F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here - Page 9
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on F1 2010 talk / results etc ..all in here within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; the rb6 looked great as expected and i was also impressed with sutils efforts....

the rb6 looked great as expected and i was also impressed with sutils efforts.
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    yep cant wait for the race tomorrow, i think its gonna be a good one
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I'm very happy with Ferrari's position at this first race. Didn't get the pole but 2nd and 3rd is a good start and shows consistency.

Red bull never ceases to amaze me though. I mean they were cutting pieces off the barge board with a hack saw yet still managed to get the pole.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Red Bull are great because they went from being a client team for manufacturers that could use a little extra cash in exchange for a few motors to the no. 1 contender for the title this year, and they did it without drivers originally considered top flight. Good for them.

What sunglasses was Jean Alesi wearing? I want those.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    woooweeee the 2010 F1 season has just started

p.s. i wont post any results until the west coast usa has seen the race ok Cavs

since i'm in UK and a few hours ahead
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-14-2010 at 06:18 AM.
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

good race not too much action but were seeing the teams that have the pace..
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB

Nice to see them racing again!

But this was one of the most boring races i ever watched!

Hope they manage to get some more excitement/overtaking action going.

Excellent result for Ferrari. I wonder what Massa's problem was at the end though. I have high hopes for this season.

It was not the most exciting race.

I feel sorry for Lotus as proton is slapping their name on a terrible team when they have nothing to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    p.s. i wont post any results until the west coast usa has seen the race ok Cavs
    haha yeah I avoid this thread until after I watch it.
    FORZA FERRARI

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Bahrain Grand Prix 2010

Driver ------------- Team --- Points
    1 - F Alonso (ESP) -- Ferrari ------ 25
    2 - F Massa (BRA) -- Ferrari ------ 18
    3 - LC Hamilton (GBR) -McLaren --15
    4 - S Vettel (GER) - Red Bull -----12
    5 - N Rosberg (GER) -Merc ------10
    6 - M Schumacher (GER) Merc ----8
    7 - J Button (GBR) - McLaren -----6
    8 - M Webber (AUS) - Red Bull ---4
    9 - V Liuzzi (ITA) - Force India ---2
    10 - RG Barrichello (BRA) - Williams - 1
    "All We'll Drive"

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    Excellent result for Ferrari. I wonder what Massa's problem was at the end though. I have high hopes for this season.
    i think he knew fernando was going to take the win and just backed off to save the engine for australia. i also think he just wanted to get this race under his belt and get a good result after his accident.
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Merk247 View Post
    i think he knew fernando was going to take the win and just backed off to save the engine for australia. i also think he just wanted to get this race under his belt and get a good result after his accident.
    At the press conference he said he was consuming an abnormal amount of fuel and had to back of for the last 25 laps but towards the end it looked like the Ferrari engineers were looking for a problem on the car.
    FORZA FERRARI

i did see them looking at the car on the shots on the monitors..didnt hear him talk about the fuel consumption tho couldnt watch the post race..
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Press slam 'Bore-rain GP'

After all the pre-season expectation, the press wasted no time in slamming the new regulations which reduced the Bahrain Grand Prix to something of a procession.

Drivers and insiders are blaming the refuelling ban, with most cars adopting similar race strategies at the Sakhir circuit and then being unable to follow their rivals closely enough to overtake.

Red Bull's Mark Webber blamed the rule makers, asking scathingly: "Why do they keep ****ing with it?" The Daily Telegraph's Kevin Garside agreed, arguing that Bahrain was a "warning of the dangers of tinkering beyond repair".

The Sun predictably slammed the 'Bore-rain GP', with the Daily Mail adding: "The FIA and teams must look at the problem urgently and see what can be tweaked. The sport is in danger of missing out on its greatest bonanza. There are four champions on the grid, all in competitive cars. The racing should be sparkling rather than as dry as the desert."

The foreign press was less vociferous in its condemnation, but even Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport - delighted with the Ferrari one-two - had to mention the lack of fizz. "Looking at it objectively, this new and highly anticipated F1 produced a rather boring race, with very few passes and most of the field bunched at the back. But Sakhir is an odd track. We'll see how the season unfolds."

France's L'Equipe said it was "unanimous" that Bahrain "was deadly dull", while Auto Hebdo insisted it is "too early to say" the new rules have failed, "but the lack of excitement did not go unnoticed".

Germany's Bild quoted Adrian Sutil's father Jorge as saying: "Next time I will take with me something to read."

Michael Schumacher and race winner Fernando Alonso predicted more of the same in 2010, and reigning world champion Jenson Button played down Alain Prost's claim that the new generation will adjust to the formula that was last in place 17 years ago.

"It's not like the old days," Button said. "We have so much more downforce. You could follow cars [back] then. You could slide up the inside. You could race. It's very different now."

Click: en.espnf1.com/bahrain/motorsport/story/11367

----------------------------------------

Schumacher: Return fun, but overtaking impossible

Michael Schumacher insisted he was happy with a top six finish on his return to F1 competition in Bahrain, declaring that the result was a 'good base to make progress' for the Mercedes GP team.

In his first F1 outing since the 2006 season finale, Schumacher enjoyed a steady – if unspectacular run – to sixth place and the seven-time champion insisted he was happy with the result and the base it has given the team for the remainder of the season.

“After three years away, I'm happy to say that I had fun out there today, especially at the beginning with the good start that I had,” he said. “I can live very well with sixth position and it gives both me and the team a good base to make progress. I have every confidence that we will improve the car.

“Working with the team for our first race together was very positive and the guys did a great job so I would like to thank them for their support in my comeback race. We all know that we have some way to go but we will get there. The season is long.”

However, speaking to the BBC following the race, Schumacher admitted that the rules for 2010 and strategies employed by teams – which saw the leading runners complete just one stop – had ensured that the event wasn't one that will be regarded as a classic.

"Overtaking is basically impossible, other than if somebody makes a mistake,” he said. “Lewis had a little one so Nico was able to pass him, but got back past at the pitstop. That's about it.

"That's the action we are going to have with unfortunately this kind of environment of race strategy.”

Click: crash.net/f1/news/157727/1/schumacher_return_fun_but_overtaking_impossible

------------------------------------------------

Read More Stories Click: www.crash.net/f1

and

Click: en.espnf1.com/bahrain/motorsport/race/2209.html?template=home

Last edited by Weasel 555; 03-15-2010 at 02:18 AM.
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    F1 considers mandatory second pit stop

The fallout from the remarkably dull opening race of the 2010 Formula One season has already begun in earnest.

Following a fairly dreary Bahrain Grand Prix, several team bosses are calling for a fresh look at the proposed ruling which would make a second pit stop mandatory for all cars during a race.

There were extensive discussions about adopting the new rule over the winter break, but the proposal ultimately failed to gain enough support. Artificially inserting another pit stop might seem like a brazen attempt to alter the race order without anyone actually going through the tiresome business of overtaking, but with sponsorship deals particularly hard to come by, a number of the sport's luminaries are desperate to inject some excitement into F1 without lumbering the teams with expensive technical changes.

Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner told Autosport: "I think the problem, with the way the format of the races are, is that you are in danger of one stop races at all events." He added: "I think we should consider whether we do two mandatory stops. It seems ridiculous that the guys train like hell for one stop."

Mercedes GP CEO Nick Fry agreed: "That is the one of the things that we should look at. We decided against it before, but is something that clearly could be done. I don't think it would provide a particular advantage or disadvantage to anyone as far as I could see, but I am sure it is going to be high up on the list."

He added: "The most important people are the customers - they are the people who pay to come to races, or watch it on television. We are beholden on them to put on a good show and we should see what we should do."

click: uk.autoblog.com/2010/03/15/f1-considers-mandatory-second-pit-stop/

"All We'll Drive"

Yeah because another 1.5 second pit stop to change to the same tires everyone else is using will really liven things up.
    FORZA FERRARI