can we pause for a moment and give it up for Walter Röhrl? Here's a racer whose professional career began in 1973, first person to win the World Rally Championship twice, winner of the Pikes Peak race and the title Rally Driver of the Century in Italy and Rally Driver of the Millennium in France, and who simply never gave up the habit of winning or doing fast laps.

Autocar got the man back in the Audi Quattro with which he won the 1984 Rally Monte Carlo – Quattros took the first three positions, in fact – and sent him up the Col de Turini to see if he and the car still had it.

Follow the link below to find out, and for a little more context, there's a video summary of that 1984 rally and a clip of Röhrl discussing and flying up Pikes Peak.

Click to see videos
    autoblog.com/2010/03/11/video-walter-rohrl-reunited-with-wrc-winning-1984-audi-quattro/

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-12-2010 at 06:24 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The 'nads don't shrink with age.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I Support ClubWRX
    All the money.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.