Getting off the line in 2010 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Getting off the line in 2010 WRX within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What's the best way to start off the line in a 2010 WRX? I seem to get a bit of ...

What's the best way to start off the line in a 2010 WRX? I seem to get a bit of lag in first gear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i get the same problem, how many miles in are you?
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

About 1500 miles. This is my first hydraulic clutch in a Subaru. I think it is just going to take some getting used to.

i feel like the friction point on this clutch is quite high thats why i have a problem with it sometimes, it took me about a month to really get a good feel for it
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

I Support ClubWRX
    any of the wrx/sti's have an akward friction point. It takes some time.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I agree. I want to spool the revs up just before I hit the clutch point. I have plenty of time to get used to the clutch, I just need to be more patient.
    2010 WRX Premium 5-Door
    Dark Gray Metallic
    STI short throw shifter w/SPT bushing upgrade

I'm only about 600 miles into the trans on the 2010 and I'm just starting to get comfortable with it...I'm a valet in the city btw and have driven it ALL, I was not expecting it to be this difficult haha
    NE F4

I just had a chance to race a 2007 Mustang Cobra at a light. I was concerned about the clutch point, but I guess my reflexes took over. I think I got the rpms up to 3000-4000 just as I hit the clutch point. It was very fluid and the car responded. I got a nice bit of tire squeal and then the car just took off.
    Sometimes we have a tendency to over analyze these things, but when the time comes it's good to just let our reflexes take over. I have driven for several of my jobs delivering pizza, kegs, etc. I also just finished putting 155,000 miles on my last Impreza. There is no substitute for experience. My next adventure will involve some practice on a local track.

BTW, the Mustang lost badly.
    2010 WRX Premium 5-Door
    Dark Gray Metallic
    STI short throw shifter w/SPT bushing upgrade

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.