fastest stock turbo wrx 1/4?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92

This is a discussion on fastest stock turbo wrx 1/4? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm looking to beat the fastest stock turbo pump gas wrx times. Anyone know what they are? Best I could ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13

    fastest stock turbo wrx 1/4?

    I'm looking to beat the fastest stock turbo pump gas wrx times. Anyone know what they are? Best I could find on youtube was a 12.7. I've already ran a 13.3 with just a k&n drop in, ebay uppipe/ turbo back, and stage 2 tune. I've completed the exhaust with better stuff, added a cai, sti top mount, ported tgv's and intake, will be upping boost to 20psi and getting a protune, as well as finishing off my weight reduction. Any opinions/help on the topic?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User redwrx04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Posts
    310
    Your going to max out the stock injectors. i would get some bigger injectors, and maybe consider running e85 or meth, but talk to your tuner he will have the most knowledge. Not something i would do with my car but good luck

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    Someone on here tried to pass off a minor bolt-ons stage 2 setup using 93 octane as running 12.7s.

    12.493@111.45 Stock Turbo 2.0 WRX - NASIOC

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13
    that 12.5 pass was with alcohol injection, i plan on running just pump gas. And I've got A LOT of weight reduction, just about everything I can think of. that's the only reason i think I have a shot at beating anything, there's absolutely no interior in the car, besides for the drivers seat, steering wheel, wiring, and cluster/gauges.

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by redwrx04 View Post
    Your going to max out the stock injectors. i would get some bigger injectors, and maybe consider running e85 or meth, but talk to your tuner he will have the most knowledge. Not something i would do with my car but good luck
    I was thinking that too, but I talked to cobb and they seem to think that if i've got the stock turbo I wont max them out. After I try and beat the record I'm just going to upgrade to some 650cc's and throw on a fp16g and hope for 11's. so maybe i'll just throw the injectors on now.

  7. #6
    Registered User redwrx04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Posts
    310
    Thats a good idea, and im stage 2 and only running 16.5psi, and my stock injectors are almost maxed out.

  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Someone on here tried to pass off a minor bolt-ons stage 2 setup using 93 octane as running 12.7s.

    12.493@111.45 Stock Turbo 2.0 WRX - NASIOC
    i ran a 12.7 with only an intake exhaust and intercooler... still stock turbo 2.0 liter.. and an access port tune... at 108.9 mph... if i had the same stuff done that the guy running a 12.4 did... id be much much quicker

  9. #8
    Registered User FUJIcar87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fort Hood Texas
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by justinfigle View Post
    i ran a 12.7 with only an intake exhaust and intercooler... still stock turbo 2.0 liter.. and an access port tune... at 108.9 mph... if i had the same stuff done that the guy running a 12.4 did... id be much much quicker
    I'm going to call BS.
    2006 WRX: For sale so I can get a damn mortgage.... bleh...
    1970 Beetle: Upset causing sleeper

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIcar87 View Post
    I'm going to call BS.
    go ahead... i got video and time slip proof here first time at quarter mile track
    call BS all u want.. its called the driver mod

  11. #10
    Registered User FUJIcar87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fort Hood Texas
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by justinfigle View Post
    go ahead... i got video and time slip proof here first time at quarter mile track
    call BS all u want.. its called the driver mod
    wow good job.
    it seemed hard to believe.
    2006 WRX: For sale so I can get a damn mortgage.... bleh...
    1970 Beetle: Upset causing sleeper

  12. #11
    Registered User JUSTINSNUTSWINGER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,923
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIcar87 View Post
    I'm going to call BS.
    Don't, it's very feasible

    I ran a stage 2 at 13.1 a while back in my 07wrx... Never had the nuts to dump it completly.

    Dunno if it's the "driver mod" as a 1st timer.... C'mon
    N-swinger

    2000 Escort

    Maintenance schedule and poke in the eyes:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...nce-guide.html

  13. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Dallas, TX / Sterling, VA
    Posts
    6,629
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm still doubting it considering that's a common trap speed/time for VFxx owners.

  14. #13
    Registered User JUSTINSNUTSWINGER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    1,923
    I bet it is Justin... You know that altitude is a huge factor and add in the temp.

    If I would have dumped the clutch I could have picked up an add'l .3 at least.

    Know what... I forgot... on a 2.0. Just noticed.
    N-swinger

    2000 Escort

    Maintenance schedule and poke in the eyes:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...nce-guide.html

  15. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
    Don't, it's very feasible

    I ran a stage 2 at 13.1 a while back in my 07wrx... Never had the nuts to dump it completly.

    Dunno if it's the "driver mod" as a 1st timer.... C'mon
    not a first timer... first time at a quarter mile track... been racing for like 3-4 years

  16. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
    I bet it is Justin... You know that altitude is a huge factor and add in the temp.

    If I would have dumped the clutch I could have picked up an add'l .3 at least.

    Know what... I forgot... on a 2.0. Just noticed.
    i dont clutch dump.. thats for dumbasses who dont like first gear.. 2.0 i find is more torque than 2.5's also.. my friends 2.5 wrx with a 20g big wheel turbo i outrun by far untill top end

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •