2010 WRC Sweden Feb 11-14 talk/results spoiler** - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2010 WRC Sweden Feb 11-14 talk/results spoiler** within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Day 3 SS17 Rammen 1 Rally Sweden leader Mikko Hirvonen did a successful job of defending his position on Sunday ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Day 3

SS17 Rammen 1

Rally Sweden leader Mikko Hirvonen did a successful job of defending his position on Sunday opening stage, preventing a hard charging Sebastien Loeb from taking any more than two-tenths from his 16 second advantage.

Running first and second through the 21.87km Rammen test, the pair left the other competitors trailing in their wake - with third fastest Dani Sordo 9.7sec further back.

"I pushed hard, because I knew he's do a good time - it's no surprise," smiled Hirvonen at the finish control.

Loeb meanwhile wasn't prepared to give up on his chance of a win just yet. "I tried really hard but he was right there again, really strong and fast - I couldn't do better. We'll continue to push though, let's see where we are after the service [after SS18].

Click: wrc.com/index=SS17

----------------------------------------

SS18 Varmullsasen 1

Defending World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb has conceded defeat in the battle for victory in Rally Sweden, saying his Ford rival Mikko Hirvonen is too strong in the conditions.

Citroen C4 driver Loeb threw in the towel at the end of Sunday's second stage, the 23km Varmullsasen, after rally leader Hirvonen won the test in a time 7.3 seconds quicker.

Trailing Hirvonen by 23.7sec overall with three more stages to run, Loeb said he would settle instead for 18 points and the runner-up place.

"I decided to stop fighting," said Loeb. "There's no change. Even on the limit, when I do no mistakes, he's as fast as me. I prefer to try and finish second now. On this stage I make a few mistakes and had a few moments. He's too strong here."

Click: wrc.com/index=SS18

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

PWRC
    At the end of SS18, halfway through day three of Rally Sweden, Swedish guest driver Patrik Flodin had a lead of 1min 15sec in his Subaru Impreza, having dominated the P-WRC throughout the event.

Nonetheless, he is worried about mechanical issues which may create a problem in the rally's final three stages this afternoon: “On SS17 my suspension was stiff and then in SS18 it started to be soft. This meant that I came close to driving into a ditch, when I moved from the gravel road to the downhill ski section when there was water all over the road and it was slippery in SS18.”

Click: wrc.com/PWRC_SS18

SWRC
    Swedish driver P-G Andersson has dominated the S-WRC class in his Skoda Fabia S2000 throughout Rally Sweden, and heads off to the three final stages with a lead of 51 seconds.

P-G remained confident in his performance over the first two stages of day three despite ice on SS18: “We had a good pace and tried not to lose too much time. The tyres were generally fine, but there was nearly a problem when we got to the ski resort, which was slippery and scary.”

Despite battling hard all morning and winning SS18, Janne Tuohino in his Ford Fiesta S2000 only managed to take 1.2 seconds out of Andersson's lead. He is lying in a secure second, 1min 36 sec ahead of Martin Prokop, also in a Ford.

Click: wrc.com/SWRC_SS18

-----------------------------------------------

SS19 Lesjofors

-----------------------------------------------

SS20 Rammen 2

With each of the drivers in the top 10 relatively secure in their positions there were no last-ditch heroics on SS19 or SS20, the penultimate stage of Rally Sweden.

With much of the ice packed surface destroyed on the earlier pass, there was plenty of gravel on the repeated Rammen stage, potentially very bad news indeed for the metal studded tyres the cars were shod with.

With only the 23.41km repeat of Varmullsasen to go, rally leader Mikko Hirvonen summed up the feelings of most of the competitors. "The stage is all gravel, nothing else," he said. "I came very slowly, just to keep the tyres. Looking at the splits, it seems Sebastien is doing the same. We have to keep the tyres for the last stage. Just one to go..."

Trailing Hirvonen by 36.7sec ahead of the decisive Varmullsasen, Loeb was taking no risks either. "I didn't push hard because I tried to save my tyres," he said. "I have no other goal than to finish now. I’d be happy with second place; it’s not so bad."

Click: wrc/index_SS20

Last edited by Weasel 555; 02-14-2010 at 03:32 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    End of Day 3

SS21 Varmullsasen 2

Congratulations to Mikko Hirvonen/Jarmo Lehtinen/Ford on winning WRC Sweden

Other:

21. Marcus Gronholm Stobart VK Ford Focus WRC +23mins 30.8secs M
    30. Kimi Raikkonen Citroen Junior Team C4 WRC +38mins 37.2secs M

SWRC Standings after SS21 / Day 3:

1. PG Andersson Skoda Fabia S2000 03hours 21mins 49.3secs S
    2. Janne Tuohino Ford Fiesta S2000 +00mins 47.3secs S
    3. Martin Prokop Ford Fiesta S2000 +02mins 56.4secs S
    4. Patrik Sandell Skoda Fabia S2000 +04mins 30.1secs S
    5. Eyvind Brynildsen Skoda Fabia S2000 +04mins 48.0secs S
    6. Bernardo Sousa Ford Fiesta S2000 +07mins 05.6secs S
    7. Per-Arne Saav Skoda Fabia S2000 +17mins 39.4secs S

PWRC Standings after SS21 / Day 3:

1. Patrik Flodin Subaru Impreza 03hours 28mins 04.7secs P
    2. Anders Grondal Subaru Impreza +01mins 13.1secs P
    3. Armindo Araujo Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X +05mins 04.9secs P
    4. Fabio Frisiero Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX +16mins 41.5secs P
    5. Martin Semerad Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX +21mins 47.8secs P
    6. Reijo Muhonen Mitusbishi Lancer Evo X +25mins 25.3secs P
    7. Gianluca Linari Subaru Impreza +42mins 58.6secs P
    8. Paulo Nobre Mitusbishi Lancer Evo X +51mins 58.1secs P

WRC Championship Standings

Click: wrc.com/season=2010

-------------------------------------------

USA Discovery HD WRC Sweden 2010 schedule click:
    dhd.discovery.com/tv/world-rally-championship/

-------------------------------------------

Next Round: WRC Mexico - March 4-7, 2010

Official Website: rallymexico.com/home

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-01-2010 at 05:48 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    "All We'll Drive"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12