Danica Patrick headed for turn on the boob tube as racer on CSI: NY?

This is a discussion on Danica Patrick headed for turn on the boob tube as racer on CSI: NY? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Breaking news! Your favorite female Indycar driver and mine, Danica Patrick, will be appearing on television February 10 sans her ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Danica Patrick headed for turn on the boob tube as racer on CSI: NY?

Breaking news!

Your favorite female Indycar driver and mine, Danica Patrick, will be appearing on television February 10 sans her entire racing getup on the hit CBS show CSI: NY. Patrick will be playing shocking, we know a race car driver who is considered the top competitor to another star racing driver who dies under "suspicious circumstances."

Patrick's rival will be played until he dies in an amazing car explosion in Manhattan two days before a major race, of course by Antonio Sabato Jr. We can only assume that the resulting investigation will center around any involvement by the character played by Patrick.

Riveting television, we're sure... but we'll be a bit more interested to see if she is back on TV come February 13th for the official start of the NASCAR Nationwide Series opener in Daytona.

click: autoblog.com/2010/02/05/report-danica-patrick-headed-for-turn-on-the-boob-tube-as-racer/

ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

perfect.. maybe she'll turn to acting and open up a racing seat for one of the hundreds other women drivers out there with more talent and dedication than she has. Probally not though, cause the bulk of them won't pimp themselves out in GoDaddy commercials in tight leather oufits.
    I'll give her props for creating a great marketing machine for herself, AND she does have huge "balls" on the fast speedways where there's not much downforce in the car, and she is not shy about banging wheels at those high speeds. If she just had the dedication to continue to work on her craft and to build up her strength, so she could handle a car with the downforce cranked into it on the mid to smaller ovals and roadcourses, and she stopped being such a bratty primadonna, I'd have alot more respect for her.
    Alas, it looks like she is on her way to NASCAR where she can squeeze out some better $$$$ in the last few years of her driving career, and where the cars are easier, from a physical conditioning side of things, to drive. Good ridiance..

I Support ClubWRX
    Everyone has bills to pay.

Are those sunglasses by Persol? I'm looking at the metal piece on the sides as a telltale. Is she sponsored by Persol (it's not all that popular in the US)?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Everyone has bills to pay.

Are those sunglasses by Persol? I'm looking at the metal piece on the sides as a telltale. Is she sponsored by Persol (it's not all that popular in the US)?
    I hear ya.... Racing is just frustrating in that 99% of the time, it's not who has the most behind the wheel talent that gets the ride. It about who has the $$$ or can bring it through marketing their "pretty" face, or who they know or who they b*&w.

Especially these days, theres TONS of much more talented female racres out there, even attractive ones, but their not willing to show more than what their driver's suit show to advance their careers.

And there's thousands of talented of men drivers out there that could do better in alot of pro rides, but they either just don't know how to market themselves or don't have dad's or their uncle's $$$$$ backing them like alot pro drivers out there with more $$$$ than talent.

That's where racing is nothing like other pro "sports". If you're truely talented at stick and ball sports you can usually make it on that without huge $$$$ behind you.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    The expenses in racing make it that way though. At one point the rumour mill was whispering that one could buy a ride in... F1! Looking at some of the people that got rides in the late 80s - early 90s, I'd tend to agree with the gossip. There's a lot to be said for a struggling team if somebody brings a few million to the table, and the way the team may see it, they've got one person paying some of the bills that'll hopefully keep the car off the armco and off other cars, and another person that might win a race or two that's doing the actual work.

It's not just track racers either. I remember Hubert Auriol advertising... deodorant on TV. I guess it's crucial to him how he smells when he's racing across Mauritania. I know that'd be my first thought... And I'll be honest: for the right amount of money I'd advertise tampons.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    Spiros, i think they are Kaenon Sunglasses
    Thanks Weasel! The frame looks great but I actually don't like the side view with the metallic detail going all the way back.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

There are ride buyers in EVERY series today.. INCLUDING F1.